Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clairepeff

Hi I am claire, I have found a huge box of original star wars toys in my garage and thought you all my help and advise how and where to sell them. Thanks for letting me join
Claire

Jez

Sith Lord
Lots of new guys joining in the last month, which is great to see!
Welcome to Dave, Tudor, James, Tobedesu (Kev), Bwarrp (Laurence), Bunglebubs, RBT84 (Rob), Spaceviking, Binbrook74 (Darren), DorsetMark, Markobucko, Darth Vader, Gaders (Adam), Mikesavage1984, and Claire
Welcome back cocofstar.
You've all taken your first step into a larger world!

It's Luke

Youngling
Hey I'm Luke
I'm 26 and from Wales, I have no idea regarding collecting as I haven't got anything Starwars related but from what I've seen I'd like to go down the route and collect carded figures mainly and see what I come across, also I'm going to Seattle this year and there a few vintage toy shops in the area so I may bring some stuff back :)

Jez

Sith Lord
Welcome It's Luke. You've come to the right place to learn about Vintage SW. It's cool to see everyones collecting habits grow. I came on here a few years back collecting loose, then i got into carded. Now is an expensive time to join the hobby, but this might be a temporary thing. There are still bargains to be had, and the sales threads on this forum are always good.
Best of luck. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

Armand78

Padawan
Hi, I am from the UK and I have been collecting Star Wars figures on and off since about 1983 (when I was 5). I have an almost complete loose set, a few more to go, but I would really like to get into carded figures.

The trouble is there seems to be so many pitfalls so I thought I could join this forum and get some tips from you guys and of course share my collecting experiences with you too.

Apart from the dreaded eBay , I have seen the hothiceplanet site and I have also seen the U.S. DallasVintageToys. I would prefer to buy from collectors as I don't have enough experience to buy on eBay. Does anyone have any experience of the above sites, or any other dealer sites they could recommend?

If anyone has any questions about my collection I would be happy to answer and share pics.

I'll keep an eye on the site and for any sales going on and if anyone has any carded figures they want to sell then I might be interested.

I am also using the Star Wars Tracker site to monitor the prices of figures. Not sure how accurate that is but it seems pretty useful.

Hope to talk to you all soon.

Regards,

AJ.

BA-Sith-Lord

Youngling
Evening all,

Everyone calls me BA due to my love of the A-team (Although, I am white and ginger)

I'm a bit of an addict for not only vintage SW, but also everything else in-between! MOTU, Thundercats, Ghostbusters, TMNT, etc.
I've been collecting for a number of years, but I'm starting to relax a bit more due to ridiculous prices at the moment :(
So if no one mines, I will try and get stuck in around here as much as possible - Hopefully I will learn a few new things and pass on a few things I know.

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
Hi there,
my real-name is Stefan, 39, and I'm from Germany/Cologne.
I've been collecting since 1994 with a lot ups and downs. Now, after I sold most of my (MOC and boxed) vintage items two years ago (to collect loose neo-stuff), I'm again more and more in vintage-items.
Since 10 year I#m really active in the german Star Wars action-figure-forum lichtgeschwindigkeit.de which seems to have many similarities to swf.uk (same nick, means sth. like plastic-hero).
In my online diary condition10.de, I write down my thoughts and "adventures" about collecting Action-Figures in general.
I have a focus on Chief Chirpa - but I also like Landspeeders and cardbacks.
I'm looking forward to find (and maybe give) some news and informations in this forum and likely to sell, trade or buy stuff.
Cheers!

Born Too Late

Youngling
Hi everybody

I'm Wes, living in south Essex. I recently found you guys after googling display cabinets to put my loose figures in. My goal, at least for now, is to own a complete set of original, loose figures. I've got about 40 complete figures plus another dozen incomplete/duplicates and some large ships, all owned from new. I'm not too fussed about condition as all of mine are "well played with" to start with. For me it's all about getting the toys I never had when I was a nipper, I'm just glad my parents didn't let me sell it all for £20 in the mid nineties! Looking forward to finishing my collection, hopefully with a few purchases on here...

eloiasia

Youngling
Hi, my name is Elias and I'm 32. The new Star Wars got me back into collecting figures, I am focused mostly on the modern lines like Hasbro BS 6" AND 3.75" scale, I own few vintage ones just for the display but no much interest in them, what else can I say I really love Star Wars ,maybe except the prequels :)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Welcome AJ. Stefan, BA, Wes and Elias.

AJ, there's some great dealers and collectors on this site that sell fairly frequently. You're go-to-guy for MOCs and loose is Iain (itfciain) who regularly gets new stock in. Always good to deal with. Not to forget Andy X-Wing and Nick (Hothrebel, both who mainly seem to sell at shows like Farthest From) and Andy Clarke (threads on this forum) along with countless others who offer great items at fair prices. You'll have no problems here with repro junk or fakes.

Stefan, I feel for you, mate. Sounds like you sold just before thins started getting silly and prices increased. Could be expensive rebuilding the collection.

BA, I'm afraid you won't find the prices of vintage SW any more palatable than others you lines from the 80s. Worse, I'll bet. Still, there's bargains still to be found, even at auction houses like Vectis!

Wes, you lucky bugger. My Dad, bless him, took care of a load of my Fisher Price stuff and Lego, but when it came to SW stuff he didn't wrestle them off me. I sold/gave away the lot. Probably got about £30 all in. Yes, they would have been beaters but I would love 'em all the same.

Elias, you'll find plenty of love here for modern. The forum's main focus is vintage but there's a section for modern discussion too. You'll find plenty of collectors who love both.

Hope you all enjoy your time here. Personally, this forum is the best thing that's happened in my SW collecting life. Great people, great info and great deals.

Plastikheld

Jedi Knight
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Stefan, I feel for you, mate. Sounds like you sold just before thins started getting silly and prices increased. Could be expensive rebuilding the collection.
Exactly, I think nowadays I would get three- or four-times as much for the same stuff. But in most cases, I knew the collectors who bought it and I also know they have a good home now :wink:

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Big welcome to all the new members of SWFUK....

Great place for advice, picking up legit deals, but more importantly, fun discussion on all things Vintage Star Wars related...

Jeff
:D

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi,

My name's Jeremy and I'm a long-time Star Wars fan and collector. Like many people here, I grew up with Star Wars and it was a major part of my childhood, but like so many other people, I got rid of my toys far too soon and bought a BMX (I thought it was a good deal at the time!). However, in the nineties I saw the error of my ways and have been collecting again ever since.

I have used this excellent forum to research and find out information on various SW topics over the years, but felt it was finally time I stuck my head above the parapet, joined properly and introduced myself. This seems like a great community of like-minded people and I look forward to getting to know some of you in the future.

Thanks for reading.

J

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Name: Chris
Married with 2 kids and a dog
Started collecting around 10 years ago had a break for a few years, got them out the loft this year and got the bug again. Mainly intrested in collecting loose complete figures C8 above. Have a few carded figures.
Target is to get a complete set including all the variants. Have a qty of loose figures and spare weapons to sell or swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom