Cardbacks with Correct Figure and accessory

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:
Great idea! I have most of my childhood card backs, figures and weapons. But obviously mixed them up as a kid so no idea what came with what. Not much help! Lol

Do you have any with stormie blasters that you can share from your childhood ? :D but everything is welcome :wink:

Only Stormtroopers and card backs I have are the 2 that came on the Trilogo card with the POTF Ewok Combat complete playpack, both stormtroopers are no country, but the blasters I am unsure of. I do have loads more I can add which are 100% accurate, Chewbacca with Jedi card and 8D8 two name a phew. I will add some soon, will just take me a while to get around to it, been having a sort out lately and adding to this thread is next on the list. Will try and do one a day or something like that. lol

I also have stormie tri-logo, could be cool to see if it is the same figure and blaster :wink: Thanks, I am sure we can't wait to see what you have, soundd cool with one a day :wink: If you also have some of the same as other members share then also please share them, it could be interesting to see again if there is different weapons and figures on the same cards :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Next one Luke Jedi from a danish childhood collection.

It is a ROTJ Palitoy 65 special offer free nien nunb back

the coo is a Hong Kong stamp.

I have added the blaster, coat and lightsaber I got with the cardback and figure :D

P1200452.JPG

P1200453.JPG

P1200454.JPG

P1200455.JPG

P1200464.JPG

P1200456.JPG

P1200457.JPG

P1200465.JPG

P1200466.JPG

P1200467.JPG

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
As promised my childhood figures with the card backs they came with.

Lando on a Kenner 65b 100% figure and cape came with this card back but can't say with certainty the blaster did.

Cewbacca on a Kenner 77a 100% all came together.

Boba Fett on a Kenner 77a figure and card back 100% came together pretty sure the blaster is wrong!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 191
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 182

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Your Lando Calrissian was made in the Kader factory. In the ROTJ era production was moved to their China plant and figures and card backs were marked with the MADE IN CHINA stamp. Kader is Family I off of Wolff's variant villain coo guide. Your Lando has been paired with the wrong blaster. The correct Bespin blaster for the China Lando is the V1 wine handled Bespin blaster off of TIG. The China Coo cape is a lighter grey than the other Kenner capes.

Your Chewbacca was also made in the Kader factory. You can see the card carries the HG code. Kader is the family II two line Coo off of Wolff's variant villain coo guide, with small copyright and space between HONG and KONG. The figure has been paired with the correct bowcaster.

Your Boba Fett was made in the Taiwan Factory. It has been paired with the wrong blaster. It should of been the v5 blaster off of TIG which is unique to the Taiwan factory.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Your Lando Calrissian was made in the Kader factory. In the ROTJ era production was moved to their China plant and figures and card backs were marked with the MADE IN CHINA stamp. Kader is Family I off of Wolff's variant villain coo guide. Your Lando has been paired with the wrong blaster. The correct Bespin blaster for the China Lando is the V1 wine handled Bespin blaster off of TIG. The China Coo cape is a lighter grey than the other Kenner capes.

Your Chewbacca was also made in the Kader factory. You can see the card carries the HG code. Kader is the family II two line Coo off of Wolff's variant villain coo guide, with small copyright and space between HONG and KONG. The figure has been paired with the correct bowcaster.

Your Boba Fett was made in the Taiwan Factory. It has been paired with the wrong blaster. It should of been the v5 blaster off of TIG which is unique to the Taiwan factory.

Thanks for the info, really funny how AFA have graded them with the incorrect weapons. That said I really don't care about the V1 and V5 or any of the varients, these to me are all with weapons from my childhood or weapons I added in the 00's that I had lost as a child. I've always been happy with the correct type of weapon only. I have got loads more childhood ones to add which I can match figures to cards with as they are all childhood items. I don't want to make this thread confusing for readers though so please speak up if anyone thinks its a bad idea me adding loads, probably have another 15 or so.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Hi Lars, can you post two additional pics for me. A pic showing the stitching of the cloak on the inside up by the hood. Also a pic of the blaster from the angle in the top pics below. I'm pretty certain everything is above board for a Smile factory Luke Jedi but this will help to double check.

Attachments

• 9C19800A-B487-434F-BF0B-D339013EF44D.jpeg
    9C19800A-B487-434F-BF0B-D339013EF44D.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 261

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
As promised my childhood figures with the card backs they came with.

Lando on a Kenner 65b 100% figure and cape came with this card back but can't say with certainty the blaster did.

Cewbacca on a Kenner 77a 100% all came together.

Boba Fett on a Kenner 77a figure and card back 100% came together pretty sure the blaster is wrong!

Thanks mate for sharing them, cool that you still have them from your childhood 8) is it possible to take pictures of the coo ? I know lando is impossible but I was thinking about the others ? :D I will add them with link to the 1st post

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:

Thanks mate for all the great info, it is fantastic reading as always 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
TheJabbaWookie said:

Thanks for the info, really funny how AFA have graded them with the incorrect weapons. That said I really don't care about the V1 and V5 or any of the varients, these to me are all with weapons from my childhood or weapons I added in the 00's that I had lost as a child. I've always been happy with the correct type of weapon only. I have got loads more childhood ones to add which I can match figures to cards with as they are all childhood items. I don't want to make this thread confusing for readers though so please speak up if anyone thinks its a bad idea me adding loads, probably have another 15 or so.

I think it is great, please share more, but if you could maybe keep one figure in one post, like I do then I think maybe it would be better and if it is possible for you to take pictures of the coo then it would be fantastic :D Thanks again for sharing :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
AFA or any of the grading companies don't go into that level of detail and are prone to loads of errors. But to be fair most collectors aren't arsed with that level of detail either :lol:

only variant geeks like me :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Hi Lars, can you post two additional pics for me. A pic showing the stitching of the cloak on the inside up by the hood. Also a pic of the blaster from the angle in the top pics below. I'm pretty certain everything is above board for a Smile factory Luke Jedi but this will help to double check.

Yes, I will take new pictures later today when I get home :wink:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Ok Pomse2001 will post more, the country stamps are on the AFA stickers and so far they have got them correct. Will do one figure per post and try to get the leg stamps in.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Ok @Pomse2001 will post more, the country stamps are on the AFA stickers and so far they have got them correct. Will do one figure per post and try to get the leg stamps in.

Thanks mate, cool that they got the country stamps correct, could be cool to see which coo variant that is sold with the cardback. It was also great that you told us that you have added a few weapon later. Any idea which weapons you have added ? :wink:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
Ok @Pomse2001 will post more, the country stamps are on the AFA stickers and so far they have got them correct. Will do one figure per post and try to get the leg stamps in.
It's worth bearing in mind that they will often only put HK on the AFA label and sometimes there are two or three Hong Kong factories (Smile, Kader, Uni Toys) that could of manufactured the figure, so its worth taking a shot of the Coo as it's not always possible to identify the figure from its mould and paint differences.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:

ok here are some new pictures can you use them ?

to me it looks like blaster V 1 A ?

P1200474.JPG

P1200478.JPG

About the Coat, it looks like they used 2 colors first brown around the hood and then green stitching to close the hood :?

P1200479.JPG

P1200480.JPG

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Ok here's today's entry from me, 77a Kenner. One of the first items I got, the figure and card back are 100% matching, but again really not sure about the blaster. Really amazing how the card back survived the move from Greenfield to Cornwall back in 1984! Even thrown in the kitchen sink in these photos. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 247
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 246
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 248
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 247

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Ok here's today's entry from me, 77a Kenner. One of the first items I got, the figure and card back are 100% matching, but again really not sure about the blaster. Really amazing how the card back survived the move from Greenfield to Cornwall back in 1984! Even thrown in the kitchen sink in these photos. Lol

Thanks mate, Nice kitchen :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
AFA or any of the grading companies don't go into that level of detail and are prone to loads of errors. But to be fair most collectors aren't arsed with that level of detail either :lol:

I think they have got a bit better, I sent all these off over 10 years ago. I sent some more about 3 to 4 years ago for a friend and they rejected a Leia Boushh because the helmet was from wrong factory. Mind you I really don't believe the other 20 figures I sent in with the correct shaped weapons all matched and they all got graded!

Lol cheers Pomse2001 .

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have the same cardback I think as theforceuk also have shared :? There is writen HG on the factory, I can't see if his also have HG writen on the cardback ?

Here is mine from a danish childhood lot, there was not any other bespin blasters in the lot. So I hope it looks correct ?

There is zip sound on the cape on the last picture, that is the back of the cape on the inside on the first picture there is no zip sound.

P1200490.JPG

P1200491.JPG

P1200481.JPG

P1200482.JPG

P1200483.JPG

P1200484.JPG

P1200485.JPG

P1200486.JPG

P1200488.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom