Han Solo (Starkiller Base)
Captain Phasma

We starting on these Russ now :shock: :shock: :shock:

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
Lovin all the new TFA figures everyone.

I've purchased a few TPM vintage collection figures:

2u6oisi.jpg

Slowly picking these up as they appear at good prices.

grinchy

Sith Lord
Good to see people helping each other out with the figures, I've been out to a few places today looking for any listed figures that people were after and came up empty, loads of figures just none anyone wants :D
Great set of figures there wooly, they look great with the vintage looking cardart

Russ J

Jedi Master
I echo what grinchy has said Wooly,those vintage looking TPM figures look great ,a nice little stash you have there 8)

I have a few new pieces thanx to Trilogy Collector and Izzyblue,not taken photos yet but will do when I get a little time....

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
Good to see the Modern thread getting some love. Where is the best place to post a modern showcase, I have a little Lando one I'd like to share and I'd love to see others?

Russ J

Jedi Master
Woolyniner said:
Good to see the Modern thread getting some love. Where is the best place to post a modern showcase, I have a little Lando one I'd like to share and I'd love to see others?

I would start a new thread in this section (modern section) with what modern you have tbh mate...also rather than starting new threads everytime you source new pieces I would just add to that thread otherwise you'll have loads of thread topics all over the modern section (hope this makes sense)....If Mods or Admin on here are ok with that anyway...

grinchy

Sith Lord
Yeah I think you'd be best either posting on this thread or making a new one and add to that, I've put loads of my latest modern stuff in this thread with no problems, be good to see what you have

Russ J

Jedi Master
I'm not sure how hard the Kylo Ren (unmasked) figure is to get (when I got mine there were only the 1available on the shelf at Smyths Toys £2.99) but I've just been into the Leeds branch at Crown Point (again Smyths)and I saw 2 of these figures so if anyone needs one either be quick and get down here or give me a shout and I'll pick one up for you

Russ....

izzyblue

Padawan
Russ J said:
I'm not sure how hard the Kylo Ren (unmasked) figure is to get (when I got mine there were only the 1available on the shelf at Smyths Toys £2.99) but I've just been into the Leeds branch at Crown Point (again Smyths)and I saw 2 of these figures so if anyone needs one either be quick and get down here or give me a shout and I'll pick one up for you

Russ....

Russ

This figure has been selling on eBay for over inflated prices. They had a few in Smyths in Kidderminster when I picked mine up last week.

Russ J

Jedi Master
I've only seen 3 of these figures anywhere in any store the one I bought and these two in Smyths...seems (in Leeds anyway) to be a bit of a hard to come by figure (unless like you say Anthony) go on EBay and get ripped off

Russ J

Jedi Master
My latest acquisitions thanx to the Trilogy Collector and Izzyblue.... 8)

TFA%20PIC%2018_zpsne5ndwzv.jpg

TFA%20PIC%2019_zpsjt5fhdyq.jpg

The following I bought from Tesco,Asda Living and TRU

TFA%20PIC%2021_zpsuykme9cq.jpg

TFA%20PIC%2020_zpso8sdt3rl.jpg

TFA%20PIC%2023_zpstbw4nvqp.jpg

The Assault Walker with Stormtrooper figure included I picked up from Asda Living for the nice price of just £5 :D

TFA%20PIC%2022_zpsloxqqocp.jpg

To finish off my single figure run I need...

1.Admiral Ackbar
2.Tasu Leech Kanjiklub
3.Captain Phasma (Silver pouch on belt)

To finish off my Armour Up run I need...

1.Boba Fett
2.Poe Damoren Pilot suit (Toys R Us Epic Battles exclusive)
3.Stormtrooper (First Order)

I do need a few of the '2 pack' sets as well to complete the run of those....

chiffy

Sith Lord
Some great pick ups on here over the last week or so, who says modern isnt flourishing lol If anyone can pick me up a thug, 5th bro, ren unmasked and rex for £2.99 each id be eternally greatful fellas!

Russ J

Jedi Master
chiffy said:
Some great pick ups on here over the last week or so, who says modern isnt flourishing lol If anyone can pick me up a thug, 5th bro, ren unmasked and rex for £2.99 each id be eternally greatful fellas!

I'll pop into Smyths today and see if those two Kylo's are still on the pegs chiffy

chiffy

Sith Lord
Russ J said:
chiffy said:

I'll pop into Smyths today and see if those two Kylo's are still on the pegs chiffy

Cheers Russ i'll have them both if available mate your time is very much appreciated

izzyblue

Padawan
Woolyniner said:

Modern collections and collectors are too often looked down upon. People are of course entitled to their opinion but I think some of the anti modern comments that are used are unfair. I collect both vintage (because I'm from that era) and modern and am proud to do so. In fact I have a soft spot for POTF2 figures as these sparked my collecting habit back in the 90's. My son had them as a kid and now as an adult he is collecting them again. Every generation will have its own 'vintage' line of figures that they will look back on with affection. So let's continue the love for modern.

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
izzyblue said:
Woolyniner said:

Modern collections and collectors are too often looked down upon. People are of course entitled to their opinion but I think some of the anti modern comments that are used are unfair. I collect both vintage (because I'm from that era) and modern and am proud to do so. In fact I have a soft spot for POTF2 figures as these sparked my collecting habit back in the 90's. My son had them as a kid and now as an adult he is collecting them again. Every generation will have its own 'vintage' line of figures that they will look back on with affection. So let's continue the love for modern.

I like both too, I try to use my Lando focus as a way to learn about the other lines. Looking across lines keeps it fresh and interesting.

Top Bottom