Cardbacks with Correct Figure and accessory

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
AFA or any of the grading companies don't go into that level of detail and are prone to loads of errors. But to be fair most collectors aren't arsed with that level of detail either :lol:

I think they have got a bit better, I sent all these off over 10 years ago. I sent some more about 3 to 4 years ago for a friend and they rejected a Leia Boushh because the helmet was from wrong factory. Mind you I really don't believe the other 20 figures I sent in with the correct shaped weapons all matched and they all got graded!

Lol cheers @Pomse2001 .

Your welcome, I guess many steaks have been made in that kitchen ? :lol: Do you have writen on your lando cardback HG on the back in the right corner ? :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
AFA or any of the grading companies don't go into that level of detail and are prone to loads of errors. But to be fair most collectors aren't arsed with that level of detail either :lol:

I think they have got a bit better, I sent all these off over 10 years ago. I sent some more about 3 to 4 years ago for a friend and they rejected a Leia Boushh because the helmet was from wrong factory. Mind you I really don't believe the other 20 figures I sent in with the correct shaped weapons all matched and they all got graded!

Lol cheers @Pomse2001 .

Your welcome, I guess many steaks have been made in that kitchen ? :lol: Do you have writen on your lando cardback HG on the back in the right corner ? :D

I can't see his leg stamp becasue he is sealed in the case for authentification, preservation and varification!!!! lomao

The sticker says China w/teeth.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:

Lol cheers @Pomse2001 .

I can't see his leg stamp becasue he is sealed in the case for authentification, preservation and varification!!!! lomao

The sticker says China w/teeth.

I am not talking about the leg stamp, it is on the back of the cardback, down in the right corner, there is 2 letters are they HG ?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Sorry Lars yes HG on the Lando, HG on Chewbacca, TJ on Boba Fett and HN on Han Hoth. Pomse2001

I have another 28 to add!

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
Ok here's today's entry from me, 77a Kenner. One of the first items I got, the figure and card back are 100% matching, but again really not sure about the blaster. Really amazing how the card back survived the move from Greenfield to Cornwall back in 1984! Even thrown in the kitchen sink in these photos. Lol
The figure and card are from the Smile factory. You can tell the card from the punch tab though on future posts it would be worth photographing the front and back straight on for clarity during the identification process. Can't tell what blaster it is from that shot. It looks like a black blaster which IMO would be incorrect regardless of mould as the only Han Hoth I have seen with a black blaster is the Kader no coo made in China MOC.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
I have the same cardback I think as theforceuk also have shared :? There is writen HG on the factory, I can't see if his also have HG writen on the cardback ?

Here is mine from a danish childhood lot, there was not any other bespin blasters in the lot. So I hope it looks correct ?

There is zip sound on the cape on the last picture, that is the back of the cape on the inside on the first picture there is no zip sound.
The figure is correctly matched to the card Lars. The blaster is Kader. Most examples of the blaster found on the China MOCs I have seen are the v1 with wide handle grip as opposed to the v2 that you have. We think the blue v1 is specifically associated with Kader China but it has not been categorically proven so your blaster could be fine. With regards the cape the shape of the holes is correct for the Kader and Uni Toys cape. The best way to determine if it's Kader China is to put it next to another Lando cape - it should be noticeably lighter than the others.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Sorry Lars yes HG on the Lando, HG on Chewbacca, TJ on Boba Fett and HN on Han Hoth. @Pomse2001

Thanks mate, cool that you do have so many :D I was also thinking about you maybe had many because off all the circles you had made as a kid on the back of the cardbacks around most of the figures :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Pomse2001 said:
I have the same cardback I think as theforceuk also have shared :? There is writen HG on the factory, I can't see if his also have HG writen on the cardback ?

Here is mine from a danish childhood lot, there was not any other bespin blasters in the lot. So I hope it looks correct ?

There is zip sound on the cape on the last picture, that is the back of the cape on the inside on the first picture there is no zip sound.
The figure is correctly matched to the card Lars. The blaster is Kader. Most examples of the blaster found on the China MOCs I have seen are the v1 with wide handle grip as opposed to the v2 that you have. We think the blue v1 is specifically associated with Kader China but it has not been categorically proven so your blaster could be fine. With regards the cape the shape of the holes is correct for the Kader and Uni Toys cape. The best way to determine if it's Kader China is to put it next to another Lando cape - it should be noticeably lighter than the others.

