mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Some cardboard from C7:-

C8113E19-FEF0-4C3F-92D1-C72CCCA40A80_zpsisf2ptio.jpg

Jason

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I bought a mystery pile of cut cardbacks recently. A kind of attic-find cut-cardback lucky bag.

It had a Display Arena Offer card with a Palitoy address sticker on the back similar to the later Ackbar offer, for example. This is a new one to me. The first I heard of the Display was in adulthood and I'm wondering how this totally passed me by as a kid. Were they common? A regional thing perhaps?

poncho

Grand Master
chipsteak said:
I bought a mystery pile of cut cardbacks recently. A kind of attic-find cut-cardback lucky bag.

It had a Display Arena Offer card with a Palitoy address sticker on the back similar to the later Ackbar offer, for example. This is a new one to me. The first I heard of the Display was in adulthood and I'm wondering how this totally passed me by as a kid. Were they common? A regional thing perhaps?
get a photo up fella 8)

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
ponchobelt said:
chipsteak said:

get a photo up fella 8)

I will do for sure. I'll be able to in a couple of days. Photo or it never happened!

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yep those cardbacks look great, especially with their nameplates still in place and a nice mixture of price stickers.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
That is some great cardbacks you have received Martin :D

James that is also some great cardbacks.

Congratulations guys :wink:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Some nice cardbacks on here, great thread. Here's my cardback collection, all from childhood.

imagejpg1_zps79fc100d.jpg

poncho

Grand Master
Tfu - childhood cards score :) great that you kept them.
odd that you have a meccano jawa did you get that while on holiday abroad? I assume you were a child in the uk

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I new someone would ask that as I have always thought the same. Most of them were brought in Cornwall, Penzance and St Ives area between 84 and 87. I think the Jawa came from Tesco's in Penzance but might be wrong. I'm pretty sure I have a Yak Face Tri-logo card somewhere but it seems to have vanished, typical. :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom