SWFUK

Hello - I have star wars collection on ebay for sale

Post links to your own or other people's Ebay auctions. It is fine to discuss live auctions, but DO NOT post links to closed auctions for at least 7 days after the listing ends. See sales forum rules for details.
BlueDog
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Hello - I have star wars collection on ebay for sale

Postby BlueDog » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Oh jeezus, I've just had a good read of this thread and as Todd said it hurts. I saw this listing on Ebay au and considered contacting the seller to explain why it is a tad over priced but decided against it and whaddaya know here tis.

Starwarscollection, you'd do well to take a breath and read through the advice given by the members on here, vintage Star Wars items are a complete minefield when it comes to value, everything from how complete, variations and condition play a huge part in what makes one item worth significantly more than another albeit that they may look the same to a beginner.

The members on here have collectively 100's of years worth of experience behind them and even with that wealth of knowledge it can be hard to place values on certain items. Bottom line you have a fairly common set of figures in less than desirable condition and mostly incomplete that are readily available any time via places like Ebay and facebook in their 1000's.

You are also referencing a very vague article that is almost designed to create hysteria in anyone who has an old bunch of figures buried in their basement. The figures mentioned are of a particular manufacturer and are only worth a large amount due to their packaging or variation.

At a glance and referring only to the Star Wars items in your auction (as I have no idea on the other items), I would value your collection as a lot at around $200-$250. If you sold them individually you may get more around $300 or a bit over.

Carbon dating? This comment alone make me thing this is a have on but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

If they are of sentimental value to you then keep them but also bare in mind that most members on here are collectors first and while it is nice to know that these items hold some monitory value that usually plays second place to the satisfaction of owning them.

Sun must be extra hot in QLD these days. :D
See Ya!

Joe
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Joe » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:41 pm

OP is now banned.
I'm famous in Poland!
If you want to get in contact, please email me: joe@trilogo.info - click the image below for my WTB

BlueDog
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby BlueDog » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:48 pm

After I just typed up probably my longest post in years? You bastard :lol:
See Ya!

tiefighterboy
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby tiefighterboy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:53 pm

Joe wrote:OP is now banned.

Just when this was getting fun. :lol:

Joe
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Joe » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:58 pm

Can't win with you lot! :lol: :lol:

Obvious time waster, however amusing they were. I think it's better for everyone that we part company now before it gets out of hand. Sorry for putting an end to the fun :P
I'm famous in Poland!
If you want to get in contact, please email me: joe@trilogo.info - click the image below for my WTB

Tarkin's nosehair
Regular
Regular

Postby Tarkin's nosehair » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:17 pm

aaaarrrrrrrr i was enjoying that :lol:

Cazza
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby Cazza » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:13 pm

BlueDog wrote:After I just typed up probably my longest post in years? You bastard :lol:

:lol:
Collecting SW since 1980.
"Look Sir, Dubs,"

WANTED LIST viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20916 Looking for Palitoy MOCs

steve obi wan
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby steve obi wan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Hallelujah :lol:
Steve ,

Reliving my child hood , only this time I have to spend my own money !

sparkysx
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby sparkysx » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:07 pm

tiefighterboy wrote:For fucks sake.. Quit over thinking this. These are common average figures you have. Nothing more and nothing less. My fucking head hurts from this thread.

lmao

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:50 pm

BlueDog wrote:Oh jeezus, I've just had a good read of this thread and as Todd said it hurts. I saw this listing on Ebay au and considered contacting the seller to explain why it is a tad over priced but decided against it and whaddaya know here tis.

Starwarscollection, you'd do well to take a breath and read through the advice given by the members on here, vintage Star Wars items are a complete minefield when it comes to value, everything from how complete, variations and condition play a huge part in what makes one item worth significantly more than another albeit that they may look the same to a beginner.

The members on here have collectively 100's of years worth of experience behind them and even with that wealth of knowledge it can be hard to place values on certain items. Bottom line you have a fairly common set of figures in less than desirable condition and mostly incomplete that are readily available any time via places like Ebay and facebook in their 1000's.

You are also referencing a very vague article that is almost designed to create hysteria in anyone who has an old bunch of figures buried in their basement. The figures mentioned are of a particular manufacturer and are only worth a large amount due to their packaging or variation.

At a glance and referring only to the Star Wars items in your auction (as I have no idea on the other items), I would value your collection as a lot at around $200-$250. If you sold them individually you may get more around $300 or a bit over.

Carbon dating? This comment alone make me thing this is a have on but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

If they are of sentimental value to you then keep them but also bare in mind that most members on here are collectors first and while it is nice to know that these items hold some monitory value that usually plays second place to the satisfaction of owning them.

Sun must be extra hot in QLD these days. :D

I think he has a shop in Nimbin :P
I don't flush the toilet, I scare the shit out of it. ~Chuck Norris~
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball~

Scott
Regular
Regular

Postby Scott » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:13 pm

Joe wrote:OP is now banned.

You should set up a "Comedy Section" on the "Board Index" and archive all this in there.
:lol:
Lock the door. - And hope they don't have blasters.

Feedback for Scott:http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29938
Feedback for Scott:http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30333

Michael Sith
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Michael Sith » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:25 pm

BlueDog wrote:After I just typed up probably my longest post in years? You bastard :lol:

Classic :lol: :lol:
"What is thy bidding, my master?"

Robstyley
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Robstyley » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:19 pm

Fuck me! Picnic. Sandwiches. Short.

Joe
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Joe » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:36 pm

This might not be the end for our friend from Australia..he sent me an email claiming that the ban was discrimination against someone who just talks too much and that he was enjoying the forum..so I've replied offering to unban him if he relists his auction at 99cents and lets the market decide what it's worth :)
I'm famous in Poland!

yoda
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby yoda » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:11 pm

That's good to hear he's ok! I think everyone deserves a second chance! He's probably not a bad spud :)
If he takes up your offer I might even place a bid if he starts it at 99 cents :)
I don't flush the toilet, I scare the shit out of it. ~Chuck Norris~
Age is no barrier. It's a limitation you put on your mind ~Jackie Joyner-Kersee~
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog imitation. ~Sgt. Oddball~

Return to “Ebay Listings”