this has to hurt

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
So why is the POTF version so expensive, i take it there wasn't many produced in the run on that particular cardback?

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
No idea what's rarer, however for me it was it was how it was packaged with the coin! Love PotF coins! That's what started me off on the coin journey

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
So why is the POTF version so expensive, i take it there wasn't many produced in the run on that particular cardback?
POTF Anakin was released in Australia and Canada (I think) only so those being smaller markets than US and Europe meant much fewer were produced. Same with Yak.

The fact it's such a **** figure you'd think there would be 1000's of them warming pegs in the 80's though

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Finished my loose in 1995. I have the prices memorised for loose complete:

A-Wing Pilot £22
Amanaman £25
Anakin Skywalker £8
Barada £18
Lando Calrissian (General Outfit) £25
EV-9D9 £18
Han Solo in Carbonite Chamber £18
Imperial Dignitary £8
Imperial Gunner £15
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise) £28
Luke Skywalker (Battle Poncho) £25
R2-D2 with pop-up Lightsaber £50
Romba £15
Warok £15
Yak Face £75

sith-smith

Grand Master
Those are interesting numbers Grant. If that's what the prices were in 95, that shows a huge jump from my early days of collecting around carboot sales. I was doing that in 92/93 and everything was for around 50p. Though I remember some carboot sellers had an idea on certain pieces such as Yak Face. I remember late 93 going to a CB sale and suddenly everything was several pounds and then nothing was available at all. I'm guessing that would have been the time when collecting started to really take off and knowledge on rarity/desirability and potential value became more widely known.

I do miss the carboot sales time. It was a simpler time

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah- a lot was picked up cheap or traded for electric guitars and video game consoles. This was the shop i visited every Saturday. Even those days the last piece was the pop up saber.

scooternick

Jedi Knight

A-Wing Pilot £22
Amanaman £25
Anakin Skywalker £8
Barada £18
EV-9D9 £18
Imperial Dignitary £8
Imperial Gunner £15
Romba £15
Warok £15
Yak Face £75
That seems steep for loose pop up R2 mid 90s? I picked up a really nice pop up trilogo MOC (1 of 3 being sold in a collectibles market stall in Cardiff) late 90s for £55. The stall holder was a genuine dealer (SW that is!).

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Interesting notion, how much is a moc set of L17! I currently 12 of 17 on potf mocs! I would love to get them all, but I fear that a couple are now beyond me (Anakin & R2)

Funny anakin is so expensive, since the figure has the same price as it did 20 years ago 🤣 but I guess the potf moc is rare so it is very expensive today :unsure:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I had amanaman and han carbonite POTF Moc's back in the day (around 2007ish) but I sold them on ebay for what i beleive was around 70 quid each😖
I also had amanaman on potf moc and one of the ewoks but I traded them away maybe 10 years ago for a jawa meccano moc and another moc that I do not remember what was :unsure:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
For Anakin? Alot I'd say, I think you could pick a tri logo up for £250-£300.
I am very surprised that a tri-logo anakin is so expensive today :oops:

POTF Anakin was released in Australia and Canada (I think) only so those being smaller markets than US and Europe meant much fewer were produced. Same with Yak.

The fact it's such a **** figure you'd think there would be 1000's of them warming pegs in the 80's though
I did not know that. I thought anakin potf also was sold in usa :oops: any idea why it was not sold in usa ? :unsure:

A-Wing Pilot £22
Amanaman £25
Anakin Skywalker £8
Barada £18
EV-9D9 £18
Imperial Dignitary £8
Imperial Gunner £15
Romba £15
Warok £15
Yak Face £75

Wow Grant, that is some fantastic information. Cool that you still have the price list from 1995 (y)

I can see anakin are nearly the same price today :ROFLMAO:

lejackal

Grand Master
Trilogo Anakin can still be had under £100. Minty mint might be over 200 but good luck finding one

Latest posts

Top Bottom