Your most rare figure

Lindo

Sith Lord
Droopy said:
olisuds said:
Mine would be one of these :D

Screen_Shot_2015-10-14_at_11_56_04.png
Excuse my noobness, what are these, prototypes?
in my opinion these look better than the production ones, perhaps kenner should have stuck with these colours, love the white cape bib :)

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Don't actually own any rare loose figures. I suppose my rarest is a sealed Baggie Blue Snagg.
Regarding MOCs, my Palitoy 45a 3PO is up there and regarding MOC errors/variations, my Palitoy Luke Jedi with TWO blue sabres and my 12 back A Palitoy Luke come to mind :idea:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Jee's Oli give us other poor mortals a chance :lol: those are as the yanks would say outta the ballpark :shock: 8)

I have a couple of paint app errors which I presume would be my rarest figures, but nothing to write home about, so suspect it would be some of my one off baggies really, I have a coupe which as far as I know are worlds only examples (to date).

This Luke being one of the more desireable -

IMGP2017.jpg

maxf

Jedi Master
I don't really have anything rare these days! A year or two ago and it would have been a different answer, but I think 'rare' has been recalibrated somewhat!

phreatobite

Jedi Master
VCJ and Blue Snag ...uncommon but not exactly rare :D

I also have a R2 pop-up which cost £60 - try finding one of those now.

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
maxf said:
I don't really have anything rare these days! A year or two ago and it would have been a different answer, but I think 'rare' has been recalibrated somewhat!

Former acquisitions still count Max, pray tell?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I don't really own anything I consider rare, quite a few of them are expensive but I don't consider things like VCJs or Yak Face to be rare, there are thousands of them.

maxf

Jedi Master
theguiltyone said:
maxf said:

I meant in my current collection - lots would have been called rare a little while ago, but since vectis and a few finds have bought a lot more out of the woodwork they wouldn't now be considered rare, IMO.

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
maxf said:
theguiltyone said:
maxf said:

I meant in my current collection - lots would have been called rare a little while ago, but since vectis and a few finds have bought a lot more out of the woodwork they wouldn't now be considered rare, IMO.

Ah ok, I must need more coffee!

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Never tire of seeing figures from your collection Ollie, didn't realise you had a white coat Bib :shock:

Nothing out of the ordinary for me figure wise, the obligatory Yak and Blue Snag but as Edd said they aren't exactly rare.

Probably the rarest pieces I own are a Luke GDE 12 back and a Toltoys Stormie 12 back both of which are opened.

maxf

Jedi Master
BlueDog said:
Probably the rarest pieces I own are a Luke GDE 12 back and a Toltoys Stormie 12 back both of which are opened.

Awesome! They shouldn't be just casually tagged on to the end of your post - amazing pieces! Lets see some photos?

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I love how this becomes the Vcjs aren't rare thread. The question was what is the rarest figure you own. For a lot of people that will be a Vcj as they are rarer than a lot of standard production stuff. ;)

BlueDog

Sith Lord
maxf said:
Awesome! They shouldn't be just casually tagged on to the end of your post - amazing pieces! Lets see some photos?

:lol: Sorry Max, here's some pics bud. They are my two favourite pieces by far, although I'm sure there's a few on here that are sick of seeing them by now. :lol:

LukeGDE12_zps5908d202.jpg

stormie12_zpsb3ce1752.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Never been too fussed about Toltoys stuff as I think the logo is boring, but that GDE Luke is absolutely beautiful :)

BlueDog

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Never been too fussed about Toltoys stuff as I think the logo is boring, but that GDE Luke is absolutely beautiful :)

:eek: Absolute sacrilege Edd!! I must admit it could've been a bit brighter but that flash of blue certainly evokes a faster heart rate in most Aussie collectors when one pops up for sale on Ebay. They did do a rainbow version if that's more to your taste. :D

0Shot%202015-12-02%20at%201.12.43%20am_zpsfw9cgwxr.png

maxf

Jedi Master
BlueDog said:
:lol: Sorry Max, here's some pics bud. They are my two favourite pieces by far, although I'm sure there's a few on here that are sick of seeing them by now. :lol:

They look great - I really could happily go down the reseal route for rare items like this.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
These would be my top three.

Loose DT Vader. Missing the inner saber, but found him in an ebay lot. Sold the rest of the lot for the cost of the auction, so essentially I have a free DT Vader. :)

100_4439_zpsjj5v9h4s.jpg

My GDE DS Commander. What a story. Bought it back around 1996/7 for about $160 Canadian (80 GBP), sold it earlier this year due to a financial crisis, then got it back four months later when the buyer graded it for flipping. I busted the ****er out of the AFA case, and it will likely never be sold again. :)

100_5748_zps2arjfsbe.jpg

Finally, my GDE Vader. Autographed in person by Dave Prowse at CII in 2002. No worries - I don't autograph vintage MOC any more, but I have several like this in my collection. This is my most dear prized possession, and would be easily the very last item I would ever even try to sell. Selling this would equate to me leaving the hobby altogether.

CardedDarthVader_zpsmxul5cus.jpg

Of course, I also have a DT Luke, VC Jawa, Blue Snaggletooth, and plenty more MOC, which could be the highlight of some collector's collections, but these three are my top pieces.

Ian

Frunkstar

Grand Master
theguiltyone said:
Very nice LFB baggie Frank, what's the story behind you landing that one?

marc

Came in my first ever lot of baggies Marc direct from a palitoy worker, the find that got me started on baggies.

No love for the toltoys logo Edd :eek: :shock: personally its one of the ones I find most pleasing to the eye, something about its candid simplicity really rings my bells, sadly the PD never came with this logo :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom