Long Time suspected FAKE baggies scam / seller

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
There will never be any real evidence - what are people expecting, a photo of Jeff making baggies? I don't recall you all needing photos of Toni ironing carded figures to agree those were fake.

trappedtexan

Youngling
Does worthpoint say who the seller is if you sign up?

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-star-wars-1984-rotj-teebo-440530936

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
For the record yes I agree that Frank jumped the gun posting this - however I also think the podcast team jumped the gun interviewing him without any questions from the accusers. The interview is basically a character test, nothing more.

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
The difference is the TT scandal came out by accident - when Jason mentioned it and despite multiple invitations Toni never came forward to put his view. This was done completely sub rosa, with no taking Jeff to one side and being presented the findings in private first. It was sprung on the community with actual photos of Jeff to boot. I am sorry Edd this leaves quite a nasty taste in the mouth the way this was done. I have to stand up for what is right here - if that loses me friends along the way so be it. We are better than this...

trappedtexan

Youngling
In regards to how this was outed, yes Frank being this guys friend could have certainly contacted him prior, but it was outed no different than the toy toni discussion on this very site. Accusations were made on December 5th I believe it was and on the 6th is when Toy toni was notified. No one contacted him prior to the reveal of accusations. Granted the way it evolved was different from this, yet I don't see any issue with the way the team presented this.

After hearing the interview I don't know that this individual was making these items, but he certainly had knowledge that fakes were passing through his hands. He knew some of his stock was fake and it wasn't addressed if after finding these fakes to be returned if he checked the rest of his stock to see if it was legit. He said he quarantined the fakes but did not say if he checked the remaining unsold for fake.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Hang on, doesn't this forum have a whole sub section called SELLERS TO AVOID with dozens of instances where an unhappy forum member has outed a seller for being dodgy?

Playing devils advocate here... but how many of those sellers were forewarned?

Richard_H

Grand Master
To answer some questions...

Jeff was never going to join a forum. He claims to be a technophobe. I for one am pleased that he was given an opportunity to answer some questions stated on here. It's not ok to allow one side to jump the gun, post photos, names of accusers etc... then expert the other party to follow rules IMO.

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
Well I have said my piece - I am leaving this thread now. I stand by what I said, if anybody takes issue with what I have said fine - PM me. I hope I never see this sort of thing in the community again...

lee gray

Sith Lord
I just finished listening to the interview, what is definitely known is some figures Jeff sold were fake, but whether he was actually making them is a different story, however I been hearing there is overwhelming evidence that he is guilty, so if so then lets hear it and then case closed but judging by the interview and the fact he didnt have much time to prepare he gave some good answers.

Also as had been said it would be nice if the others involved chimed in with why hes guilty so we can wrap this up as without knowing half the story its hard to know whats right. Obviously though noone would admit it so im at 50/50

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Lee Bullock said:
when Jason mentioned it and despite multiple invitations Toni never came forward to put his view.

Yes he did, he flat out denied it, just like Jeff is:

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11326&p=258079#p258079

Hothrebel

Jedi Master
trappedtexan said:
In regards to how this was outed, yes Frank being this guys friend could have certainly contacted him prior, but it was outed no different than the toy toni discussion on this very site. Accusations were made on December 5th I believe it was and on the 6th is when Toy toni was notified.

The difference was that the TT thread developed from a throw away comment not a direct accusation

greedole

Padawan
All i'm getting from this is that Jeff (whom i do not know but have bought from for years)churns out a shedload of baggies and occasionally some
"fake"ones slip through to which he holds his hands up and refunds immediately.
Nobody sussed TT for years....i for one must've sold 10+ to other collectors not knowing they were fake does that make me an accomplice to the TT scandal?
With hindsight TTs are easily spotted now.
Surely it's the same with Fake baggies?....there's a ridiculous amount of different styles of baggies with new ones still turning up....and once someone
states it's a fake then it's easy to spot,same wth TT examples.

All i want to see is proof that he's knowingly selling on fake baggies after being told they are fake.

It's a sad state of affairs though

:(

SOJ

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
There will never be any real evidence - what are people expecting, a photo of Jeff making baggies? I don't recall you all needing photos of Toni ironing carded figures to agree those were fake.

C'mon Edd there was several smoking guns with Toni then a stone wall of silence after an initial denial. If it were you being accused of something like this, many of us would defend you to the hilt and demand evidence. There are people here who are friends with this guy and are rightly concerned. No one is denying he has sold fakes, he admits it himself, although he says not knowingly. It manufacturing baggies that is biggest accusation and causing the most emotion and nothing we've seen or heard so far is convincing them he's done this. If there is more evidence it needs to be put out there ASAP to calm this down.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I have been contacted by Frank. I did try and speak to him last night and failed (my fault) and all of today.

He is not happy with the interview and feels that it should be done on here.

If there is overwhelming evidence worthy of this character assination, then lets see it. If this investigation has been going on for so long, lets see the evidence. Where are the emails? Screen grabs? Emails?

If the original post is all the evidence, you wouldn't be in a lawyers office for long. Where's the emails that say that baggies are fake and the evidence of sales after the emails have been sent? Its up to a believer to prove the existence of God, not an atheists.

Frank is not happy that questions weren't requested for the interview. Post here! Post right now. You have 90 minutes of Jeff to pick holes in his story. He states he never sold red baggies. Show us where he sold them. You got this in depth investigation, enough where a mans entire reputation has been ruined, lets see it.

finestcomics

Padawan
edd_jedi said:
Lee Bullock said:
when Jason mentioned it and despite multiple invitations Toni never came forward to put his view.

Yes he did, he flat out denied it, just like Jeff is:

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11326&p=258079#p258079

Antoni Emchowicz is a decaying sack of **** whose sole remaining purpose on this planet should be restricted to being surrounded by swaths of buzzing flies, eventually ending up as shark chum. My only reservation in saying this is I hope the sharks aren't poisoned from it.

I contacted him muliple times shortly after the revelation, and had it not been that an intermediary helped me in making the payment to him in our original deal, I wouldn't have needed to even try. PayPal was ready to proceed with a chargeback, but I just didn't want to screw the person involved in my original transaction as he didn't need to take the hit, Toni did.

The only thing I didn't do is jump on a plane and visit him to resolve this face to face.

He eventually responded to one of my requests for a refund, but denied any wrongdoing and said he didn't need to refund me.

This is not anywhere near the pattern being discussed, shown or even demonstrated through the web-based evidence of the accused in this thread.

Please don't mention the commode scum Antoni Emchowicz in the same sentence as the accused in this thread.

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
I'll bring up this sentence that was used in initial post. As it was a group effort - I expect all of them to stand behind it and give up the proof.

"Baggie types that we know have been faked by him"

There's no suspected, nothing - that's a direct accusation, 100% they know 'he' faked them.

So where's the proof of this?

Totally different to TT. Do we have evidence of how they were made? Does someone have an old list of plastic bags being sold and printed? No.

All we know is someone made them. And we do not have any proof who did.

Again, I expect all those "giving evidence" to step forwards with their evidence that Jeff is making these - that's what you have accused him of.

If you cant, then you know what to do.

xbomber

Padawan
Grant_C said:
He is not happy with the interview and feels that it should be done on here.

Frank is not happy that questions weren't requested for the interview.

Is it not up to Jeff how he responds? If it was me I'm not sure I'd be allowing an accuser to dictate the rules of engagement.

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Hang on, doesn't this forum have a whole sub section called SELLERS TO AVOID with dozens of instances where an unhappy forum member has outed a seller for being dodgy?

Playing devils advocate here... but how many of those sellers were forewarned?

Exactly what I was thinking, also plenty of dodgy sellers are fingered on the Ebay thread. It seems to me that some of you guys are going to stand by Jeff regardless

lee gray

Sith Lord
I dont know why Frank is adamant that Jeff replies here. I could understand if he was a member here or he sold them here but as thats not the case Jeff can reply wherever.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom