Star Wars Vintage Collectors Day @ All The Cool Stuff

itfciain

Grand Master
"How about the item i never had as a kid, but now i do have as a big kid!"

Big thumbs up for this - although I could be there all day as I have 100s more toys now thatn I did when I was a kid :(

Jez

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
"How about the item i never had as a kid, but now i do have as a big kid!"

Big thumbs up for this - although I could be there all day as I have 100s more toys now thatn I did when I was a kid :(

Simple "The item I always wanted as a kid, and now I'm a big kid I've finally got it"

Although we may just have a room full of AT ATs! That in itself would look cool though!.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
It sounds good to me. However seeing as I was born the year Jedi came out, I might have to erm wing it? :lol:

Jez

Sith Lord
Fair point Chris.

Maybe to give us diversity, what about "The item that means the most to me"

This could enable the earlier idea of "Weird & Wonderful" but add a variety of other sentimental stuff from beater Klaatu MOCs, grubby AT AT Commanders, various ships and vehicles to foreign stuff and prototypes.

Everyone can contribute, not just those over 35!

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
CharlieCharlie said:
Fair point Chris.

Maybe to give us diversity, what about "The item that means the most to me"

This could enable the earlier idea of "Weird & Wonderful" but add a variety of other sentimental stuff from beater Klaatu MOCs, grubby AT AT Commanders, various ships and vehicles to foreign stuff and prototypes.

Everyone can contribute, not just those over 35!

This sounds better to me as I agree with Chris, I was born in 1984. I could easily bring something that means the most to me, rather than something I had as a kid.

Christian

Jedi Master
I like the idea's for the display so far a lot.

Here's one, and this has a nod towards Dave's UK flavour re the Palitoy presentation, I've thought of: SW Items bought in the UK with UK price stickers still attached.

Dave - will call you later today mate.

Cheers,
Christian

Jez

Sith Lord
Hi Christian, another good idea, but does that rule out stuff not in packaging: Loose figures, Ships, Playsets and vehicles?

Unfortunately non of my MOCs have UK prices stickers, but having said that maybe i'll be buying one on the 23rd! :lol:

I'm still on the fence as to using a B&B or having an early start on Sunday.

David Tree

Jedi Master
revealed for the first time here, two exclusives for Farthest From.

First up, as part of an ongoing series, there will be a limited trading card set to collect. 12 cards in the first set (first four available at the first show), each trading card will be connected to Farthest From, either by sponsor or topic/ theme from a show. The rear of the trading card will form a larger picture when all 12 cards are placed together.

The first four cards will be available at the show on the 23rd and will be issued out at various points, or contribution to the show.
(200 sets total, image below is not final artwork)

FarthestFromTradingCardSet1-FAN.jpg

The second is a t-shirt available only at Farthest From and will be available for pre-order only in adult sizes of small, medium, large, XL, XXL for £15.00 each.
A slight twist on an old favourite:

PlayboyT-SHIRT.jpg

10 years down the line, you can prove you were there back in the day ;)

David Tree

Jedi Master
Maulster79 said:
Is the nearest train station 10 miles away?

Salisbury is the closest, but many folk may be coming by via Southampton, in which case Southampton Airport Parkway is faster.
X3 is the bus route from Salisbury to Fordingbridge.
Ringwood has a lot of National Express links too, which is about 4/5 miles from Fordingbridge....

.... there is a reason it was called Farthest From :lol:

I hope many fellow collectors will be able to help others out though :)

Lee77

Sith Lord
Looking forward to this Dave. It'll be nice to meet up with a few people from the boards.
I'm taking the work van so can pick up one person from a station or London and bring them.

timbo72

Sith Lord
Ok so i really wanna get to this. It is a fair hike down there from good old Grimsby (300 miles). Anyone else going from my part of the woods ??

Lee77

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
A van eh ? Hoping to buy a few bits and pieces !

:lol:

And Tim, you could train it to kings cross from Gy and I could pick you up from there and take you. Just a thought.

Top Bottom