Vectis Beeches Auction 21/10/15

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Currently sat patiently lurking / watching the latest Beeches auction at Vectis (online).

Ive just had to go and have a lie down in a dark room after watching the shelf talkers and Speeder Bike shipping cases sell!!!! Shelf talkers going around £200 each, is this normal? I admit I know nothing about this side of things.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I had a go at a few of the shelf talkers but I must admit they took me by surprise. I was expecting them to go for about £100-£120 plus commission for each and maybe £450 for the set of three, but that was only what I believed they were worth to me rather than empirical evidence!

I finally bagged something from a Beeches sale, though! I got a very nice Tri-logo Yoda for £110 + charges. Am very pleased with that as I had believed it was much more expensive than that and even when Ben showed me the error of my ways I was still looking at a couple of hundred pounds. So if I didn't mention it, I'm rather pleased :D

I was underbidder on one of the boxed speeder bike lots. I know I had said "just a brown box" before but it was going for a hell of a lot less than the previous case and having watched the last ones sell I think I appreciated more what it represented. And the fact it has come from Frank's shop raised it's meaning to me. Still, a part of me sighed with relief when my bid as topped!

So, disappointed not to win a shelf talker but happy to have the lil green fella come and join my Tri-logos.

yes mate last ones I had sold for £250 each! because they are unused and palitoy
plus the fact kenner ones have gone up in price. the toys are here one would have
made loads more if sold separate so someone got a good deal on the sets of 3.

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
The Yodas were nice.... I was waiting hoping that the third one would go for less than the others, unfortunately not.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
On the subject of the shelf talkers I was watching in amazement at the prices....
I scrolled down on my phone on lot 4142 and pressed bid by mistake :oops:
Not sure if I won item or not....but only consolation being that at a hammer price of £190, I think it was the cheapest of the lot.
Oh well, if I did end up with it it will look good on my ESB MOC's display.

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I did the same yesterday Lee on a Chewy 12b at £850.00, it sold for loads more than that eventually but I did have to go and put clean underwear on after!!!

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
Lee Gregory said:
On the subject of the shelf talkers I was watching in amazement at the prices....
Not sure if I won item or not....but only consolation being that at a hammer price of £190, I think it was the cheapest of the lot.

I reckon you did ok Lee, you'll be please with it on display.
The "Toys are here" was great to see, hadn't seen one for sale in a long time.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
The Speeders sold for £1300 and £1500. The cheaper had a puncture to the top of the sealed case.

I guess the groups of three talkers represented the best value and although I was tempted it's not where I'm at with my collection. Still need to keep money for MOCs and loose before looking at displays. Very cool to see the two sets of 3, though. They'll look awesome for someone. Hopefully someone here picked up a set.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Yeah, £200 plus for shelf talkers is where we're at now, like Mark (Currymonster) mentioned. They're getting harder to source these days as most remain in collections as they're superb display items.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
theguiltyone said:
Lee Gregory said:

Thanks Marc, just wasn't that bothered about bidding on one, I'm sure it will look great on display and can't see many others surfacing anytime soon, as I'm guessing today's lots will be locked away in private collections.

kieatky

Jedi Master
I watched those Shelf Talkers in amazement :eek: . Was very tempted to bid but was saving myself for the AT AT (didn't get anywhere near the sale price on the bad boy though :oops: ).

Dose anyone know if there's gonna be anymore Beaches auctions? It seamed a little strange that they had so many ESB Shelf Talkers when most of the stock that has come from the shop has been in Jedi packaging. Maybe they've still got a load of Jedi Talkers still to sell, now that would be something I'd be more than happy to bid on :D

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
kieatky said:
I watched those Shelf Talkers in amazement :eek: . Was very tempted to bid but was saving myself for the AT AT (didn't get anywhere near the sale price on the bad boy though :oops: ).

Dose anyone know if there's gonna be anymore Beaches auctions? It seamed a little strange that they had so many ESB Shelf Talkers when most of the stock that has come from the shop has been in Jedi packaging. Maybe they've still got a load of Jedi Talkers still to sell, now that would be something I'd be more than happy to bid on :D

I had visions of the AT AT achieving a much greater figure based on the sealed Falcons that had previously sold through the sales.

kieatky said:

I have always found the esb talkers easy to find the jedi ones seem to be lower in numbers!

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
theguiltyone said:
Lee Gregory said:

Good to hear Marc/Lee :D I won lot 4143 which was the other £190 hammer price one :!: My mate has v kindly picked it up for me as he was there bidding and won the last one at £200.
Apparently mine is in better condition than his :D

V honest chap my mate :lol:

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
kieatky said:

Well apparently there r a few more talkers to come :!: That is what Vectis told me and from the same Beaches source. I don't know if they r Empire or Jedi but apparently the condition isn't great so no unused etc.

I was also told these talkers including the just sold ones were rescued from the bin
:lol: :lol:

kieatky

Jedi Master
palitoyjunky said:
kieatky said:

Well apparently there r a few more talkers to come :!: That is what Vectis told me and from the same Beaches source. I don't know if they r Empire or Jedi but apparently the condition isn't great so no unused etc.

I was also told these talkers including the just sold ones were rescued from the bin
:lol: :lol:

Yeah I shudder to think how many vintage Star Wars items have been binned over the years, if people only knew what we do now :( :( :(

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
When we closed the Toy Shop we ditched around 50 ROTJ shelf talkers - makes me feel slightly sick now. I bet Beeches had a ton more than that, the Palitoy reps handed them out like crazy.

There's a load more Beeches stuff for sale. No idea about shelf talkers, but I'm betting we see more. We'll probably see quality drop abit looking at how everything was stored, but they had so much stuff they've got to have loads of all the lines left.

It's pretty stunning how much unused stock Beeches had. if the owners had known the value and had the motivation to market it properly themselves, the shop would still be going strong as a collectables type store, rather than a modern toy store. Shocking really.

lejackal

Grand Master
I think I'm going to have to make a concerted effort to at least buy something from one of these sales just to have something from the find. There really can't be many, if any, of these hauls still to find.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom