Premier League 2020/2021 Thread

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Can we just send Jordan Henderson home now please? We know, as he's a Liverpool player, he will only get injured as soon as he sets foot on the pitch.
I long long long since got sick of all these injuries for Pool players. Hopefully TAA's isn't too serious and he is ready for the start of the season.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
And Rashford he's going to be burnt out out by his late 20's, loads of other top players that can play in his position.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
weasel said:
Nah leave him. Utd had feck all injuries last year. They are due a few (dozen) :wink:

Rashford has been playing with an injury for the past year!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Conte out of the running for the Spurs job due to concerns over transfer budget apparently. I bet I know how that conversation went:

Conte: You need 4 new defenders, so I want 200m to spend this summer
Levy: Er... that's one option, but how about you give Eric Dier and Sanchez another go!?

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
theforceuk said:
weasel said:
Nah leave him. Utd had feck all injuries last year. They are due a few (dozen) :wink:

Martial, Phil Jones and Greenwood has been carrying an underlying injury as well , but they don't count.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Michael Sith said:
theforceuk said:
weasel said:

Martial, Phil Jones and Greenwood has been carrying an underlying injury as well , but they don't count.

Yes very true, Phil Jones got injured in the first lock down and he really doesn't count! lol

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Conte out of the running for the Spurs job due to concerns over transfer budget apparently. I bet I know how that conversation went:

Conte: You need 4 new defenders, so I want 200m to spend this summer
Levy: Er... that's one option, but how about you give Eric Dier and Sanchez another go!?

Yeah, I was not surprised to see that one come to nothing. Saying that Conte is a bit like Jose. He likes buying ready made stars and tends to leave inside a few years with a mess for whoever follows him.
I think Spurs would be better going for someone who will bring through the kids and help develop those players you already have. Rather than a cheque book manager. Especially as Levy doesn't like spending money. No idea who that is though.

lejackal

Grand Master
A fantastic message from Southgate, well worth a read as an England fan or otherwise:
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/dear-england-gareth-southgate-euros-soccer?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Nuno to Spurs. A little underwhelming compared to some of the other names in contention, but I want to give him a chance, he did a good job at Wolves. I'm at least glad we have gone for somebody with previous PL experience. As I've said before though I think the manager is the least of our worries, if the club doesn't back _enter manager's name here_ to sort out our defence then nothing will change.

Oh and Sancho to United. Let's hope Harry wins the Euros with England to satisfy his desire for trophies so he stays at Spurs. I can dream :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Nuno to Spurs was always on, good to see him get a big job. Sancho to Man United should have happened last summer but United wouldn't pay the £100 million plus for him.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Do you think Kane will leave this season? Whoever buys him will have to have deep pockets think realistically it's only city.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
lejackal said:
Only 2 years for Nuno doesn't exactly scream confidence from the board/Levi

I don't know why they bother with manager contract lengths, they never stick to them anyway. If he lasts the two years, that will be a good effort!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
DarthHamblin said:
Do you think Kane will leave this season? Whoever buys him will have to have deep pockets think realistically it's only city.

I don't see anyone paying 150m for him based on his Euros performances so far. Hopefully it will have given Harry a bit of a reality check that the reason he's successful at Spurs is because the team is setup around him, in a team of stars he just gets lost in the middle and barely gets a touch.

lejackal

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
lejackal said:
Only 2 years for Nuno doesn't exactly scream confidence from the board/Levi

I don't know why they bother with manager contract lengths, they never stick to them anyway. If he lasts the two years, that will be a good effort!

Well yes, there is that. Five years just means a bigger payout when they get the sack I guess :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Nuno to Spurs. A little underwhelming compared to some of the other names in contention, but I want to give him a chance

Sounds pretty similar to my thinking. Not one to get the fans excited but possibly he is what Spurs need. We'll see.
Makes more sense than Palace apparently wanting to appoint Viera. A club who have 12 players out of contract and need a massive rebuild, appoint a guy with bog all experience. I don't see any problems at all!

edd_jedi said:
DarthHamblin said:

I don't see anyone paying 150m for him

I don't see anyone paying £150m for him....given his age and injury record. For that money you could get Mbappe or Haaland. Both are better, younger, less injury prone (so far) and have a **** tonne more top level experience, in Mbappe's case, and a hell of a lot for their age, in Haaland's.
No brainer for me.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Yeah of course you would go with the other 2, but it's not realistic PSG won't sell neither will dortmund especially after selling sancho and the players would have to ask to leave which I can't see happening. Kane's expressed his desire to leave and city need a proven goal scorer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom