Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think it's time to admit you made the origional model for ILM.

I don't usually kiss ass but this work is exceptional.

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Thanks a lot!! :D :D :D

UPDATE:

All pictures from this update can be found here:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#26jun2015

I worked a lot on the ship, but oh well.....you won't see much progress. I decided to make an update to mainly show what I am going through and that I am really back to get this one finsihed.

First of all I made the railings to the middle part. The ship should stay detachable (front, middle and rear) so this one was a very tough one. I had to think of a detachable solution for this one with it still beeing stable and the transition beeing nearly invisible.

Khetanna_371.jpg

Khetanna_372.jpg

Khetanna_373.jpg

Khetanna_374.jpg

Khetanna_375.jpg

Khetanna_376.jpg

Khetanna_377.jpg

After that I finally found the time to correct some paneling that annoyed me now for month.

Khetanna_378.jpg

Khetanna_379.jpg

So with the railings complete the hull is defintely fix. No changes anymore. Time to get those transition areas done better. Lots of glueing filling and sanding....very time consuming.

Khetanna_380.jpg

Khetanna_381.jpg

Khetanna_382.jpg

Khetanna_383.jpg

Khetanna_384.jpg

Both doors are btw again full with waving and bending. I needed to correct those also. Again lots of sanding and filling and sanding. Also the nose must have had an issue while moving or later. The whole front is broken and was waving. I am still reparing it and hope this will never happen again. A lot of wasted time on this one. The cracks and the loosening mainly happend to the underground.So its not a serious problem but it needs to be fixed.

Also the transition to the underground needs to be done. The tunnel for the wires is as well detachable and I will need something to make this invisble. Here is some pictures of the progress.

Khetanna_386.jpg

Khetanna_387.jpg

While sanding and filling I thought again about the 24 movable windows. I still have a problem with those which I wanted to fix always before priming. The windows are to instable....too thin. They break when moved to often. So I once decided to glue a steel wire behind. The problem now is that those wires often get teared away because they are only palced at one side. I had to face it to remove them all and redoing them...this time all around...every piece is unique because every window is unique. This is most time consuming and I really really hope this time it pays off.

Khetanna_388.jpg

Khetanna_389.jpg

Khetanna_390.jpg

I really hope I have something more of interest next time. I am working on it, but finsihing the hull is the main goal right now.

Wolff

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Thanks guys!! Here is the next one:

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#08july2015

I am still in to fixing things that I made once and do not like anymore or even worse...it simply doesn't work anymore.

First of all I started to renew the cables to the front deck. The guitar strings just look way better:
Khetanna_392.jpg

Next I was making the cable tunnels to the undersurface:
Khetanna_394.jpg

Khetanna_395.jpg

Khetanna_396.jpg

Khetanna_398.jpg

Then I tried to make some deatils to the hull. A small part for the ship but a lot of work (on top comparison to fullsize film model):
Khetanna_400.jpg

More details for the hull:
Khetanna_402.jpg

Khetanna_404.jpg

Khetanna_405.jpg

Khetanna_406.jpg

In the meanwhile I was wotking again on the many problems around the hull. I really wanted to get at least the lower part of the back done. It was hours and hours of filling and sanding. But finally the door plus the lower back now seem nearly done. A few more hours and I might be ready for priming....
Khetanna_407.jpg

Khetanna_409.jpg

Khetanna_410.jpg

Khetanna_411.jpg

Khetanna_412.jpg

Hope you like it.

Cheers

Wolff

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Great update, love watching this progress.

Your attention to detail and perfectionist approach is producing some astonishing results.

Fantastic work 8)

stormcab

Sith Lord
Absolutely amazing. I did model-making back in art college. Wanted to go into Special effects, but I quickly learned that very little work on offer was building space craft for sci-fi movies, so jacked it in.

I've always hoped that model-makers such as yourself should have your pieces brought together with others and displayed in a huge warehouse museum. That would be f***ing blinding. Why is there nothing like that? They should go the whole hog and build some full size vehicles to go outside - like a full scale AT-AT lol

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Thanks so much guys!!! 8)

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#11july2015

Primer......mhhhhhh......so here is some beauty shots

(....whatelse to say besides that it was way too hot to get those parts primed. It got a bit "cloudy" which is in fact not really bad, but at least annoying. The dull parts are a bit rough and will be sanded and primed one more time I think):

Khetanna_413.jpg

Khetanna_414.jpg

Khetanna_415.jpg

Khetanna_416.jpg

Khetanna_417.jpg

Khetanna_418.jpg

Khetanna_419.jpg

Khetanna_420.jpg

Khetanna_421.jpg

Khetanna_422.jpg

Khetanna_423.jpg

Hope you like it like I do :D

Cheers

Wolff

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
My perpetual commentary on this thread, but what else to say other than how amazing this all is mate; thank you for sharing your work!

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Thanks a lot!! :D

UPDATE:

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#12july2015

Time to enjoy what was already built!! Some shots of the ship how it looks right now. I really make to less pictures of the total ship...just recognized it.

Khetanna_424.jpg

Khetanna_425.jpg

Khetanna_426.jpg

Khetanna_427.jpg

Khetanna_428.jpg

Khetanna_429.jpg

Khetanna_430.jpg

Khetanna_431.jpg

Khetanna_432.jpg

Khetanna_433.jpg

I am already onto 4 more main parts (2 pairs each). There is still a hell of a work to do on the things that are already made, but I wanted to " create" someting again....not only filling and sanding......
So here is a teaser:

Khetanna_434.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Wolff

Robstyley

Sith Lord
This is so so interesting.. one of my favourite things about the forum. I really love any creativity related to the vintage toys/vintage scale. This is amazing work, not a diorama - a high quality model. Can't wait to see it finished mate :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom