Pewter / Metal Cast Yakface info Needed

Wattosjunkpile

Youngling
I own a novelty company and a sports merchandise is something i sell ass well. I open stores in the 2 cities that are in both venues, so I have a little bit more money to throw around during that time!

itfciain

Grand Master
Joe - do you know much on the background of these - I have seen a few turn up over the years - there is obviously something to it if you are prepared to pay $500 for it

jayums

Jedi Master
itfciain said:
Joe - do you know much on the background of these - I have seen a few turn up over the years - there is obviously something to it if you are prepared to pay $500 for it

That is what I was thinking... surely a bootleg (however cool it looks!) without any kind of provenance, and made from pewter (which can easily be reproduced) can't be worth that much??

The numbers are intriguing though (it seems an odd thing for a bootlegger to do?), and IMO it is an interesting thing! Probably me barking up the wrong tree entirely, but could the choice of yakface suggest it was produced when yak was seen as harder to get hold of, pre internet etc and relatively expensive, even back in the day. Perhaps they were produced to satiate that demand.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I was thinking that , might sneak back to the metal work room at my old school , we used to cast statues from sand packed moulds in two halves from melted ally window cut offs, no health & safety in the early 80's, think of the fumes, don't known the meting point of pewter but prob not much higher being think, tin and lead mix??? :lol:

Dare

Padawan
I've had this pewter Yak Face in my collection for a good few years now, so I thought I'd do a quick search online to see what I could find out about it.... to my surprise it turned up a thread on here at SWFUK from last year. I thought I'd share a few pictures of the one I have in my collection along with the accompanying certificate. No. 44 of 250.

Attachments

• IMG_4931.JPG
    IMG_4931.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_4936.JPG
    IMG_4936.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 584
  • IMG_4937.JPG
    IMG_4937.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 583

Joe

Grand Master
That's the first time I've ever seen the original COA, very cool. Was Aaron Craft the name of the person that made them or was it his business/company name?

Dare

Padawan
Unfortunately I hold no other details for the figure/certificate. I purchased this from a local Toy & Train Fair in Hertfordshire back in the 90's. I do remember at the time the vintage figure itself was a tough one to find and thought it would make a good filler for the collection. From the searching I've done online so far I've not found any more details on this item, anyone else know more?

Pizzathehut, I did have a look at the back of the COA but no further info found.

Michael Sith, you are right about the spelling mistake!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom