• The Tri-Pod Laser Cannon are okay, nothing special

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate the Tri-Pod Laser Cannon , it should never have been made

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fitzy

Jedi Knight
Don't know if these photos are interesting to you guys. Think I posted similar way back when. Haven't really done much collecting in recent years but got a bit more time now and going through the cupboards.

IMG_20240618_204634998_HDR (1024x771).jpg

IMG_20240618_204742109_HDR (1024x771).jpg

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Thanks rob for sharing your MISB Tripod. It looks fantastic, It has been a long time since I have seen a MISB. Do you have a MISB focus ?
No I've not really gone after any deliberately. I just bought a Trippd Laser Cannon and Radar Laser Cannon sealed some years ago. I remember a time when there were lots for sale, people had shipping cartons full of them! Unfortunately the tape has perished/split so they're not technically sealed anymore but they are/were when I got them.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
So the hose on mine i can squeeze together and it fits perfectly into the bottom of the canon.

I noticed these toys arent stamped like most of the other mini rigs apart from a code inside the 'ammo' box and one on the underside of the main gun.

Has the plastic just become hard overtime? I've never heard of a repro hose for this toy🤔
Maybe, I have no idea. But it not a part of the hose but the whole hose that fells diffrent, much harder than the others I have. It is also not as good to display with when you put the cannon together, Because the plastic are much harder. The power unit cannot always touch the table or the floor :rolleyes:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I wouldn't have thought it would be a repro given when you bought it and how much that piece was worth back then. That said, I have no idea if it's a genuine variant either or perhaps just degraded plastic? :unsure:

Jeremy
Yes maybe just degraded plastic, maybe they used bad plastic for this one, but then they shouls used bad plastic for a lot of them before they changed to better plastic in production :unsure:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Don't know if these photos are interesting to you guys. Think I posted similar way back when. Haven't really done much collecting in recent years but got a bit more time now and going through the cupboards.

Awesome, thanks for sharing your collection in the thread (y) Are they all MISB and are there 45 of them in the box ? will you try to get the final 3 to complete the box ?

I don't think I have ever seen so many Tri-pod laser cannons in boxes on one picture before, it looks really cool :cool:

Pomse2001

Grand Master

Awesome, thanks for sharing your collection in the thread (y) Are they all MISB and are there
No I've not really gone after any deliberately. I just bought a Trippd Laser Cannon and Radar Laser Cannon sealed some years ago. I remember a time when there were lots for sale, people had shipping cartons full of them! Unfortunately the tape has perished/split so they're not technically sealed anymore but they are/were when I got them.

The same here I also have a few MISB in my collection that I got years ago, I guess it was maybe because the price was the same then in the 00 than a nice open one. But I miss to get the toy out and look at it. So I have been thinking about selling them and buy open boxes so I can see the toy :unsure:

Cool that you have seen cartons of them, I do not remember I have seen it before today :) Sorry to read the tape split :(

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
Maybe, I have no idea. But it not a part of the hose but the whole hose that fells diffrent, much harder than the others I have. It is also not as good to display with when you put the cannon together, Because the plastic are much harder. The power unit cannot always touch the table or the floor :rolleyes:
Oh thats not good, i imagine its degraded then and gone hard over time.🤔

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Oh thats not good, i imagine its degraded then and gone hard over time.🤔
Very good question, I have no idea, I had hoped maybe other members had one and knew more than me, but maybe degraded or production error of bad plastic or just a more rare hose variant :unsure: but if it is a variant then what box variant could it have come from :unsure:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
My childhood tripod cannon, picked up a cheapo box to go with it lol - taking the pic reminds me that I still need to replace the missing power hose 😁 🙈

View attachment 190185
Well done for still having your childhood one! I wish I still had my childhood toys, but they were disposed of decades ago! :(

Thanks for sharing yours :)

Jeremy

Latest posts

Top Bottom