Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

binbrook74

Youngling
Hi . Thought i better introduce myself.

I have been a fan of star wars since it first came out as a younger child (Im now 41 )and collected just about all the toys they made.
Sadly a divorce cleared all my collection out several years ago so just stuck to my other hobby of restoring my old Jet fighter cockpit.
All of a sudden i have decided to start to rebuild a collection and so far got about 20 figures , 1 ship and a mini rig in just over a week so constantly searching now for bargains to slowly increase my collection so looking forward to having a good look through here to see what i can find.
If there is any other collectors in the north Lincolnshire area please say hi as would be good to find people with the same interest close to home.
Well thats it for now as need to find some bargains.
Looking forward to posting on here as my collection grows again :)
Many thanks
Darren

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
binbrook74 said:
Hi . Thought i better introduce myself.

I have been a fan of star wars since it first came out as a younger child (Im now 41 )and collected just about all the toys they made.
Sadly a divorce cleared all my collection out several years ago so just stuck to my other hobby of restoring my old Jet fighter cockpit.
All of a sudden i have decided to start to rebuild a collection and so far got about 20 figures , 1 ship and a mini rig in just over a week so constantly searching now for bargains to slowly increase my collection so looking forward to having a good look through here to see what i can find.
If there is any other collectors in the north Lincolnshire area please say hi as would be good to find people with the same interest close to home.
Well thats it for now as need to find some bargains.
Looking forward to posting on here as my collection grows again :)
Many thanks
Darren
Welcome Darren. Noticing at your user name binbrook74 makes me think your jet fighter cockpit you're restoring must surely be an EE Lightning in 74 squadron colours? :D

binbrook74

Youngling
Ha Well you close actually I live on the former station Binbrook and the 74 is my birth year but yeah i have a lightning cockpit but not 74 Its ex92 sqn. The famous one off the side of the A1 at Newark XN728 :)

rhyfelyser

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Just seen pics of her when flying, what a beaut! Good luck with the restoration. Let us know with the progress in the "Off topic" section of this site.

http://www.xs420.com/xn728-restoration.html

timbo72

Sith Lord
Hey Binbrook74,
I'm a Grimsby Lad and Chiffy is from Cleethorpes so there are a couple of Lincolnshire lads on here

Welcome to the forum, it's pretty good on here :D

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Welcome to all the new guys and gals :D A friend recently pointed out the masses of new users appearing here and it's awesome that some have taken the time to post and introduce themselves.

I hope those of you who are collecting find this place as awesome as I do for research, knowledge, buying and selling. And I hope those of you who may be considering selling up reconsider and rediscover your SW mojo, or at the very least advertise your bits and pieces here ;)

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
Name: Mark
Marital Status : Single ish
Hi all
I'm from Dorset and have been collecting Star Wars on and of since the films finished ( remember buying of Star Wars Jim in Model Mart)
Sold my loose collection a couple of years ago :(
Could have payed mortgage off if waited
Luckily kept Vinyl Cape Jawa
Been buying the HotToys and odd Palitoy carded
Figures
Would love to add more carded figures and a mint Palitoy Snow Speeder

Markobucko

Youngling
Name: Mark
Marital status: married with kids
Living in south Ireland in a place called Drogheda..30 minutes north of Dublin airport
Hi guys,
Always been a big Star Wars fan and had a lot of branded toys through the years. Also been big into anything Lego in Star Wars but slowly running out of space now that the kids are needing their own rooms.

DARTH VADER

Jedi Knight
Hi all,

My name's Carl and I have been browsing this wonderful forum over the last few years, finally signed up a few weeks back. Like most on here, massive fan of the original trilogy - and the latest Episode too :D

Collecting wise, had the lot, sold it as a teenager and now slowly putting it all back together!

All the best to one and all, hope 2016 is a happy and healthy year with lots of Star Wars items for you all!

Carl

Gadders

Padawan
Name: Adam
Marital status: married with kids

Hi all, I've only just been told about these forums, but having had a browse over the last couple of days they seem like a decent place.

I was quite heavily into collecting vintage stuff up until about 12 years ago, but then buying first house, getting married, having kids all put paid to that. However, that new certain new film has awoken the collecting bug and I'm now back.
I'm amazed how things have changed with the hobby since I was last active.... prices have rocketed.

I always had my original toys from when I was a kid, and back in the mid nineties I decided to try and get all the figures (loose). That was achieved fairly quickly and easily as prices then were a lot less crazy than they are today. At some point during this, I picked up my first MOC figure (one of the ewoks, which was miscarded - one ewok figure on another ones card). Cost me £15.
Along the way I picked up most of the ships and playsets, mostly boxed. I'm missing a couple - remote control Sandcrawler (never gonna afford that these days), boxed MLC-3, boxed MTV-8 and a box for the Vader TIE.
Carded figure wise, I'd like to get a carded example of each figure. I currently have about 46 MOC's although two of those are Kenobi, and two are Yoda.

I've also got a number of the carry cases.. I think theres just a ROTJ box one I haven't got...but I might be wrong on that front.

My primary collecting goals for 2016 are to get the 2 minirigs, and try and add some more MOCs to the collection. If anyone can help with those, or a DV TIE box, please let me know.

But before I can do any of that, I need to get back in touch with the hobby and get a feel for the current prices of everything.

If anyone wants to chat Vintage SW, or give a returning collector some tips on the current scene, then please give me a shout as I'd like to make some new contacts and friends in the hobby.

Cheers

Adam

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
GADDERS! Where the bloody hell have you been? Welcome back mate, I myself have been getting back into it after a few years absence!

Joe

Grand Master
We've certainly noticed an increase in new members since TFA came out, I've worn out my "approve first post" button :lol:

Welcome (back) Adam and everyone else that's signed up to SWF recently, great to have you here and hope you enjoy, contribute and take the piss out of weasel!

Name: Mike
Married
Lives: Northwest

Had loads of SW's as a kid, literally used to pick it all up from sale items in toy shops and car boots for peanuts. Then sold it all as a teenager and bought a pair of skates a motor bike! What I'd give to go back and buy again in the mid 1990's!

Started collecting again, two years ago, just loose stuff and some boxed. No on cards and not hung up on condition. My goal is to collect all 90 odd figures (loose) and from there I'm not sure, it's pretty addictive but prices are crazy :?

Hi, didn't want to go into to much detail as you never know who's watching. But Im an engineer for the leading water and wastewater undertaker in the northwest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom