Palitoy 41 Back List Rarest to the Most Common?

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I looked at the expressions of the two guys in the photograph and one looks like he is shocked and the other looks like he is happy so I sincerely hope they were looking at a 41 Back Dengar and not at something else, it is a public place after all!

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
So if I wasn't looking at a dengar 41 back, WHAT was I looking at hmmm? Post your guesses here (in picture/video form)

:)

Jason

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Darren was playing Angry Birds on his phone he got a high score so he was laughing with happines, he then passed his phone to you and you were shocked by his high score. That explains everything, there wasn't a 41 Back Dengar in sight!

Richard_H

Grand Master
Darren is one of the best in the hobby. If he says it exists, for me it exists. I understand caution and being burned in the past, but I would never question this collector.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
Darren is one of the best in the hobby. If he says it exists, for me it exists. I understand caution and being burned in the past, but I would never question this collector.

Exactly.

Jason

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Personally I could not care weather the 41 back Dengar exists or not, if it does exist I would rather not see a picture of it as I believe the mystery of whether it exists or not adds more interest to collecting. I think people's responses to this are understandable and expected as usually when someone confirms the existence of something they also provide proof and the fact that this has not happened is unusual. I therefore think it is unfair to critisice or worse still ostracize people for both requesting and expecting actual proof, if NASA were to confirm the existence of Alien Life would a picture of one Astronaught looking at another Astronaughts phone be sufficient proof, I think not!

Richard_H

Grand Master
That's an odd response when you're asking so many questions about Palitoy cards.

A Dengar 41bk is not and never will be on my radar. Not something I desire to own.

Yes, I understand some collectors want pictures for proof. I get that. For me personally though, this owner's word is enough.

Nobody has criticised or ostracised those who want proof. I've met John many times and fully respect him as a fellow collector. Haven't had anything to do with Lee but I certainly value what he posts.

The NASA point is irrelevant. There are so many black hole collections in the world that it's ridiculous to assume that this is unusual. Many collectors will never post on RS due to their photo policy. Many will not post on FB for the same reason. Some collectors, and I've been in one situation, are happy for you to look at their collections but will not allow photos to be taken. Their property, their rules. Many collectors have no online presence at all and we have to rely on the testament of others from time to time.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
When I colleceted back in 2001 a Viny Caped Jawa was thought not to exist on a Palitoy 12 Back, now it does, back then people would say they had seen one but no one believed it until they actualy saw one with thier own eyes. Its great that you trust the word of one or two individuals but for me not knowing either of those individuals I need to see it to believe it. I am perfectly happy in not seeing the image as for me it adds an element of intrigue and mystery to collecting which is exiting for me, maybe that's a little odd to some people but that's me.

Darren most certainly has significantly increased the profile of the 41 Back Dengar by not openly showing the pictures, lots of people are talking about it and I am sure the desirability and value of it has increased substantially, its very clever marketing.

The NASA point is relevant in that most people expect to see some kind of visual proof when someone confirms the existence of something new and therefore I do not believe the point is ridiculous. If Darren says today that he also has a 30 Back Dengar does that prove its existence also, where do you stop?

I understand image control but surely you can show people an image without posting it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom