UK Graders Announcement

itfciain

Grand Master
I'm kind of in the 'well done, but this should've happened years ago' camp'- on one hand it is great news that no future carded or Baggie figures will be destroyed ... But what about all those that were just to get that silly little 'U'

Still I guess we can chalk this down as another victory against Ugrading so well done to all those who have campaigned so hard against it

finestcomics

Padawan
ukgraders said:
Hi everyone

We would like to just inform everybody that UK Graders will no longer be U grading Vintage carded figures or Baggies.
I know we did have rules when it came to U grading items anyway, so it is time to make the decision to stop U grading, However we will still U grade modern items due to mass production and we will also U grade Mailers i.e plain white box mailers and Brown Sears Mailers ect but the baggies inside will not be U graded.
This is with immediate effect on any orders being placed from 27-02-2015 but we will honour any orders that we currently have in for grading if they meet the criteria.

Could people please share this information with other forums.

Steve.

Thank Steve! This is great news. I for one wanted to make a point of expressing how accessible you have been to my questions/concerns in the past. I really believe you and UKG fully understand how important it is to have a human touch point to your service, and believe this will lead to your business reaping the benefits that come with listening and learning by community example and feedback.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
That is fantastic news Steve, absolutely great to see UKG putting the SW collecting community before money - says alot about you and your company

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
itfciain said:
I'm kind of in the 'well done, but this should've happened years ago' camp'- on one hand it is great news that no future carded or Baggie figures will be destroyed ... But what about all those that were just to get that silly little 'U'

Yeah, my thoughts an all. Though I would have said "should never have started".

itfciain

Grand Master
weasel said:
itfciain said:

True - and I wonder how much if this is being done for the preservation of the hobby and how much because there is a lot of anti-u feeling at the moment and therefore a prime opportunity to get one over on a business rival

Still end result is a good one whatever the motive

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
weasel said:
itfciain said:

True - and I wonder how much if this is being done for the preservation of the hobby and how much because there is a lot of anti-u feeling at the moment and therefore a prime opportunity to get one over on a business rival

Still end result is a good one whatever the motive

I think Steve saw which way the wind is blowing on this practice and chose to change policy before any more
reputational damage was done to his company.

Oh, and it's the right thing to do!

:)

Jason

itfciain

Grand Master
Looks like the news is spreading around FB like wildfire

[youtube]n4RjJKxsamQ[/youtube]

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
It's certainly more reasonable to say keep mailers sealed if they still are, the contents are only worth £30-20 quid.
But take the case of the Palitoy shipping case of 48. The contents are worth £100k+. You will never realise the market
value keeping it sealed.

The other thing to remember is that AFA/UKG have been giving u-grades to mailers and MOCs from shipping cases for
a long time. The u-grading of loose figures from baggies and beaters is a more recent thing. So we're just returning the status quo to how it was before that.

Jason

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Some great news to wake up to. I always thought this would have been a good way for UKG to differentiate themselves from AFA.

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
Well done Steve. A very brave decision financially, but what you lose in not U grading you will make up in other orders I'm sure. Any business that puts customers wishes above their own financial gain won't be forgotten.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Fishtalk said:
Well done Steve. A very brave decision financially, but what you lose in not U grading you will make up in other orders I'm sure. Any business that puts customers wishes above their own financial gain won't be forgotten.

Great post

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
itfciain said:
I wonder how much if this is being done for the preservation of the hobby and how much because there is a lot of anti-u feeling at the moment and therefore a prime opportunity to get one over on a business rival

100% the second one!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
ukgraders said:
Hi everyone

We would like to just inform everybody that UK Graders will no longer be U grading Vintage carded figures or Baggies.
I know we did have rules when it came to U grading items anyway, so it is time to make the decision to stop U grading, However we will still U grade modern items due to mass production and we will also U grade Mailers i.e plain white box mailers and Brown Sears Mailers ect but the baggies inside will not be U graded.
This is with immediate effect on any orders being placed from 27-02-2015 but we will honour any orders that we currently have in for grading if they meet the criteria.

Steve.

Someone get this forum a LIKE button!

Joe

Grand Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
ukgraders said:
Hi everyone

Steve.

No! If we had a like button nobody would actually take the time to reply to anything :lol:

PGowdy

Grand Master
Joe said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
ukgraders said:
Hi everyone

Steve.

No! If we had a like button nobody would actually take the time to reply to anything :lol:

We should have a vote on that too. I think we definitely ought to introduce a "like" button option. Adds a new element to the forum and actually makes people more likely to post something imo. 8)

Joe

Grand Master
I've seen the opposite happen on RS and on my little forum Pete. At first I thought it was a cool feature but then again even if I "like" something I tend to post too, many other people just hit the like and move along though.

I quite often see some of the "regular" names in the "like" section of peoples threads and posts on RS but rarely see replies from them.

I think it makes people lazy tbh and SWF is way more active than other forums of late because we don't have that feature IMO - just my observation though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom