Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEEBO1979

Padawan
In reply to the question about how many Teebo figures? Not that many only about 7 or 8.
All that was left in stock same it took me 31 years to buy an Ewok Village ( which was my Birthday Present last week). Better late than never.

andygo

Padawan
Hi All,

Just thought I'd say hi as I've recently joined back up here. I'm a long term collector (from childhood in the 70's and back in the old glorious Cheshunt fairs days !!) and have been on here before I think, ages ago, along with a bunch of other forums I used to be on but kinda drifted out of after getting more involved in the prop side of things for a few years.

A lot of you probably know or have seen me about, I'm a friend of Gus, Brandon, Darren Simpson, Steve Lane, etc. and you may have seen me hosting the prop panel at the last celebration in London….. or you may recognise me from the 'Bernie Clifton' style Taun-Taun I used to run around in after a few beers !!! :D

tt.jpg

It's been nice to come back to the toy side of things and fill in a few slots that were missing from my vintage collection without having to re-mortgage the house which is the direction the prop side of things is going !!

Look forward to joining in the fun,
Cheers,
Andy

Stormtrooper88

Padawan
Hello everyone. I am not a Star Wars collector at the moment. I actually have a massive collection of football (soccer) trading cards, about 36000 at the last count, but I am looking into collecting something else alongside these and as Star Wars figures were my favourite toys as a kid, I thought why not have a small collections of these. I live in Weymouth, deliver top of the range bedroom furniture for a living, listen to Punk and Ska music, watch live bands when any can be bothered to visit this little seaside town, drink occasionally and don't take drugs anymore. I support Arsenal FC.

bonglee23

Hi all,

my name is Steve, I'm from Munich, Germany.
I'm 40 years old and have been collecting for the last 22-23 years, with varying intensity.
After selling my childhood collection when I was 16 to fund a motor bike (which of course I never got), I got back into collecting just a few years later, as soon as I had my drivers license and could drive to local toy shows.
After 1995, I fell into the dreaded POTF2 trap, which was of course a big black money-sucking hole, but it introduced me to the internet and ebay.
In the last years, I have mainly been focusing on Tri Logos and have built up a nice collection which I will share with you in a short while (currently busy redecorating and rearranging my collection room). Therefore, just a few older pics.
I am mostly active on the German forum lichtgeschwindigkeit.de, and on a couple of Facebook groups, where I go by my real name Steve Karnoll.

I'm looking forward to chatting and learning some new stuff, meeting old and new collectors and friends.

Cheers,
Steve

DSC04608_zps3478b29f.jpg

DSC04629_zps0c9a1723.jpg

DSC04638_zpsb200317f.jpg

DSC04601_zps0ac56ff5.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Welcome guys and great introductions! Hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

Wow, nice collection, Steve. You know the day has already got as good as it's going to get when you see a Luke Farmboy and an ERG Trilogo before work :)

Jez

Sith Lord
Welcome Ben, Joe, Mark, Paul, Andy & Steve.
It matters not who you are or what you have you are all welcome. Feel free to contribute as much as you can or just sit back and absorb all of the information. It's great to have you all on board.
Welcome to SWFUK; you've taken your first step into a larger world!

Leigh77-85

Padawan
Hi

My name is Leigh Age 43 and new to this site.

I have been collecting for about 2 years and am totally addicted.

I generally collect loose figures and MISB and MOC Last 17 items.

Don't really have any specific focus yet but think I should get one as it is too expensive and never ending

I am hoping to learn more about vintage 77 - 85 collecting and hopefully bring something to the site.

Thanks

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Hi thought I'd better introduce myself after 10 posts, my names Matt, been a collector since 1980-85 then 92 onwards, luckily as mentioned before, I managed to hold on to my childhood collection and most of my figs were in pretty good nick, and amazingly still had most of the weapons to. I have the usual ships etc from childhood and boxes not to bad either. All missing the mail-a-ways as was always sending off for figs an weapons. Never knew about the last 17 and even missed buying them in the 90's at boot sales as didn't know they were star wars, (would have only been 50p each back then :eek: ).
Never paid much for anything most collecting done at boot sales over the year's just for fun, still find the odd jem even now. Luv the relaxed atmosphere of the forum, normally chirp in when memories are stirred by subjects, seems like there is always something interesting going on, on the boards. :)

Jez

Sith Lord
Welcome Leigh & Matt. Thanks for stopping by. Please take off your coat and hang around.
You'll like it here, you've taken your first step into a larger world.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
andygo said:
Hi All,

Just thought I'd say hi as I've recently joined back up here. I'm a long term collector (from childhood in the 70's and back in the old glorious Cheshunt fairs days !!) and have been on here before I think, ages ago, along with a bunch of other forums I used to be on but kinda drifted out of after getting more involved in the prop side of things for a few years.

A lot of you probably know or have seen me about, I'm a friend of Gus, Brandon, Darren Simpson, Steve Lane, etc. and you may have seen me hosting the prop panel at the last celebration in London….. or you may recognise me from the 'Bernie Clifton' style Taun-Taun I used to run around in after a few beers !!! :D

It's been nice to come back to the toy side of things and fill in a few slots that were missing from my vintage collection without having to re-mortgage the house which is the direction the prop side of things is going !!

Look forward to joining in the fun,
Cheers,
Andy

Welcome to the forum andy, cool tauntaun :D

Stormtrooper88 said:
Hello everyone. I am not a Star Wars collector at the moment. I actually have a massive collection of football (soccer) trading cards, about 36000 at the last count, but I am looking into collecting something else alongside these and as Star Wars figures were my favourite toys as a kid, I thought why not have a small collections of these. I live in Weymouth, deliver top of the range bedroom furniture for a living, listen to Punk and Ska music, watch live bands when any can be bothered to visit this little seaside town, drink occasionally and don't take drugs anymore. I support Arsenal FC.

Welcome to the forum Stormtrooper88 :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
bonglee23 said:
Hi all,

my name is Steve, I'm from Munich, Germany.
I'm 40 years old and have been collecting for the last 22-23 years, with varying intensity.
After selling my childhood collection when I was 16 to fund a motor bike (which of course I never got), I got back into collecting just a few years later, as soon as I had my drivers license and could drive to local toy shows.
After 1995, I fell into the dreaded POTF2 trap, which was of course a big black money-sucking hole, but it introduced me to the internet and ebay.
In the last years, I have mainly been focusing on Tri Logos and have built up a nice collection which I will share with you in a short while (currently busy redecorating and rearranging my collection room). Therefore, just a few older pics.
I am mostly active on the German forum lichtgeschwindigkeit.de, and on a couple of Facebook groups, where I go by my real name Steve Karnoll.

I'm looking forward to chatting and learning some new stuff, meeting old and new collectors and friends.

Cheers,
Steve

Welcome Steve to the forum, awesome collection you have and I love how you display it, wish I had that kind of space to display my collection :D

Leigh77-85 said:
Hi

My name is Leigh Age 43 and new to this site.

I have been collecting for about 2 years and am totally addicted.

I generally collect loose figures and MISB and MOC Last 17 items.

Don't really have any specific focus yet but think I should get one as it is too expensive and never ending

I am hoping to learn more about vintage 77 - 85 collecting and hopefully bring something to the site.

Thanks

Welcome Leigh to the forum :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom