Star Wars Vintage Collectors Day @ All The Cool Stuff

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Hey David,

Will someone be taking photos to document the day as I'm sure a lot of members that can't make it would love to see how it all goes down.

Cheers Ryan

airjedijamie

Jedi Knight
cool ive been invited to this and said i was going so it just a swop shop is it only vintage stuff or not because i got a few bits of gentle giant and side show just sittng around

David Tree

Jedi Master
Maulster79 said:
Are there any more updates for this?

Cheers

there's a logo :)

Farthest_From_LOGO_mini.jpg

actually working on releasing more of the details this week http://www.farthestfrom.com and will put updates here and also start to plug on other forum sites too.
Remember this is a kick-off for something to continue and build strength to strength as a platform for vintage, so if anyone has any feasible ideas or suggestions, then don't be afraid to say.

Dave

David Tree

Jedi Master
oh and can't remember if it has been mentioned here or not, but there will be a limited Farthest From trading card set to collect for the show, the first series will be 12 cards creating a composite image. Not all 12 cards will be available at the first show, but they will be available to collect through a variety of opportunities (ie. attendance of panel, participation in exhibit, contribution to event etc).

Christian

Jedi Master
The logo looks great Dave! Must get some information to you for the website ASAP.

Just a quick update that I will - along with a lots of vintage SW (Loose, MOC, Vehicles, Playsets...) - have various different MOC & loose figure acrylic cases as well as our new range of acrylic display steps (risers) for loose figures.

I look forward to meeting many fellow forumites and generally just having a bloody good laff!

Cheers,
Christian

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Love that logo Dave, very stricking!!

Not long to go now, cant wait for the 23rd to come. So long as someone has a Tri Logo Yoda for sale i'll be happy!!! :lol:

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Just booked time off work for this. Guess I'm coming. Really looking forward to meeting some of you guys after a year of these schnickles. :p

Is there places to stay or shall I bring a tent? Could always slice a tauntaun open.

David Tree

Jedi Master
Christian said:
The logo looks great Dave! Must get some information to you for the website ASAP.

Just a quick update that I will - along with a lots of vintage SW (Loose, MOC, Vehicles, Playsets...) - have various different MOC & loose figure acrylic cases as well as our new range of acrylic display steps (risers) for loose figures.

I look forward to meeting many fellow forumites and generally just having a bloody good laff!

Cheers,
Christian

defo as I've cobbled this together so far: http://www.allthecoolstuff.co.uk/FA...GW-Acrylic-Displays__c-p-0-0-249-255-258.aspx

give me a bell too if you get the chance, need to talk to you about the pop-up exhibit :)

David Tree

Jedi Master
Thanks for the good feedback on the logo guys :)

B&B wise, I can make a list of numbers etc if that helps folk?

In addition, any suggestions for the theme for the User-Contributed Exhibit? We need to pick a theme, but one that hopefully everyone can contribute to the better (plus means more people will get the trading card associated to contributing to it too - ooo did I give that one away?)

Dave

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Nice one Dave. How about the weird and wonderful as a theme?

People could bring items from their collections that are strange, bizarre, interesting curios. It might help spark up conversation and get a little more info. On items they may not have encountered before?

ODB

Jedi Master
David Tree said:
Thanks for the good feedback on the logo guys :)

B&B wise, I can make a list of numbers etc if that helps folk?

Dave

Ow ow, I know this one:

Theres The Crown on 01425 652 552
The Ship on 01425 654 371
A bit further out is the Augustus John on 01425 652 098
The posh one The Three Lions on 01425 652489

For ideas how about the toy I played with the most.

Jez

Sith Lord
David Tree said:
any suggestions for the theme for the User-Contributed Exhibit? We need to pick a theme, but one that hopefully everyone can contribute to the better

Dave

Caswellbot said:
Nice one Dave. How about the weird and wonderful as a theme?

People could bring items from their collections that are strange, bizarre, interesting curios. It might help spark up conversation and get a little more info. On items they may not have encountered before?

I like this idea, i like it a lot, but i fear that i and maybe others couldn't really contribute well, as i don't feel that i have anything really weird or wonderful.

Dave[/quote]

For ideas how about the toy I played with the most.[/quote]

Again, nice idea, i could contribute to this one.

How about the item i never had as a kid, but now i do have as a big kid!

Top Bottom