Thanks again mate for all the great info :D I will compare the cape with another cape from a Hong Kong figure or a no coo :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Pomse2001 said:

Did you also see I have uploaded pictures of the luke jedi parts you asked for ? :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:
Sorry Lars yes HG on the Lando, HG on Chewbacca, TJ on Boba Fett and HN on Han Hoth. @Pomse2001

Thanks mate, cool that you do have so many :D I was also thinking about you maybe had many because off all the circles you had made as a kid on the back of the cardbacks around most of the figures :wink:

Yeah I think I had about 70, but not all the card backs. I know I got a Woolworths 8 pack and can narrow down some figures that were certainly in that. Got a Luke Bespin to put up later.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Biker Scout, 65-back Kenner 'Made in Taiwan' TJ.

This came from a UK childhood collection and I'm assured that the figure and weapon are both original to the card.

Biker Scout Taiwan 1.jpg

Biker Scout Taiwan 2.jpg

Biker Scout Taiwan 3.jpg

Biker Scout Taiwan 4.jpg

Biker Scout Taiwan 5.jpg

Biker Scout Taiwan 6.jpg

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I've a couple of other opened MOCs I can contribute, so I'll get them done as soon as I can.

Would it be beneficial to have two separate threads? One as a discussion thread and one for the reference information? That way it makes it easier to navigate when looking through the reference information, and it also makes the discussion easier to follow.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:

Yeah I think I had about 70, but not all the card backs. I know I got a Woolworths 8 pack and can narrow down some figures that were certainly in that. Got a Luke Bespin to put up later.

Could have been cool if you had all 70 :D you are still lucky that you have some. My dad threw them out in the garbage when I was in school :evil:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
peekaygee73 said:
Biker Scout, 65-back Kenner 'Made in Taiwan' TJ.

This came from a UK childhood collection and I'm assured that the figure and weapon are both original to the card.

Biker Scout Taiwan 1.jpg
Biker Scout Taiwan 2.jpg
Biker Scout Taiwan 3.jpg
Biker Scout Taiwan 4.jpg
Biker Scout Taiwan 5.jpg
Biker Scout Taiwan 6.jpg

Thanks mate for sharing it, maybe jay can tell us more about it :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
peekaygee73 said:
I've a couple of other opened MOCs I can contribute, so I'll get them done as soon as I can.

Would it be beneficial to have two separate threads? One as a discussion thread and one for the reference information? That way it makes it easier to navigate when looking through the reference information, and it also makes the discussion easier to follow.

Cool, we can't wait to see them :D my idea was to keep it all together and then I will add links in the first post so members can use the links in the first post to the card and figure that they want to watch, discuss or just learn from. But I will think about it :wink:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Luke Bespin Kenner 77a 100% figure, sabre and card back were a match, actually remember buying this from Tesco's Penzance, Cornwall and getting a free Trilogo Prune Face.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 260
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 264
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 264
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 265
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 264

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Leia (Hoth Outfit), Canadian 41-a Kenner.

This came from a US seller who sold it as MOC and the figure burst through the top of the bubble during shipping. The original purchaser sent it back and I bought it knowingly in this condition. Due to this I can't be 100% sure the blaster or figure are original, but the figure certainly seems to tally with other MOC examples. I've been able to take the blaster out (TIG v1?) but it'll be tricky to get the figure out without further damage to the bubble... so in she stays.

20210319_172317.jpg

20210319_172337.jpg

20210319_172552.jpg

20210319_172615.jpg

20210319_172801.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Luke Bespin Kenner 77a 100% figure, sabre and card back were a match, actually remember buying this from Tesco's Penzance, Cornwall and getting a free Trilogo Prune Face.

Thanks mate for sharing another one, it looks really great :D cool story and fantastic that you remember all this so many years later :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
peekaygee73 said:
Leia (Hoth Outfit), Canadian 41-a Kenner.

This came from a US seller who sold it as MOC and the figure burst through the top of the bubble during shipping. The original purchaser sent it back and I bought it knowingly in this condition. Due to this I can't be 100% sure the blaster or figure are original, but the figure certainly seems to tally with other MOC examples. I've been able to take the blaster out (TIG v1?) but it'll be tricky to get the figure out without further damage to the bubble... so in she stays.

20210319_172317.jpg
20210319_172337.jpg
20210319_172552.jpg
20210319_172615.jpg
20210319_172801.jpg

Thanks mate for sharing this canadian card and another great story, I am sure that we will learn more about it in the future :wink:

Latest posts

Top Bottom