Overall did you like or dislike the Force Awakens?

Overall did you like/enjoy the Force Awakens or dislike/not enjoy the film?

• Like/enjoy the Force Awakens

Votes: 118 89.4%
  • Dislike/not enjoy the Force Awakens

Votes: 14 10.6%

• Total voters

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
DVD release today....loving it :D
IMG_20160415_225230.jpg

Jez

Sith Lord
I thought it was Monday Jeff? I've got it coming from Amazon for my birthday. Early in Dublin?

mumbo

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
mumbo said:
My pre order has just arrived :D

Where from? Why does this sort of stuff never happen to me. :lol:

Got a blu ray through Disney Store which entitled to me a £5 BB8 bobblehead which I couldn't refuse :D

CaptainAntilles

Padawan
watched TFA through a couple more times and enjoyed it alot more . i take back most of what iv said about it . overall its a good movie and i like it .

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Have watched it a few more times since last Friday...enjoying it more each viewing. Keep picking up bits I missed first time round....Bens voice etc...
Still a lot of unanswered questions, however, definitely looking forward to seeing how the story develops...

sith-smith

Grand Master
CaptainAntilles said:
plantman said:
second time round made it far better for me, i like it, it still doesnt sit as well as the originals and i dont like kylo and cgi snoke but its far far better than other 3 tosh :)

this is pretty much where im at with it , although iv only watched it once . i liked some of it but kylo ren was a bit of a **** villain for me and im still not convinced a 70 year old han solo was it great idea but i will reserve judgement until iv watched it again . i just cant see it standing the test of time the way the originals have .

Same here. I know I will buy the DVD, but I don't find myself rushing out to buy it.

Controversially, the more I think about it, the more I'm getting nostalgic about the prequels. :?

But ultimately I did like the film, just unsure about where it fits in my own personal star wars universe

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Seen it twice now on dvd, it was never going to match me watching star wars at 7 years old, as that film will always be magic to me because of that, even thou Empire is my fav, but it was far better than Jedi for me and far superior to 1,2,& 3.

It was reassuringly good for me and held my interest throughout, relieved, I thought it was very good, as it makes me want to see R 1 knowing that it should be of the same, if on better quality. They Disney, were always going to try and inject humour into the story to attract the wider audience but was still happy with the Solo / Leia / Skywalker nostalgia and I have high hopes for the future films. Not a situation I was in after seeing Ep1 that's for sure, but I think Kylo should have kept his helmet on to keep some mystery. It gets a 88.5% thumbs up from me :D
I cringed a bit at the 2 troopers walking away at Kylo's tantrum :| loved the attention to detail on the sets and ships

AL_Bundy

Padawan
It was better than the prequels ( not much of shock there) , but I was not blown away by it, as it was a very similar storyline ie looking for a droid and attacking the imperial base etc etc. I can watch the A New Hope, ESB , and Jedi over and over , but the other films I can take or leave.

The only positive about the prequels was it told the story of Anakin becoming Vader. I really think they should stop now though so they do not ruin the legacy, that said I will be going to watch Rogue One and am looking forward to it.

Mr RLP

Youngling
My daughter and I really enjoyed it. Gone to see a number of recent films ('Batman v Superman' etc) which were a bit disappointing. Just too much overload but The Force Awakens made us both smile. Surely that's a good thing when a film works for both a 17 and a 46 year old.

Having said that, haven't seen it again on DVD yet.

Markzane

Padawan
I liked it overall but was disappointed with the plot similarities to the original trilogy, plus it lacked the wow factor that the OT had.

I will admit to enjoying ROTS more than this. In fact TFA makes me more accepting of the prequels- they at least tried to tell a different story and each scene was beautifully framed and looked amazing in them.

But overall I liked TFA just a little disdained :p

Latest posts

Top Bottom