Postage

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedMetal

Sith Lord
Hi Jim

I can honestly say that I wasn't going to leave any feedback atall about millionsoftoys and that is why after you replied to me through eBay I didn't, yes I was unhappy with the postage for 1 figure but at the same time not the kind of person to do so over something like that, and the only reason I honestly lefted the neg feedback was because I went to bid on another hoth trooper and I had been blocked and for that reason and only that reason was why I left the neg.

I ment no harm with the comment about your wife and sure if you saw mine you would think she was a nice bit of crumpet too.

Regards,

Scott.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Many fair points there Jim although I would suggest that you don't quite dismiss the 20 years and more research some of the guys on here have put into Palitoy. Dave Tree's The Palitoy Archive is immense and I'm hoping for it to be available in London again.

Jez

Sith Lord
To be honest with you guys, after reading that reply I actually feel like logging in to eBay and buying some stuff from them!
Great response, fair points and good on them for standing up and explaining what's what.
Happy Days

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Agreed, good reply- thanks for taking the time to write and explain everything (must've taken a while to write that!) 8)

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
millionsoftoys said:
As you all know the only tool you have as a seller to protect your account is the block list - Every other protection for seller has gone on eBay - Its a jungle out there!!!
naughtyjedi - Thanks for looking up our website

Yes, to an extent. But I'm sure some dialogue could have been held tween you and the buyer to prevent the neg and block happening. Ebay has gone far too much the other way and its easy now for buyers to take advantage of sellers if they know the system. Maybe this sort of outreach can help that in future.

millionsoftoys said:
Just to let you all know as well, seeing as we are hopefully all friends now, we are in the process of setting up a brand new auction house (as part of our company growth) to rival Vectis and any other 2 bit toy auction companies out there which will have conference room facilities to allow for private SW events - We wont be charging the ridiculous 25 - 28% fees that other Auctions Houses do but will be considerably lower to help buyers get access to the items they want both SW and many other toy lines

Not sure you will make too many friends by calling other auction houses '2 bit'... some which have been around over a century. Little bit of respect is due before you go down that line. :oops:

I might pop along and say hi for the podcast and report, I'm not too far away.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I've never bought from you Jim and was just letting a member here know their rights on ebay for leaving the feed back they think the seller deserves. Oh and if the toy's been up Lucy's arse then I might be interested!

Ian

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice to see a response, although the fact you only post on here when something bad has happened is only your choice. I can 100% understand your aproach to the whole feedback thing on ebay, as you say your business depends on it and many buyers don't understdand this which makes sellers baten down the hatches which is what I would do. I think what a lot of buyers don't understand is how sellers deal with a lot of buyers who are unreasonable and this is the result.

Palitoy factory stuff sounds like gold. :shock:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Jez said:
To be honest with you guys, after reading that reply I actually feel like logging in to eBay and buying some stuff from them!

Just won an auction - true blue baby, true blue

Will make sense when I post up pictures on LA

lee gray

Sith Lord
I always put something like £5.00 postage on most of my items (unless free p&P) even if i know it will be more as £5 sounds better than £7.80 and i take the hit as its only a couple of quid, occasionally though i have sold something light and had put £2.00 postage and its come to maybe £1.60 but then theres still the cost of bubble wrap, jiffy bags/boxes and tape to consider too.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
walkie said:
Could it be that nice blue max rebo?

Yep sure is, I'll hunt down their instruments at a later date, been looking for a nice blue Max for ages :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom