Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

Lafos

Jedi Knight
kraftdermacht said:
wbobafett said:
Please check your Luke Farmboy! This is also a PBP (late) figure! I never saw one on a German card before! :O

Hi. My luck I did not buy this:

German_ESB_General_Mills_Luke_Skywalker.jpg

I noticed that the figure is cracked inside the bubble! I have to check who the seller was and what the history of this is.

Wolfgang
The blister was obiously attached the same the way as the highly discussed misbubbled Snowtrooper.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Do you think it might be worth compiling a list of what was bought from Toni by everyone?

This way we could look for details on specific figures and maybe green light others.

All mine are ESB 45b or ROTJ 45.

kraftdermacht

Padawan
Lafos said:
Wolfgang, do you have a GM 45 back (MOC or cardback) in possession with the english text on the back, that has a (german) PRICESTICKER affixed ?

As was already noted by Jason Palitoy ALL his loose cards and ALL my loose cards (and non Toni figures) do NOT have the English text on the back.

Points clearly to the theory that the cards with English text were rejected, put in storage and purchased later by someone.

Captainsolo1978

Jedi Master
I have four Palitoy Carded figs from Toni.

German Esb Han Solo and Han Bespin.

ROTJ C3 PO and Luke Tatooine , both 45 backs.

All are en route to my new home so can't check them. I have moved overseas.

kraftdermacht

Padawan
spoons said:
kraftdermacht said:
These are not from Toni:

non_toni_s.jpg

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang, these are potentially the most useful items in this thread. Do any of the bubbles have the crescent shape or dimpled pin-sized holes?

I checked 23 of Toni's GM figures from the early 2000. Non have the crescent shape or dimpled pin-sized holes yet. BUT the FX7 I got in 2005. Suddenly Toni had this in stock! And this FX7 has the dimples! Seems back in 2000 they did not have a bubble for FX7. Mid 2000s they were able to produce good replica bubbles and the dimples and pin-sized holes came up.

All the early 2000s GM figures look quite perfect. Bubbles attached in a factory like process. Different bubbles means also different tooling needed. They are professionally made. Nothing like the Snowtrooper crap we have seen.

Attachments

• fx7.jpg
    fx7.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 592
  • crescent.jpg
    crescent.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 598
  • dimple.jpg
    dimple.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 597

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
kraftdermacht said:
I checked 23 of Toni's GM figures from the early 2000. Non have the crescent shape or dimpled pin-sized holes yet.

Do any of your double stemmed MOCs that are not from TT have the triangle shaped iron marks, usually seen between the double stem area?

chiquetaba

Youngling
HI ALL.

THIS THREAD IS NOW EXTREMELY LONG AND NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO CATCH, WITHOUT MENTIONNING SIMILAR THREADS ON OTHER FORUMS.

IF WE WANT TO SPREAD THE WORD AND 'EDUCATE' THE COMMUNITY, I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE A BASIC THREAD, WITH NO REPLIES, PROVIDING :

- ALL THE ELEMENTS 'AT CHARGE' ALLOWING TO SPOT THOSE 'MODERN SEALS'

- THE (CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED) LIST OF CARDED FIGURES WITH BRAND/FRONT/BACK COMBINATIONS.

STEPHANE

plantman

Sith Lord
chiquetaba said:
HI ALL.

THIS THREAD IS NOW EXTREMELY LONG AND NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO CATCH, WITHOUT MENTIONNING SIMILAR THREADS ON OTHER FORUMS.

IF WE WANT TO SPREAD THE WORD AND 'EDUCATE' THE COMMUNITY, I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE A BASIC THREAD, WITH NO REPLIES, PROVIDING :

- THE (CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED) LIST OF CARDED FIGURES WITH BRAND/FRONT/BACK COMBINATIONS.

STEPHANE

please check this thread: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18756

Thanks,

Andy

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
chiquetaba said:
HI ALL.

STEPHANE

This has been done Steph:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18756

Pomse2001

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
Lots of talk about what we call these.

Ladies and gents I give you the....

TOC - Toni On Card

:)

Jason

Good Idea mate, wish he also could be on a TOC so he could not make more trouble with this TOC :(

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Hey Wolfgang...I think the same dimples can be seen on Josh's Dengar??:

021_zps6b856f0d.jpg

posted here:
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1104900-33/

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Whatever the outcome 'mud sticks' unfortunately and a couple of peoples reputation will now forever be called into question, with their involvement in this sorry story.

On another note, I just popped into the Flea Market to see what MOC's were on sale, and in a 'certain' cabinet was the usual stuff a yellowed, creased Logray, Bib Fortuna & this Threepio. No waffle pattern, very bright unpunched, spotless card, no pink dot, no printing errors, and a very clear bubble. £50

DSC_2071.jpg

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
RS thread from 2003:
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t809708/

Billy_Boy said:

Over a decade ago I truly 'struggled' to find the 'almost fabled' Palitoy RotJ 45 back of the 'Tri-logo' (light blue) Boba Fett...BUT now there are quite a few 'out there'!?!

There is a rumoured 'theory' that many of the remaining figures near the demise of Palitoy in the UK, were carded on to any surplus cardback going?! = The 'Tri-logo' Boba Fett variant certainly would 'fit the bill'! = I didn't originally see an example at retail until late 1984 / early '85?!? So how did it end up on the late 1982 / early '83 45 back?

= Palitoy had a Boba Fett on the Tri-logo card too!

Does anyone know where this 'glut' of European 45 backs actually/specifically came from???

Bill

...and:

Billy_Boy said:
Sure!...Not ALL German 45 backs are easy to find!

Far from it in fact! BUT just recently a LOT of 'case fresh' examples have been appearing?!

= Can anyone explain to me why?
confused.gif

ALL the Palitoy RotJ 45 back 'Tri-logo' Boba Fetts that have only recently appeared seem to be in near 'perfect' condition too?!

= Am I the only collector to find this a little 'odd'? + Does anyone have a 'worn' carded example below 'C8'???

Bill

And that is the same question 10 years later:

Has anyone ever seen a lightblue "trilogo" Fett on a worn ROTJ 45C or 65 back??

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
What details are needed for each MOC to generate a list?

01: Logo
02: Figure
03: Back
04: Bubble
05: Details of markings on offer

What else?

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Maulster79 said:
What details are needed for each MOC to generate a list?

01: Logo
02: Figure
03: Back
04: Bubble
05: Details of markings on offer

What else?

I can help with Coo as far as possible.

Lafos

Jedi Knight
The left cardback front is missing some stars obviously. Background colours are different.

The punchholes are different regarding shape & position.

uqk1.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom