Question regarding payment on the Vectis site

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Lindo said:
37500 for the Bib with fees is plain stupid, hope whoever bought it is very well off and didn't do nothing stupid like remortgage or something, I have heard of people doing silly things like that in the past

Agree, ridiculous amount of money.

UKS

Jedi Knight
I got 3 21 backs. (Which is two more SW backs than I ever owned as a child!)

5/6 Last 17 Mocs

Kenner Max Rebo band

A load of Trilogos, and ESB backs

Oh and the blue snaggletooth.

I think I picked up 33 items in total. 32 were carded figures.

4 are upgrades. (Older backs or better condition)

4 are Vectis told me I lost so I bid on others - and then I won. They need be resold. I think that includes a Sand person, a DS commander, Walrus Man and a R5D4 all on ROTJ backs.

I may have enough to get a stand at a sale!

UKS

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
UKS said:

5/6 Last 17 Mocs

Kenner Max Rebo band

4 are Vectis told me I lost so I bid on others - and then I won. They need be resold. I think that includes a Sand person, a DS commander, Walrus Man and a R5D4 all on ROTJ backs.

UKS

That box is going to be bigger than mine. :lol:
Same thing with me on lost bids.
Only positive is that prices seemed to be lower this time. That Palitoy sandpeople was a good price esp for the grade.
And I`m delighted with what I got, but wouldn`t have bought it all if I had known.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
UKS said:

5/6 Last 17 Mocs

Kenner Max Rebo band

UKS

Did you have a recent lottery win

UKS

Jedi Knight
I own a successful company...

... and don't go for the expensive stuff! I'm more Trilogo Dengar rather than 12 back farmboy.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
My missus would of done her nut if she knew I'd bought 33 items from Vectis. No way she'd be believing me if I said the site wasn't working as the reason. I'd be looking at divorce :lol:

Or mine :lol:
luckily we were on the phone to each other at the time following the prototypes sales.
The "gasps" in that conversation :shock:
And then I found I couldn`t bid....but on the invoice I had.
Anybody know who bought them yet, ie a UK/USA collector, celebrity, or investor?
And if 1 person had them all?

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Richard_H said:
One went to a collector in the States who bid very high on another but stopped.

Thanks for the info Richard.
Such a shame to split them up , but I think I read originally there were 4 - and 1 sold privately?
Paul

maxf

Jedi Master
welshwookie said:
Richard_H said:
One went to a collector in the States who bid very high on another but stopped.

Thanks for the info Richard.
Such a shame to split them up , but I think I read originally there were 4 - and 1 sold privately?
Paul

More than 4. 7 I think... maybe 8.

olisuds

Sith Lord
I see the buyers premium through invaluable has gone up to 30%!

I'm a bit surprised at the postage costs for smaller items too. I bought a single loose figure for £60 and was charged £18 buyers premium and £10.15 for postage!

Lindo

Sith Lord
olisuds said:
I see the buyers premium through invaluable has gone up to 30%!

I'm a bit surprised at the postage costs for smaller items too. I bought a single loose figure for £60 and was charged £18 buyers premium and £10.15 for postage!
That's a bit steep for postage mate, I picked my wins up on Wed, drop me a line if you buy anything in future auctions mate and if I've won anything and go to collect I will happily pick items up for you and forward them

olisuds

Sith Lord
Thanks that's very kind of you. I was a bit surprised as it was close to what I paid to ship 2 MOCs a few months ago. They gave me an alternative of untracked for £7.30. What size box are they using :lol:

Vectisauctions

Youngling
Hi All,

I just wanted to hopefully respond to a few points -

The Vectis website is being updated currently, we are adding lots more information which should benefit everyone.

If anyone has any issues with the website or their accounts, please don't hesitate to get in touch and we will respond, we can only rectify something when we know it is an issue.

Invoices are sent out after the sale has finished within 1 day, postage is charged separately.
Vectis have a minimum postage charge, this is made up of the courier charges plus packing materials and time. Being a large organisation we can not charge per item as would selling single lots perhaps on ebay. We have a contract with several couriers to try and select the best way for different sizes and weight of items (and destination) to achieve the best price for you. Postage is not charged per lot so if one lot is £10.50, 5 lots is NOT £52.50 but may be £20 or £22 as completed on weight. The first lot sent will always include the minimum charge so the more items you send the cheaper it gets. There are other options to explore which have been mentioned -
1. Collection in person from Head Office- free
2. Collection at Oxford Office - free, but this does have to be requested and depends upon the 'shuttle' van, generally weekly sometimes more.
3. Collection at an exhibition - generally free but might be a charge for a large quantity, again needs to be pre-arranged.
4. Collection by third party - pre-arranged.
5. Pick up by a courier arranged by buyer. Looking at this facility, I would say you will find Vectis prices VERY good value compared to almost all the pick up couriers.

We have a team of packers, who work constantly to shipping items all over the world, several thousand per week. We do not like to rest on our laurels and do listen to suggestions from customers with regard to packaging, particularly Star Wars and Action Figures and we have altered this to hopefully improve things. We are working on a new packing system to try and optimise the procedure but would still like to hear any other feedback or suggestions you may have.

Bidding with Vectis is 5% cheaper than Invaluable.com :)

Please email me directly on [email protected] with any suggestions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom