NEW - Cardback collectors thread.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
chipsteak said:
Here's a use-able photo, Mr P.

See if I've discovered a new cardback style can we name it the chipsteak? :D

5k4wsm.jpg

I've added that pic to the cardback guide and credited you.

Looks like it was spotted back in 2009 on a rebelscum thread and I didn't pick up on it.

So you'll have to save the chipsteak for your next discovery!

:)

Jason

RetroDan16

Padawan
Great thread! I've recently started collecting cardbacks when they come up as I think they are neat for display (and just to look at!). I'm expecting a few to arrive in the next few days, so when they do, I'll get them all photographed and added here.

poncho

Grand Master
RetroDan16 said:
Great thread! I've recently started collecting cardbacks when they come up as I think they are neat for display (and just to look at!). I'm expecting a few to arrive in the next few days, so when they do, I'll get them all photographed and added here.

nice one. welcome aboard :)

regards
chris

RetroDan16

Padawan
poncho said:
RetroDan16 said:

nice one. welcome aboard :)

regards
chris

Thanks! Enjoying looking around and seeing so much interesting stuff, and nice to see interest in cardbacks (I thought I was in the minority liking them!)

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I love them.

For me personally, going for a complete set of cardbacks is the perfect accompaniment to my loose set of figs. I used to cut them into pieces as a kid and throw them away so they were things I only owned briefly so to 'get them back' has a similar appeal to owning MOCs albeit the budget version.

zombiemedia

Jedi Knight
Erm....I just bought my first cardback :/

It was £2 with postage on eBay - it is a Logray - and it's been touched up with pen - but hey...

Slippery slope?

poncho

Grand Master
zombiemedia said:
Slippery slope?

very much so :lol: good luck ! you picked a wrong time to start i yoused to pick up decent ones for a couple of pounds a few years ago now your looking at £5-10 for a decent common one.

your right they are cool get your logray pic up zombie 8)

zombiemedia

Jedi Knight
poncho said:
zombiemedia said:
Slippery slope?

very much so :lol: good luck ! you picked a wrong time to start i yoused to pick up decent ones for a couple of pounds a few years ago now your looking at £5-10 for a decent common one.

your right they are cool get your logray pic up zombie 8)

And now....a £2 touched up Klaatu

At this point I'm just on a nostalgia trip - so costs have to be low - this isn't a collection (honest).

Battered cards for a couple of quid I can handle :)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
poncho said:
Only esb cards were 32. He of meant 12 back

Not so poncho. Star Wars cards were available with a 32 transitional sticker to shift old stock when the new lines came out. I couldn't find a decent pic to link on my phone but if the op cares to take a photo of the back.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Here's an example. This has now sold before you start bombarding the op with messages ;)

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18489&p=256191#p256191

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom