Lando General/Pilot Cape Stain Removal?

elcroz

Padawan
Howdy guys,

I'm a long time lurker in the shadows now starting my own thread... hello.

Would anyone know how to shift a green felt tip pen stain from General Lando's cape? I have tried the obvious Oxi-Action product's and general laundry detergent's etc all to no avail.
I was toying with the idea of taking it to a dry cleaner but am paranoid it would get lost given it's size and also the funny looks I'd get from the staff.

I am probably clutching at straws since the stain has been on the cape since the 80's when curiously I thought keeping a pen in my figure box was a good idea :shock:
Typically the stain is located on the right shoulder so it'd be pretty much front and centre when I get around to making a display cabinet (soon).

Any ideas are most welcome.

If the stain can not be removed I am guessing buying a spare, loose cape would be near impossible, I've checked eBay for months but all they have to offer is that dreadful £3.99 reproid.
I imagine buying a complete loose figure would be the best choice and then sell on the unwanted figure minus the cape.

Thank you all very much in advance for taking the time.

A

Anonymous

Have you tried Ace bleach. I have used that on Mego Space 1999 outfits and it works well. It's a mild bleach that you can rub into the stain, then hand wash the cape.
Make sure you rinse it very well afterwards to wash all the bleach out.

Dave

elcroz

Padawan
Thank you Dave, I will give that a go over the weekend. I will report back.

Thank you again.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Can you take his cape off and turn it over, so it's on inside out?

Or does it show through both sides?

Good luck what ever you do. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom