Premier League 24/25 Thread

Also welcome to spurious transfer dealings to bypass profit and sustainability rules and Chelsea splashing nearly 100m already on 6 more players. Maybe they'll be entering a B and C team as well 🙄😂

Chelsea really need to be sorted out ASAP. They're just laughing in everyone else's faces, as they continue to get away with cheating by being 'clever'.

There's only so many times they can kick the can down the road before it comes back to bite them. I'm looking forward to watching them in League one!

Some amazing big deals so far. There's been ehhhhhh…….

The mighty Arse are still negotiating for Cauliflower (spelling, defo not actually cauliflower) from Bologna, presumably offering 75p a week for the next 30 years, when Bologna are being obstructive and asking for actual cash money up front.

They've also had a 50k bid for Wolves back up keeper rebuffed (who in the PL tries to sign a player from another PL team for less than Havertz day rate?)

Anyway, they pivoted to an English under 12 (ish) from Ajax for a million quid.

ESR, Nelson and Nketiah are all linked with moves to other London clubs, probably for a combined 120 quid.

Liverpool where, apparently interested in him, albeit I don't think they went as far as making a bid so it could just be paper talk. I have no idea if he is any good. I assume he is back up anyway.

None of those three you mention are great. Alright squad players, no more. But I have seen Utd and Pool sell **** of a similar squad standing for 20+ million (possibly that would need to be adjusted for inflation in
Utd's case as I am thinking of the Fergy era) in the past, so who knows.

Yoro having a medical at Utd after Pool were apparently told he ONLY wanted Real. Granted the move isn't finalised but either Pool got the wrong end of the stick (like they did when Caicedo's agent said he would sign) or they were lied to (like they were when Caicedo's agent said he would sign). Either way, if the move happens, Pool look daft.
No idea if yer man is any good. Given Pool and apprently Real were interested and he nearly made the France squad he is clealry not bad. But from what I know he has one decent season for Lille in League Un. Jarrel Quansha has just had 1 decent season for Pool in the PL. Would Yoro be an upgrade…..feck knows.

Last edited:
I think Yoro chose Utd over Liverpool and Madrid because he's pretty much guaranteed a start week in week out at Man Utd, probably not the case at Liverpool or Madrid.

Aye, what I have seen on the Pool sites is a cross between the price was too high given his experience and the fact he would be 'a work in progress' and that he wanted guarantees on game time that Pool wouldn't give. It does sound a bit "I never fancied her anyway" but we'll never know the truth.

Rumours of Spurs being after McTominay. That'll cheer @edd_jedi up!

I can't believe Spurs want Mc Sauce, strange signing if they go for him. I'd be happy if they did tho!

As for Yoro, Utd have spent £50 million on potential….

If I was a Spurs fan I would be raging if they signed McTominay. He's sub bang average and he will cost a fortune cos he's British and it's Utd selling. Though Levy rarely pays silly money so who knows.

Here's hoping Utd ruin Yoro lol

I'm looking forward to this new season and seeing how all these new Liverpool signings fit together. Ohhh….wait. They haven't signed a single ****ing player.

Certainly a strange transfer window, least amount of activity in PL history surely. We've bought a striker and a centre back, But Martial and Veran have left, so it's as you were really.

And you've just lost a striker and a CB to injury, including the new guy. ETH is cursed

It's gonna be another dull season. City walk it. Arsenal second then a dog fight for 3rd to seventh, I suspect.

Get the predictions thread up. Arsenal/liverpool/Man U three way with City clinging on for 4th. Everton will have the most beautiful stadium in the championship

65m for Dominic Solanke seems a lot. He's not a bad player but I'm not sure he's 65m good. Still, Pool get 9m of that so cheers Spurs. Carvalho off to Brentford for 20m plus add ons too. He is one who just never quite seemed to fit at Pool. Not sure if it's just Pool was too big a club or if it was just one of those moves that doesn't work out, but I hope he does well at Brentford. Except when we play them, obviously.
Pool's net spend this summer is now minus thirty million……which is nice. Hopefully Mr Minus Thirty Million can play DCM or finish better than Nunez.

I only saw bits of the Charity Shield yesterday, some shocking marking for Utd's goal, and City's line up was pretty weak. But then Pep's sides always start slow and then win 57 on the spin.

Yep it's always a risk paying big money for somebody who's had one good season, but 65m for a striker who scored more goals than Salah, Foden, Son and Saka last season doesn't sound like a bad deal in today's mad world of 100m players. Much needed though after Kane's exit, nobody else has really filled that void yet, Richarlison has the odd good moment but is way too inconsistent to rely on.

He had a very good season and looked a complete striker for the first time in his career. Thought he was much more deserving of an England place at the Euros than Toney. Definitely has £20 m English tax on there, though. £65 m after one good season is quite a risk. Personally, I think he'll probably do pretty well.

In other news, how are Chelsea getting away with signing another 100 players? 8 goalies!!!! I really don't like all these dodgy deals between Chelsea, Villa, Everton, Leicester and Forest. Needs to be stopped.

Back
Top Bottom