The Bad Batch season 2

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Yep, I agree it was a good episode, although once again, I would have liked to have seen the Bad Batch in an episode of 'The Bad Batch'! :ROFLMAO:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Been very up and down as a series, but the last episode was superb. Crosshair's redemption, or is he not going to have the chance? This and the latest Mando on the same day- very happy!
I agree the last episode was really great (y)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
A very poor episode ('Pabu') this week, I thought. Boring and lacklustre. Not a good Wednesday for Star Wars with this and Mando episode 3, which was also a stinker :(

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
A huge improvement this week over last week's effort. The story really seems to be building towards an interesting season ender / cliff-hanger now, and I'm looking forward to it. It was also nice to see the band get back together again :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I agree a huge improvement this week. The new episode was really great (y) Maybe CROSSHAIR is beginning to be good :unsure:

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
The BB is frustrating - it could be amazing, yet so much of both seasons is given over to pointless filler stories that add nothing. When the BB focuses on the rise of the Empire and the impact on the Clones and their struggle within that new conflict it is great - it is focused, emotionally charged and exciting - Crosshair's journey is great and honest to the character and seeing how the Empire treats the clones themselves is truly horrific and so on brand and you can see Rex and others taking that fight on - but sadly to much time is dedicated to the BB playing galactic delivery boys for Cid (which thankfully has ended) - I would say half the episodes add nothing right now.

This show needs to bridge the gap between the Clone Wars and Rebels (both amazing shows) and we know it needs to take some characters to specific places (namely Rex) - but right now it isn't doing that and given what is going on over at the house of mouse right now, season 3 is by no means guaranteed

Visually It looks amazing, the animation is by far some of the best on TV today, I just wish the stories matched it. But at least this weeks episode was a cracker and sets up the last few episodes.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
The BB is frustrating - it could be amazing, yet so much of both seasons is given over to pointless filler stories that add nothing. When the BB focuses on the rise of the Empire and the impact on the Clones and their struggle within that new conflict it is great - it is focused, emotionally charged and exciting - Crosshair's journey is great and honest to the character and seeing how the Empire treats the clones themselves is truly horrific and so on brand and you can see Rex and others taking that fight on - but sadly to much time is dedicated to the BB playing galactic delivery boys for Cid (which thankfully has ended) - I would say half the episodes add nothing right now.

This show needs to bridge the gap between the Clone Wars and Rebels (both amazing shows) and we know it needs to take some characters to specific places (namely Rex) - but right now it isn't doing that and given what is going on over at the house of mouse right now, season 3 is by no means guaranteed

Visually It looks amazing, the animation is by far some of the best on TV today, I just wish the stories matched it. But at least this weeks episode was a cracker and sets up the last few episodes.
Totally agree! Too many stand alone filler episodes, but then I guess these are more aimed at kids.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Not a bad pair of episodes to round out the series with, plus a couple of cliffhangers to make us come back again next year (assuming it gets renewed). If only the entire second series had been like this.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I agree, it certainly picked up the pace towards the end of the run.
I enjoyed this and hope it returns for a new season.🤞

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
Yeah - the last three episodes really came good in the end and even the paradise lost episode had more impact when you know what the BB are going to give up.

The big problem now is, will there be a season 3.... with the cuts and refocusing over at the house of Mouse new Bob (who is really old Bob) could easily look at the BB, the viewing figures, reviews and then the cost per episode and it is goodbye BB?

I do hope it gets a third season (and final) and allows the writers to put Rex in the place we find him in Rebels (he is the glue between all the animation shows) and places the BB out of the way in a satisfying way, since they don't appear in Rebels - I also hope they get to exact revenge on Cid - who is frankly annoying and pathetic :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Loved this series, I think it's because I'm easy to please!
as with anything in life if you go into the granular detail you will always find detractors, but for me look at things in the whole, did I enjoy it for what it was…yes…do I want to see more … yes would I have been better off not watching it …no

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wow, loved every second of that episode.
In comparison, I'm 10 mins in to the latest episode of Mando and on my mob posting this because it's dross

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom