Custom Dioramas

Richard_H

Grand Master
Awesome Bram. The time and talent that must go into these...

I'd love to have a whole room with Dioramas from every scene in SW with figures positioned appropriately. When I get a bigger house.... :D

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
It's great to see the pics of it finally finished Bram. Some good skills there buddy and attention to detail. Lovely idea to light up the carbonite block!

Looking forward to seeing the next one.

Chris

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Great looking diorama Bram. 8)

I like the "main wall" very much with the Han carbonite. Also a very clever use of materials! Pictures saved to inspire me when I try to do a Palaca ...one day.....in a far far future...LOL

Thanks for showing and keep up the good work!

Wolff

PGowdy

Grand Master
Grea Jabba palace Bram. Love it. Would really like to see some pics with the appropriate figures placed inside. 8)

sith-smith

Grand Master
I'd love to make a few dioramas of playsets that never existed when I was a kid, the kind of things only a kid could imagine.

Would be good if we had some sort of advice/master class things on here

e.g.

What materials are useful, best way of working with them, proper adhesives, paints etc.

jay4

Jedi Knight
:shock: 8) wow top stuff ,im feeling inspired after seeing that palace great job

jay4

Jedi Knight
Bramistuta25 said:
jay4 said:
:shock: 8) wow top stuff ,im feeling inspired after seeing that palace great job

If you need any tips let me know. I'm not the best but I am an ideas man.

Good luck!

thanks :wink: one thing im not clued up on ,the bandage thing whats the best type of strong bandage to be using ? and also did you cover that bandage in the actual stookie cast plaster the hospitals use? before the textured polyfilla finish . i would imagine just firing on the bandage over the taped polysterene and sealing it on with polyfilla or the likes is no good as it would just crack and crumble and generally not be strong enough hence the plaster layer is a little important for stablity before the finishing textured layer

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
jay4 said:
Bramistuta25 said:
jay4 said:

If you need any tips let me know. I'm not the best but I am an ideas man.

Good luck!

thanks :wink: one thing im not clued up on ,the bandage thing whats the best type of strong bandage to be using ? and also did you cover that bandage in the actual stookie cast plaster the hospitals use? before the textured polyfilla finish . i would imagine just firing on the bandage over the taped polysterene and sealing it on with polyfilla or the likes is no good as it would just crack and crumble and generally not be strong enough hence the plaster layer is a little important for stablity before the finishing textured layer

Hi Buddy,

Sorry for the late reply I must've missed it?!

I use MOC-ROC hospital bandage and then cover it with low cost filler/polyfilla followed up by a base coat, top coat and dry brushed highlights.

I've had no trouble with cracking, but it is a good thing to have in some dioramas so I will leave it be rather than touching it up.

Hope this helps?

I am currently working on a 1.2m by 47cm x 47cm Rancor Pit but Timbo doesn't want any progress pics up so you will have to wait until its finished. It's looking very nice even if I do say so myself!!

I am hoping to be finished by the end of this week and will post progress and final pics next weekend.

:wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom