UK Graders Announcement

PGowdy

Grand Master
Joe said:
I've seen the opposite happen on RS and on my little forum Pete. At first I thought it was a cool feature but then again even if I "like" something I tend to post too, many other people just hit the like and move along though.

I quite often see some of the "regular" names in the "like" section of peoples threads and posts on RS but rarely see replies from them.

I think it makes people lazy tbh and SWF is way more active than other forums of late because we don't have that feature IMO - just my observation though.

Oh, really? See, i wouldn't have thought that. I couldn't imagine anyone not making a post they were gonna make. I would use it to "like" posts i have nothing to add to and would never have replied to just so the person knows i think it was a good post. But then i'm not the norm. Proudly, far from it. :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
I think it mostly stems from FB. On FB, if you can't be arsed to say something about someones picture or haven't got the time to then a "like" suffices (guilty myself sometimes).

As time goes on more and more people tend to just hit the like button for convenience on forums though and think that's enough. If people aren't arguing on RS then it's dead most of the time and when someone does post something nice you get 35 likes and 10 replies :lol:

PGowdy

Grand Master
Joe said:
I think it mostly stems from FB. On FB, if you can't be arsed to say something about someones picture or haven't got the time to then a "like" suffices (guilty myself sometimes).

As time goes on more and more people tend to just hit the like button for convenience on forums though and think that's enough. If people aren't arguing on RS then it's dead most of the time and when someone does post something nice you get 35 likes and 10 replies :lol:

Then i bow to your better judgement on this one. I wouldn't want to introduce anything that results in people not bothering to post.

Joe

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
Joe said:

Then i bow to your better judgement on this one. I wouldn't want to introduce anything that results in people not bothering to post.

It's weird that this was brought up actually, the other day I meant to tell Edd I thought it wasn't a good idea as I'd noticed on RS it had kind of killed all conversation! I'm sure the FB groups has contributed too but yeah I think the like button on a forum isn't the best idea and I really like the fact that people take the time to reply to topics here.

bobbybobs

Padawan
Well done UKG! I have to say that you guys on SWFUK never even bothered debating the virtues of the u-grade. It has always been taboo here and I applaud you all for that. Let's get AFA now! Not holding my breath....

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
Awesome news :D i have always put UKG above AFA and this seals it for me,well done Steve
this is a step in right direction for stopping this practice,we just need AFA to follow

ukgraders

Padawan
Just wanted to add some points to what we originally said as I know there are questions on RS and on here.

It was mentioned on RS that would we just not be giving the U grade on the sticker but still be opening up items and grading them?.

The answer to that is NO, no items will be removed from cards baggies boxes ect by us any more regardless of condition it will be refused.

Another point was were we doing this under pressure and to get one over a rival.

No, ask anybody that knows me or my opinions on U grading, I have always disliked U grading since day 1 and I have always stated this to people and even advised people and customers against it via email with certain items and face to face, remember I am a collector of vintage toys and merchandise just like everybody on here but it was seen as a part of the business when we first started.
Some items would come in and the bubbles are at point of the figure nearly being able to come out and to be honest items like this were not a problem because we would see them as items that are just going to get worse and eventually the figures will pop out of the bubble or burst out in the post.

Did you stop U grading under pressure from Collectors?.

In a way the answer to this is yes and no, the growing number of people that are concerned over U grading did add pressure to make the decision.
As you may well imagine I was worried about stopping doing it due to customers and the actual effect it may have on the business as you can probably appreciate but it was just something that had to be done.

The ban is on all vintage items regardless if they are Star Wars toys or any other toy lines.
I have stated on our site we will still U grade modern items and we have set a date of 1991 onwards due to being mass produced and anything from 90's onwards people do not seem to have any issues with due to the numbers produced.

Steve

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Really great news and so just the right thing to do :D
Just one thing; will u still U grade carded figures sealed vehicles/playsets if taken from a sealed factory case?

ukgraders

Padawan
palitoyjunky said:
Really great news and so just the right thing to do :D
Just one thing; will u still U grade carded figures sealed vehicles/playsets if taken from a sealed factory case?

Might be worth casting a vote on this as we have only ever had 1 vintage case of INT-4's in, and we will go with the majority's opinions for shipping cases but I think we know with things like that there are a lot of mixed feelings still.

Steve

theslider

Sith Lord
A great step in the right direction. If only the morons at AFA would follow suit, but they won't. Because they're morons.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Best news I've heard since finding out their's going to be a new Star Wars film. A brave stance to take Steve but the correct one in the long run for your business I'm sure. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom