Latest Acquisitions

Lee

Padawan
burnsy said:
Lee, maybe a silly question. Who is your photo of ?

Heh-heh...That's Han's acid dealer :twisted: :)

No, seriously, it's Lee Hazlewood. Someone i admire. Google it :)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
burnsy said:
Do many of you dabble over there???

I think most people on here check in on RS from time to time, but it is a lot more up tight (anal) than this place, plus you gotta be careful what you say as some people only seem to log on to start an argument. :roll:

Lee

Padawan
gustie said:
my latest is a green snake european yoda...
greenyoda.jpg

Here's my green snake Yoda for comparison;
http://usera.imagecave.com/snakedriver/Picture951-copy.jpg

burnsy

Sith Lord
That looks great.

I have a batch of MOC figures that I want to get graded but really not sure whether to
send to AFA or go to UKG.

Looking at cost a little while back I didn't think there was much a saving doing
it through UKG.

What do you think??

wampa

Padawan
burnsy said:
That looks great.

I have a batch of MOC figures that I want to get graded but really not sure whether to
send to AFA or go to UKG.

Looking at cost a little while back I didn't think there was much a saving doing
it through UKG.

What do you think??

To be honest, i have never used AFA for MOC, i had some first-shots graded and cased and they cost big£££, due to AFA's tier system, when something reaches a certain value it seems to jump up in price with the grading. I am unsure about the price differences with MOC but i got several PAL mailers graded and cased and UKG were much cheaper. What i also really liked was the fact i didnt have to fill out pages of paerwork, or send overseas, also the guys at UKG were really great to deal with, i cant fault them, the turnaround was fast and the cases look good.

Joe

Grand Master
Really cool mailer and nicely cased !

The only downside I can think of with UKG is that resell value is not the same as AFA.
AFA graded pieces will always get more if they are sold on as it was the first company to grade in this hobby and the most well known.
(I haven't seen a UKG case or item to see if there is any difference in craftsmanship of the cases)

It all depends on if its just for you or in the long run you are flipping things for profit :D

Nice stuff all round everyone :)

Lee

Padawan
burnsy said:
Looks like you're into your music Lee. You from the UK??

Looked like an extra from Predator :lol:

:) :) He does look a bit like one of the guys from the Predator in a kind of says one line and dies after 20 minutes kind of way :lol:

You've gotta love your music :wink: I'm in Hunstanton in Norfolk in the uk btw 8)

gustie

Sith Lord
Lee said:

are you sure thats the correct yoda to have the green snake?? i thought it should have black round pupils not the "pacman" pupils...

im sure Coco will clarify

was chatting to the seller of my yoda and he says that these green snake yodas started off brown - so it if fade

still rarer though due to different material and figure variation

Lee

Padawan
gustie said:
Lee said:

are you sure thats the correct yoda to have the green snake?? i thought it should have black round pupils not the "pacman" pupils...

im sure Coco will clarify

was chatting to the seller of my yoda and he says that these green snake yodas started off brown - so it if fade

still rarer though due to different material and figure variation

TBH Gustie i'm not sure. I have about 10 loose Yodas so i am going to check the others. Be good to hear Coco's thoughts if he's the Yoda expert 8)

Bollux

Grand Master
These were waiting for me when I got back yesterday:

P310808_2211.jpg

P310808_2212.jpg

P310808_2213.jpg

One question, the Fett has a line on its chest plate, it doesnt look like its been drawn on as it looks
like its underneath the green paint, factory error?

P310808_221101.jpg

Jukesy

Sith Lord
One question, the Fett has a line on its chest plate, it doesnt look like its been drawn on as it looks
like its underneath the green paint, factory error?

Could well be, the chest plate may have been damaged prior to painting and the paint probably just didn't cover the mark. Rub your finger over it to see if you can feel anything?

Some lovely looking figures tho there guys :D

burnsy

Sith Lord
As it's quiet I thought I'd bore you with some of my new loose figures, that I've got over the last few weeks. All helps towards getting that loose collection finished....

DSCF4374.jpg

Saved some on some of the buys by not getting weapons, probably a mistake with Amanaman and I'll be searching for a staff for ages...

DSCF4375.jpg

DSCF4376.jpg

DSCF4377.jpg

**** photo I know, but my first Graded loose figure, I feel a new focus coming on!!!

DSCF4382.jpg

Not many to go now...

burnsy

Sith Lord
Still learning with repro weapons but I think Imp Gunner comes with a black gun normally, and the one he's come with just doesn't look right. Gustie if you're out there let me know...

cocofstar

Sith Lord
burnsy said:
Still learning with repro weapons but I think Imp Gunner comes with a black gun normally, and the one he's come with just doesn't look right. Gustie if you're out there let me know...

Looks like a Leia Endor blaster to me (possibly repro) which is the same as the Imperial Gunner blaster but like you said Burnsy, it should be black :?

Latest posts

Top Bottom