Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bespinlover1978

Padawan
From just nosing around I can see this forum is brill - so much great information. I genuinely thought I knew a lot of stuff until I read through this forum!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
bespinlover1978 said:
From just nosing around I can see this forum is brill - so much great information. I genuinely thought I knew a lot of stuff until I read through this forum!

I think most of us learn something new every day on this forum, glad you can use all the great information on this great forum :wink:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
bespinlover1978 said:

I think most of us learn something new every day on this forum, glad you can use all the great information on this great forum :wink:

Welcome all new guys. :) I thought I new a bit until I joined this forum, so much information and if you ask a genuine question someone will give you an answer.

Jez

Sith Lord
Welcome Chris and Tom, you've taken your first step into a larger world!

Capttang

Youngling
Hi all, I'm Ben and can't believe it's taken me this long to find this place! I'm a huge fan as most boys from the 80's are! OT for me all day long and just trying to get my two year old boy into Star Wars, so far it's working...we've avoided the PT so far :D . I still have some toys from my childhood though it pains me to think most ended up going to charity years ago...not my choice :( . I love the video games and am giddy with excitement over the new Battlefront game...buying a PS4 Monday especially! Anyway that's me. Looking forward to getting to know this place.

winnebago88

Padawan
Hi Everybody,

Just found this site after deciding to start collecting the vintage figures :D

I originally got into SW after an uncle introduced me when they rereleased the original trilogy. I had loads of figures and vehicles/playsets as a kid but have no idea where they ended up.

All the hype around TFA has me getting really back into it all again and now having the funds (kind of) and space I think its a good time to start collecting. Ive decided to start by trying to get as many ROTJ carded figures as i can as this has always been my favourite SW movie. My collection started with a carded Ree Yees I picked up the other day and am also picking up B wing pilot, Bib Fortuna and General Madine tomorrow.

Looking forward to spending time on the forum :D

Cheers

Joe

Markzane

Padawan
Hello everyone

Very glad to have found this place- with a gap of 32 years, I have some catching up to do with my vintage Star Wars collection! Anyway my first figure was Hammerhead in 1979 and I stopped collecting in 1983, kept the figures and weapons, but unfortunately sold the vehicles and play sets 10 years ago.

So, this started off again by my guilt leading me to re-buy a vintage AT AT walker earlier this year, and the rest has snowballed from there. Having caught up on the main figures from '83-'85, the variant bug has now bitten and this collecting does not look like stopping any time soon. Plus my nearly 3 year old daughter loves vintage Star Wars figures, so we have a second, slightly played with collection too, and this gives me a good enough excuse to keep collecting!

I'm mainly here for some advice, as my knowledge on this isn't too good, and to hopefully find some new figures, as for this perfectionist collector, buying online seems to be so hit and miss!

Thank, Mark

TEEBO1979

Padawan
Hello
Sorry I have been a member for a few weeks now and have not introduced my self.
As I was born in the middle of the original movies I did not collect the toys until the last few years of production and my only memory of buying a figure was from my local newsagent and I bought the same reduce one every weekend with my pocket money (50p) Teebo hence to obsession.
After giving away my collection (apart from one of my beloved Teebo figures) I start collecting again in 2004 amassing a sizeable collection of boxed and AFA vintage toys ranging from 12Backs to POTF. A wedding and my first house ment the regrettable sale of this collection.
So to today. A couple of months ago my interest has become rekindled (proberly due to the new movie) and I picked up a boxed Ewok village locally. I am now enjoying getting back in to the hobby and looking forward to a retro Xmas.
Thanks Paul

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Welcome paul to the forum, we have a lot of members here who love teebo and ewoks :mrgreen: glad to see you are back in the hobby :wink:

Joe

Grand Master
Welcome to all new members, hope you enjoy the forum. If you have any questions about vintage then Weasel is your man, fountain of knowledge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom