latest film/ dvd you have seen

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Going to see the new one on Saturday- trying to avoid spoilers. Didn't mind Crystal Skull- had lots of great bits, but also some dreadful- mostly the cgi rainforest stuff.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Really enjoyed Indy. Great first and last thirds, but sagged in the middle. Just didn't have the gravitas of the others, especially in terms of the bad guys and the settings, which felt quite samey.

Vs Crystal Skull, I would say the highs weren't as high, but there weren't really any lows for me, unlike most of the jungle bits in CS. All in all, really enjoyable, but just didn't quite have the original magic. Well worth seeing, so long as you just go with it and don't go all cynical Geeks and Gamers. Loved the ending- felt quite emotional!

Last edited:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I had a movie weekend 😂

Friday I saw The Shape of Things to Come, a movie I had not seen in many years. I could not remember any scene from the movie. I think it was great but the robots could have been made better and I miss to see some light from the engines on the space ships when they fly in space.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Saturday I saw Grandview, U.S.A. with sexy Jamie Lee Curtis. I had never seen it before, great movie (y) In the movie there is a scene with a car that has a darth vader doll on the roof 😂

03.jpg

04.jpg

04.png

Sunday I saw another Jamie Lee Curtis movie that I also had not seen before. Awesome horror movie (y) It was Terror Train 🥳

05.jpg

06.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Anyone else seen the new Indy film yet? I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. I hated the last one so was relieved this was a bit more of a nod to the originals

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
Anyone else seen the new Indy film yet? I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. I hated the last one so was relieved this was a bit more of a nod to the originals
I have, and I enjoyed it too. Great on the big screen, and definitely a bit more of a nod to the earlier ones 😁

sith-smith

Grand Master
Saw the new Indy and really enjoyed it. Was expecting it to be poor (though i didn't completely hate the previous one) so was surprised to find it was pretty good

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Just got back from the new Indi, thought it was ok, I actually didn't mind the crystal skull, not sure which one I prefer, need to watch crystal skull again but doubt that's happening any time soon.

I'm probably in the minority here but the latest one has been written around Harrison's age and I think they should recast Indianna Jones and do a new trilogy.

lejackal

Grand Master
It's funny how protective we are as fans of certain characters. Indy for example MUST be Ford but Bond doesn't matter (unless morons want to cry about women and people of colour).

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I saw Explorers last night, great movie until they get in contact with the aliens. After that I think the movie gut a little bit ****ed up :unsure:

01.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Okay I had a movie weekend.

Friday I saw Inseminoid from 1981, I was very surprised. The movie was fantastic, a really great scifi horror movie (y) Stephanie Beachham, Victoria Tennant and Judy Geeson are all fantastic in this movie. I do not know any of the male actors :oops:

01.jpg

Saturday I saw Invasion of the Body Snatchers from 1978, I had seen a scene from it when I was a kid and heard it was a great movie. I must say this movie was also fantastic, I was really surprised how the movie end and also surprised there is not a second movie :unsure: I was thinking did the aliens win :oops: Donald Sutherland, Leonard Nimoy, Veronica Cartwright and a very young Jeff Goldblum all do a fantastic job in the movie.

02.jpg

Sunday I saw 2 movies. First I saw Roadgames from 1981, I was again very surprised that this australian movie was so great. Jamie Lee Curtis and Stacy Keach are awesome in this horror movie.

03.jpg

The 2nd movie I saw sunday was Night Moves from 1975 with Gene Hackman as an detective. The movie was awesome and the end was a big surprise to me. A very young sexy Melanie Griffith, James Woods and Jennifer Warren are also in the movie and do a great job.

04.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
lots of good movies there Lars, haven't seen a couple of them, i remember invasion of the body snatchers, creepy stuff!
I agree, I was very surprised how the body snatchers end. Donald Sutherland becoming an alien and screaming at his friend :oops: but also cool with a movie where the good does not always win (y)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I haven't seen invasion of the body snatchers for years and years, probably decades actually. But I read the book last month. It's not bad at all.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I haven't seen invasion of the body snatchers for years and years, probably decades actually. But I read the book last month. It's not bad at all.
Nice, I did not know there also is a book (y) any idea why there is not a sequel of the movie ? :unsure:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
The book has a different ending. Good old Hollywood, find a decent book, adapt it for TV/cinema and totally change the plot/ending. Same as they did with I am Legend and I'm sure I could think of a few more if I had time.

No idea on the sequel, sorry.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
The book has a different ending. Good old Hollywood, find a decent book, adapt it for TV/cinema and totally change the plot/ending. Same as they did with I am Legend and I'm sure I could think of a few more if I had time.

No idea on the sequel, sorry.
ok thanks, great to know (y) yes hollywood make some bad changes, many years ago they also gave the vikings in viking movies 2 horns in the helmet. But they never had any horn in the helmet. Hollywood was so good to manipulate so child viking costumes have horn in the helmet and danish soccer fans go to a match with 2 horns in the helmet on the head :ROFLMAO: it was first after the tv series vikings that I saw and heard people talk about why do the vikings not in the series have horn in the helmets and people from the danish viking museum and national museum told people they have never found helmets from the viking age with any horn in the helmet it is just something hollywood did in the old days with viking movies 😂

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Last night I saw The Manhattan Project from 1986. I thought it was a scifi movie because imdb write it is a scifi movie. I did not see any scifi in it. But I still think it was a really great
movie about a 2 kids who steal plutonium to make an atomic bomb in protest that the us government have build a secret nuclear weapons lab in the little town they live in. John Lithgow do a great job in this movie and has a major role. I have not seen any of the kids before in other movies. But Timothy Carhart has a small role in the movie as a security guard. Most of the movies I have seen with him, there he always play a bad mother ****er (y)

01.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Last night I saw a really funny movie from 1983. Joystick, I can only say if you like to play old video and computer games or collect them or just like hot naked girls. Then this funny movie is something for you 🤣;) Joe Don Baker plays an angry old father who wants to close the local video arcade and he also try to keep his daughter Corinne Bohrer away from it all the time 😂
Jon Gries from Fright Night 2 also has a role in the movie as gang leader 😂

01.jpg

I love the PAC-MAN panties 😂
02.jpg

funny small motorcycles 🤣

03.jpg

and last sausage between the boobs 😂

04.jpg

Top Bottom