The Book of Boba Fett Discussion Thread (Episode Spoilers Allowed!)

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Got to say I really enjoyed the 4th episode! Looks like it's going to get better?? Nice to see Slave 1 make an appearance and she sounds sweet 👍

Pomse2001

Grand Master
The 4th episode is the best so far. But there is still something that I think is not correct for the star wars universe.

The swoop gang, looks still like some hells angels bikers, leather coats and marks on the backs, they could have done that much better. I am glad that boba killed them so that error is out of the series.

All the Cyborg stuff also feels to wrong for me. Ok I know luke got a new hand and I also remember lobot. But all the cyborg stuff was hidden or most of it. Also the cloth and the yellow curled hair on the black dude, do not look right for the star wars universe :rolleyes:

Also the skinny gamorrean guards is wrong, please replace them (n)

But the rest was awesome, I loved the Rancors fingers coming up from the dungeon under the floor. The pit of carkoon and the inside of jabba's palace. Not that I recognized any of the rooms from return of the jedi, only the throne room.

01.jpeg

02.jpg

03.png

UKS

Jedi Knight
In terms of Boba's ship. I would just claim that people pronounce it wrong. Claim it's pronounced SLAV-EYE.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
What a brilliant episode!!! Even made me feel warm and fuzzy about The Phantom Menace! This is Star Wars :cool: Building up really nicely...

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
What a brilliant episode!!! Even made me feel warm and fuzzy about The Phantom Menace! This is Star Wars :cool: Building up really nicely...
I've got to wait until tomorrow to watch it, how the other half live hey. lol

UKS

Jedi Knight
Oh today was good, if slightly off track. And also completely on track. If that makes sense!

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
This show is so schizophrenic, it's hard to get a handle on it. This felt like Mando Ep17 rather than BOBF.
Saying that, there was much to enjoy in this episode. Again there were some odd creative choices which were a bit cringeworthy, but overall they didn't detract from a great episode.
The opening scene was especially good, with some much needed violence and the Darksabres re-appearance (the butchers wearing very contemporary Tartan flat caps and beanies was an odd choice , but heh-ho 🙄).
Loved the Mandalore flashback (very Terminator-esque) and the Mos Eisley scenes. Amy Sedaris' character is still an acquired taste though (Jawa dating...really??).

Overall a very enjoyable episode and building nicely. Shame it's taken until the last couple of episodes to get going. 8/10

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
A very enjoyable episode of 'The Mandalorian', sorry, 'The Book of Boba Fett'. I did hear a rumour (possibly completely bogus), that originally the second season of 'The Mandalorian' was due to be twice as long as it was and include all the content of 'TBOBF'. Disney, so the rumour goes, wanted a separate Boba Fett show, and hence season 2 of Mando was cut to 8 episodes, matching season 1, and most of the Boba Fett content was kept back for 'TBOBF'. If that rumour is true, it certainly explains a lot. It explains why 'TBOBF', enjoyable though it's been, still feels disjointed and lacking something; it would originally have been interwoven with Mando's story and presumably there would have been more Mando and less Boba. But by excising the Boba stuff into its own series, they had to rework it, cutting Mando stuff and adding new Boba content, with mixed results.

Regardless of whether that rumour is true or not, episode 5 was terrific. Not perfect, but still pretty damn good, and it even made me like the Naboo N1 Starfighter for the first time ever! It also makes me extremely optimistic for the 2 remaining episodes... Bring 'em on! :)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Really liked episode 5, the A-Team style build of the Naboo star fighter was great. Makes you realise how much better the Mandalorian is tho! Hope @Cazza is ok.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
A very enjoyable episode of 'The Mandalorian', sorry, 'The Book of Boba Fett'. I did hear a rumour (possibly completely bogus), that originally the second season of 'The Mandalorian' was due to be twice as long as it was and include all the content of 'TBOBF'. Disney, so the rumour goes, wanted a separate Boba Fett show, and hence season 2 of Mando was cut to 8 episodes, matching season 1, and most of the Boba Fett content was kept back for 'TBOBF'. If that rumour is true, it certainly explains a lot. It explains why 'TBOBF', enjoyable though it's been, still feels disjointed and lacking something; it would originally have been interwoven with Mando's story and presumably there would have been more Mando and less Boba. But by excising the Boba stuff into its own series, they had to rework it, cutting Mando stuff and adding new Boba content, with mixed results.

Regardless of whether that rumour is true or not, episode 5 was terrific. Not perfect, but still pretty damn good, and it even made me like the Naboo N1 Starfighter for the first time ever! It also makes me extremely optimistic for the 2 remaining episodes... Bring 'em on! :)
Oh…come on now…that ship is a classic.🤔

Latest posts

Top Bottom