Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

kraftdermacht

Padawan
edd_jedi said:
kraftdermacht said:
I checked 23 of Toni's GM figures from the early 2000. Non have the crescent shape or dimpled pin-sized holes yet.

Do any of your double stemmed MOCs that are not from TT have the triangle shaped iron marks, usually seen between the double stem area?

Non of my double stemmed MOCs have triangle shaped iron marks. Not the ones from Toni (early 2000s purchases) and not the ones from other sources.

olisuds

Sith Lord
Joseph_Y said:
ace said:
M4K3R1 said:
So what, i dont get it.
You seem to think it is OK.
He is also reponsible for at least 500++++ of these being out ther now.

hi M4K3R1 i did not know there was anything untoward with the background of these figures when i sold them , i knew there was issue with the way some of them had been packaged but never really worried about it at the time and sold them at the same price a lose figures

so i did not do anything wrong , its no different then the collectors that have bought and sold these figures over the last 20 years they did not know like my self there was anything wrong with these figures ether .

i have not done anything that is underhand or wrong in any way.

i hope that clear this up for you

jason

Time for me to be the asshole that says what at least half of the people here are thinking right now..... Jason, when you bought the Fetts and Snowys you even have said that you knew the bubbles weren't "right" and you knew that the 25,000 other items were unsealed cardbacks and bubbles....... and DIDN'T think that there was something wrong with selling these figures that you had bought that the seals didn't seem right on?.. But you sold them along anyway....... You show up at a toy fair with some pieces that were supposedly from Toni, but are far worse than any of other things we've seen from him, after you'd claimed to have sold off everything else that could connect you to that situation...... It all seems a bit like a calculated revenge **** if you ask me. I'm past the point of thinking that Toni's 100% innocent of something wrong, but I'm definitely not convinced that you're being 100% honest either.

Cheers
Joe

Well said Joe.

Its threads like these that I wish there was a "like" button then I wouldn't have to trawl through a 100 pages just to find something of value to the discussion.

M4K3R1 said:
[
But were is the hard and concrete proof that TT is actually doing the sealling himself.
As for TT bying the U grade figures that match up to the type of figures TT is selling on sealed cards,
can you or anyone actually match a loose figure TT bought to one TT sold on a sealled card.
If you cant, then all you have is TT selling the post factory seals unknowinglly, just the same as you did.
Not questioning the the post factory sealed debate,
but the fact that you are still acusing him of doing the sealling himself,
with out the solid evidence need to prove this.

Hope you understand what i am trying to convey to you.
Regards.
Oscar.

I think this is a great point. People really should be paying more attention to matching his loose figures to the MOCs he is selling otherwise we'll have another 100 pages of circumstantial evidence to trawl through!

@Joe O: I said i was taking a break from this thread but I got a day "working" from home LOL :)

Although still not sure I can be bothered to make it to page 97.

kraftdermacht

Padawan
Lafos said:
The left cardback front is missing some stars obviously. Background colours are different.

The punchholes are different regarding shape & position.

uqk1.jpg

What leads to the "rejected because of quality issues" theory would be more the very dark stripes cross the logo. I find these on several of my TT figures but not on my loose cards.

olisuds

Sith Lord
Guys how do we know the factory didn't try and pump out the poor QC stuff at the end when they were about to close down or after they closed. And this could be the stuff Arthur or Toni picked up.

I've seen businesses close down and all sorts of stuff is sometimes salvaged for selling to make a last few bucks and reduce waste.

I think you are putting a lot of effort into this but have you really thought about what its going to achieve? More circumstantial evidence of which we already have nearly 100 pages.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I think all we will get is circumstantial.

Is it unusual or standard practice to have several combinations of one figure back?

benny100

Sith Lord
Lafos said:
The left cardback front is missing some stars obviously. Background colours are different.

The punchholes are different regarding shape & position.

uqk1.jpg

Isn't the fx-7 facing the wrong way? Pretty much every one I've seen has the arm towards the left.

itfciain

Grand Master
olisuds said:
Guys how do we know the factory didn't try and pump out the poor QC stuff at the end when they were about to close down or after they closed. And this could be the stuff Arthur or Toni picked up.

I've seen businesses close down and all sorts of stuff is sometimes salvaged for selling to make a last few bucks and reduce waste.

I think you are putting a lot of effort into this but have you really thought about what its going to achieve? More circumstantial evidence of which we already have nearly 100 pages.

Oli - I see your point about this been old stock but all this would go away if Toni posted up a picture of this 'stock' - he has had lots of chances to do this - and any reason not to (i.e. devaluing his stock) has gone out of the window as his reputation is now in tatters

olisuds

Sith Lord
Toni isn't going to post a picture of his stock or anything else and Jason isn't going to post his list.

Another 100 pages of studying bubbles, seals and card QC issues isn't going to get us any further than we already are.

Sorry to be negative but I think this is spiraling out of control when we start analysing which direction FX-7s arm faces.

itfciain

Grand Master
olisuds said:
Toni isn't going to post a picture of his stock or anything else

But why wouldn't you if it would put all this to bed?

I also think you are being a bit dismissive of people's efforts to try and find out what is going on - a lot of people have £100's if not £1000's tied up in all of this mess and are rightly worried

plantman

Sith Lord
Toni being silent is all the proof i need personally but like Joe says if we can find one of his U grade figures mounted on a card that would be perfect.

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Shop sold cardbacks also have those dark stripes across the logo. I noticed them on a load of cardbacks I just received, so went and checked my childhood ones and some of them also had the stripes. It is amazing the things the eye can see miss for years.

Printing errors on some cardbacks but not others from the same batch, should not surprise anyone.

Think of the big trilogo 'proof sheet' / chromlin that was just shown at FF4. There may be 4 Han Trench coat cards produced per batch, but a printing error may only be present on one tiny part of a printing plate and therefore you could easily end up with 3 Han cards with no marks, but the 4th Han may have blemishes.

I don't own any carded figures. I think anyone who has bought a carded figure from TT in the last few months should send close up pics to Olisuds to compare with the U grade figure purchases. Otherwise you will never find out when and who has been doing the 'suspect' sealing.

Or does anyone know of a Star Wars collector who also happens to work for MI5/MI6 who could go and fit hidden recording devices at key locations. It would be great to have a fly on the wall!

kraftdermacht said:
What leads to the "rejected because of quality issues" theory would be more the very dark stripes cross the logo. I find these on several of my TT figures but not on my loose cards.

olisuds

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
olisuds said:
Toni isn't going to post a picture of his stock or anything else

But why wouldn't you if it would put all this to bed?

I also think you are being a bit dismissive of people's efforts to try and find out what is going on - a lot of people have £100's if not £1000's tied up in all of this mess and are rightly worried

Iain, I agree, why wouldn't you post a picture if it put all this to bed. I'm just saying he's not going to. Just like Jason is not going to produce the list.

I'm not being dismissive of people's efforts but we have 100 pages with a lot of circumstantial evidence so far. Most of Toni's MOCs are pristine condition and analysing minuscule details or slight QC errors is not going to achieve anything further that what we already know. It's not the smoking gun! It doesn't prove Toni sealed the MOCs and so far we have no proof that the MOCs Jason provided with the earlier poor attempt to seal the bubble originated from Toni either. These have been circulating for more than 20 years in extremely high numbers so they aren't just coming from Toni now. Many will have been sold on many many times. Who knows for sure whether the effected MOCs ALL originate from Toni or not. Who knows whether the Palitoy factory didnt just pump out all the poor QC MOCs when they were closing down to salvage some money. How can you piece evidence together from 25 years ago and come to a solid and certain conclusion for something so complex?

All I'm saying is that before we post another 100 pages why dont we try and think what direction this is heading in and what we are trying to achieve.

Also Iain I have provided details of Toni's 30 other eBay IDs for his second account used to by loose figures. I have also downloaded macro photos for all the loose mint figures he has purchased over the last month that have likely ended up on MOCs he has sold. I have asked for help in IDing the loose figures against his MOCs but no one has taken me up on this offer despite it being the only conclusive way to catch him in action red handed.

So I think Iain you are reading me being dismissive when really it is frustration at everyone running around like headless chickens and not getting anywhere.

itfciain

Grand Master
Oli, I am not questioning your effort and appreciate what you are doing with the loose figures. I can only guess that no-one reading these threads has purchased a MOC from Toni in the past 30 days

Oh, and although we have no proof that JJ's cards came from TT - a member has produced a card that he purchased from TT that shows the 'iron marks' so there is a small trail there

Finally, the 'running around like headless chickens' has bought us to this point - where even Toni's most loyal defenders are not able to make excuses anymore

galactables

Padawan
Maulster79 said:
Palitoy78 said:
Also Rob seems to think that some being deemed as forged bv Toni,could well be legit.Trust me,he would know as loads have passed his hands.He also has very good info about Toni and 'U' grades.

Lets just try to put the 'U' grading digs and comments to one side,and see what Robbie has to say.I can assure you that you will be happy you did.Robbie knows a lot about this situation and has been thinking about it a lot,so instead of harsh,uncalled for comments let talk some sense,and get a bit more information on our sides.

Lee

What? What you looking at? :lol:

Robbie- im sure as a business that you don't want strangers going through you paperwork, but if you could give some concrete information to one of the MODs on here, I think it would be great to correlate which figures a bought in quantities.

I think it maybe possible, to narrow down these backing cards to just a few MOCs.

Grant, you really have annoyed me over the last year or so. So much so, that you were one of the reasons I attended CE2. Nevertheless, I'm over that now and no longer have any beef with you. You angered me with a post on RS (admittedly you did delete it), but the past is the past.

Look, I am not out to bring anybody down. I am sitting on a lot of stuff from Toni which is being called in to question, so I have every right to be annoyed by all this. I have mentioned the figures in question and I keep all my records and emails. I have no proof that Toni was doing anything wrong, and neither has anybody, so I am not going to crucify the guy. If, as alleged, Toni has been doing this for many many years, then getting u grades from me just in recent years, really doesn't add much weight to the fact that he has been buying u grades on ebay. Everything is purely circumstantial so far.

olisuds

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
Oli, I am not questioning your effort and appreciate what you are doing with the loose figures. I can only guess that no-one reading these threads has purchased a MOC from Toni in the past 30 days

Oh, and although we have no proof that JJ's cards came from TT - a member has produced a card that he purchased from TT that shows the 'iron marks' so there is a small trail there

Finally, the 'running around like headless chickens' has bought us to this point - where even Toni's most loyal defenders are not able to make excuses anymore

I highly doubt that no one on reading this thread has bought a MOC from Toy Toni in the last 30 days. I think more likely that my offer was lost amongst the 98 pages that people can no longer be bothered to read.

Lets face it how many people can say they have read all 98 pages of this thread. We're probably already over the 100 page mark before I've finished this post.

Anyway I wont let my frustration boil over and I will leave it at that and check in again in another 100 pages to see where this is at.

itfciain

Grand Master
For all those who don't want to read the 100 pages then this is a good summary from Josh over on TIG

JJ = Jason joiner TT = Toy Toni

Dec 3rd 2013
* JJ is invited onto the forum (SWFUK) by Maulster (Grant) to discuss his (JJ) Palitoy VC jawa and other things.

Dec 5th 2013 The day it all went pear shaped.

*JJ during a post about back in the day lets slip that there was a huge quantity, 25,000 total, of unused card backs and blisters that ended up in Toni's Hands. These were dealt through a chap named Arthur.

*MR Palitoy (Jason) picks up on this and I am sure others did, and the **** storm starts from here.

*Two other collectors either confirm the card back story (To a degree), or give an account of hearing about TT buying up loose figures being passed around the grapevine.

*TT comes on and gives an account of what happened. Says he hasn't really had much to do with Arthur, says he bought a few bits off him, no card backs, and puts it down to a fabrication by JJ. It calms things down a little and the shift turns back onto JJ for a while.

*Lots of speculation about the heat sealing process ensues. And bubble checking begins.

*Chris Caswellbot gives an account of a discussion with Jim Stevenson to clarify earlier what he had wrote. Again he confirms Jim recalls TT buying a load of stuff including unused card backs (no mention of bubbles)

*Speculation about what is going on with the card backs from Germany is starting to gather speed.

*More talk of the heat sealing process being to difficult according to 'Experts' in the field.

* Mr Shifter discovers Arthur and Toni were partners. Toni's explanation is it was an internet company Arthur wanted help with starting up. All TT said he did was set it up as Arthur wasn't that switched on in that regard.

*Most people who were leaning towards Jason being full of s--- start heading towards the other side of the fence.

*Wolf is starting to realise anomalies he has spotted in the past with his COO guide are starting to make sense if random figures had been carded onto unused card backs.

* James Simmonds gives an account of hearing Jason talking to one of his workers at a con saying the Fetts he has for sale are being made up for sale. He takes this as JJ is making these Fett's

*Palitoy ROTJ Fett's go under the microscope

Dec 11th 2013

*A second eBay account for TT is revealed by Joe O. It is buying up minty and "u" graded figures in quantity that happened to match his sales list for carded figures or strikingly close.

*Rangers Jedi says he has sold loads of loose figures to the second account belonging to tony. He particularly liked Yoda.

*TT asked to explain by Mr Palitoy via email...no response or flippant reply.

*TT hides eBAy account from view. And at this point it is also revealed the account has had it's name changed 30 times over the years.

Dec 15th 2013 It all happens pretty quick from now on...

*Mattias mentions something he has felt was not quite right with the examples he had from Toy Toni stock. Errors with the cards to do with the printing. Unused card backs and MOC appear to have the same print error but don't don't seem to match wild caught MOC examples of the same figure (c3PO)

*JJ meets with collectors @ FF4. He brings with him 17 MOC figures and it is shown how some of these cards have been sealed. The use of a household iron and spray on glue in some cases.

*TT remains quiet at this stage

*Collectors are furiously trying to work out effected pieces.

*TT replies to Jason via email which once again lacks any serious defence of the allegations that have been presented.

Chico

Jedi Knight
I think an important discovery by Maulster79 has been missed in the last few pages:

and then theres the Hoth Trooper.

I got this in 1995.

No red dot.

Has Iron marks on bubble and scuffs.

Jason- I got this from you. :roll:

His came from JJ when they are being pinned on Toni. Apart from Maulster79 the only other established member of this forum that said they had a similar 'ironed' hoth trooper like this was Lee Gray - who thought it came from Jim Stevenson. Again not Toni

Some 'new' members have appeared on this forum in the last week or so and are throwing a serious amount of mud all in one direction. And to me it appears agenda driven.

The actual evidence that has been contributed by established and trusted members of this forum does not look good for Toni. However some of the other 'evidence' doesn't add up and i don't think we're asking the right questions about certain people's motivations on here. If mud is flying lets make sure it sticks to the right people!!! :x

jay4

Jedi Knight
im wandering if anyone has noticed any type of paintwear on any figures under the bubbles that arent condusive with factory error or paint rubbing of inside bubble ? just on my 2001/2002 tt bought direct gm bossk he has paint loss on 3 toes onfront and underneath on one foot and same on 2 toes the other .ive examined the bubble and theres no evidence of rub off or paint transfer AT ALL not a single piece of green paint evident on bubble ! sort of making me think that a bossk that wasnt quite minty mint was placed on the card in hope it would not be noticed or is it wear from factory ? can feet really suffer that much paint loss within a bubble and not leave any trace at all ? i dont know - i hadnt noticed before it was only by photo enlargement is een it proper

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom