this has to hurt

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
Ah thats just crooked, some people eh? I had a few bad experiences as s seller on ebay back in the day while selling some(all,) of my vintage toys from childhood (Star Wars, He-Man, Thundercats etc.). Now i just buy the odd piece from time to time or use vectis.

I had no idea of the ToyToni saga until i joined the forum a few years back and stumbled across THAT thread. I think i spent a whole day reading it and looking into what had happened, it was quite the revelation!😖

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Ah thats just crooked, some people eh? I had a few bad experiences as s seller on ebay back in the day while selling some(all,) of my vintage toys from childhood (Star Wars, He-Man, Thundercats etc.). Now i just buy the odd piece from time to time or use vectis.

I had no idea of the ToyToni saga until i joined the forum a few years back and stumbled across THAT thread. I think i spent a whole day reading it and looking into what had happened, it was quite the revelation!😖
Quite !!🤬

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I started a loose figure run during COVID while WFH. Over the last 3 years im 12 short from the full set (no varients) all these missing figures are the last 17.

One of the biggest problems (not only the price) is making sure the figure and the accessories are genuine, can't think of anything worse than spashing out 200+ on a figure then it arriving with a repro blaster etc.
I hope you get the 12 you are missing. I agree nothing worse than to get a figure with repro stuff and get tricked. But I am sure if you find them on the forum then there will be no repro stuff with the figures :) Yes prices are much higher than they were in 2006. Then members talked about a full last 17 run for £500 now we talk £200 for a figure. But I guess Anakin is still the same price as in 2006 :unsure:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
What are the current prices for them? I completed my loose set in the early 2000's and so have never really looked into them since then. Some were ones I had since childhood and a few I'd picked up at carboot sales in the early 90's. So I was only looking a for a few and only for a short period. I imagine they are significantly more than back then. I have seen some scary prices!
The same here, I also completed a full run in the early 2000s. I hear from new and old collectors that prices are high on last 17 figures today. Crazy that prices has changed so much in this years, but I guess it is because more collect them and then prices go up.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
That`s why we decided to stop collecting loose, a seller on ebay was annoyed that we missed his auction, ( the days of not having internet in work and having to sneak home) and he decided to go through our purchase history and say a few had a repo blaster etc. - it was the way it was written, as he was having a dig more than being helpful.
And then we discovered Toy Toni, just before we stopped collecting :confused:
Well I still collect, but I do not buy so much more than I did before the dark times. It is not so much fun anymore when prices are so high and there is a lot of repro out there. But then again I also have a lot of stuff and there is no need to buy something I have. I still try to find childhood lots.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Well I still collect, but I do not buy so much more than I did before the dark times. It is not so much fun anymore when prices are so high and there is a lot of repro out there. But then again I also have a lot of stuff and there is no need to buy something I have. I still try to find childhood lots.
I doubt anybody really stops collecting completely. Once you achieve your goals, there`s always an upgrade to an item, or used sticker sheet to finish off a box set.
I`ve got 6 x12 backs to go, 5 x tri logo L17, and then fill the gaps, ideally on Rotj and Tri logo`s, but i`m not too fussy atm.
I doubt I would attempt 30 back, 41,45 .

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I doubt anybody really stops collecting completely. Once you achieve your goals, there`s always an upgrade to an item, or used sticker sheet to finish off a box set.
I`ve got 6 x12 backs to go, 5 x tri logo L17, and then fill the gaps, ideally on Rotj and Tri logo`s, but i`m not too fussy atm.
I doubt I would attempt 30 back, 41,45 .
I agree, there are always something you can upgrade :) I also miss many moc in my collection. But I think prices is to high on many moc so it is not as funny as it was in the early 2000s when you could find moc for 15 or 20 $ on ebay 😂

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Any idea about what a full run of last 17 cost today ? :unsure:
I suppose condition plays a large part of the price, and graded - but I've thought about each figure as £800 - some are less, some are more...
I've times that by 17 and got £13,600.
So what you under pay on some compensate the higher price on others... so perhaps £11,000 up for a set going higher for graded of 80 /85 ?
Or am I way out on a MOC set ?
Loose I have no idea.

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
I would imagine you're easily looking at over 2.5 grand for a mint/complete set.

I've seen the the R2 unit go for £400 upwards with the original lightsabre and nice decal.😲

Loose btw🤣 Moc i dare to imagine!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
So in 2006 we were talking about £500 for a full run of last 17 and today £2500 :oops: and on moc £11.000 :oops:

So prices has gone up x 5 since 2006 on last 17 as a loose set :oops:

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
So in 2006 we were talking about £500 for a full run of last 17 and today £2500 :oops: and on moc £11.000 :oops:

So prices has gone up x 5 since 2006 on last 17 as a loose set :oops:
Graded L17 figures seem to to for a good price on ebay and facebook. You can get lucky, but I get quite deflated, when I now see a figure cost more than a moc, from a few years ago.

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
Interesting notion, how much is a moc set of L17! I currently 12 of 17 on potf mocs! I would love to get them all, but I fear that a couple are now beyond me (Anakin & R2)

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Interesting notion, how much is a moc set of L17! I currently 12 of 17 on potf mocs! I would love to get them all, but I fear that a couple are now beyond me (Anakin & R2)
I could be way out on the price, but have seen a few for Over £400 mark. Some.graded are £600 ish, and.then the expensive yak ,luke stormtrooper and r2, Ev, Again condition on the bubbles is a factor and you pay more for a good bubble.
An 85 A wing went for £1400 plus fees on Vectis a year ago.

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
I had amanaman and han carbonite POTF Moc's back in the day (around 2007ish) but I sold them on ebay for what i beleive was around 70 quid each😖

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
The five I currently don't have are R2, A Wing Pilot , Imperial Gunner, Worak and Anakin 😞

I'd like to think A Wing Pilot, Imp Gunner and Worak are obtainable, but I don't think R2 is, and certainly not Anakin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom