The imaginatively titled Premier League 21/22 Thread

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Agreed.

Like when Utd sacked Moyesy and OGS. Both were doing superb jobs and just needed time to take Utd back to their true level (League one)! Delusions of adequacy never mind grandeur! ;-)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes I think a lot of fans are guilty of "we should be here in the table" based on nothing more than ancient history or the amount of shirts they sell. It's going to be a long time until the likes of Barcelona, United and Arsenal are genuine competitors for the title again unless City and Liverpool suffer catastrophic implosions, at least Leicester fans generally seem to accept their title was a fluke and mid table is about right based on their current squad, spending, manager etc (the things that actually dictate your league position.)

In other news, you now need a minimum of 4 covid cases to postpone a match.

lejackal

Grand Master
It's guidance, not a rule change. You could still do an Arsenal if you wanted to and avoid punishment imo (although you might have to go to CAS etc)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes I think a lot of fans are guilty of "we should be here in the table" based on nothing more than ancient history or the amount of shirts they sell. It's going to be a long time until the likes of Barcelona, United and Arsenal are genuine competitors for the title again unless City and Liverpool suffer catastrophic implosions, at least Leicester fans generally seem to accept their title was a fluke and mid table is about right based on their current squad, spending, manager etc (the things that actually dictate your league position.)

In other news, you now need a minimum of 4 covid cases to postpone a match.
I agree to a degree, but if Watford had spent what Man Utd had done in the last 10 years and consistently been in the top 3 clubs in the world for revenue then I would have expected Watford to at least challenge for the title in that time. I actually think Newcastle are closer to winning a title than Man Utd and that's because their owners will want Newcastle to be the best club in the world, not just the richest. I bet the glaziers and Woodward have their own little WhatsApp group with their own league table for richest clubs in the world and Man Utd are always in the top 4.

As for Barcelona they will be back winning league titles and getting to the later stages of the CL within 2 seasons. Again the people who run Barcelona will do what ever it takes to get them back, even if it's not legal. Barcelona will always be a huge pull for the best players in the world.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes three days until deadline day, and no business for Spurs yet, aside from renewing our keeper who really is now old enough to need replacing, and offering Wolves less than they paid for him for Traoure (who no surprise turned it down!) I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Spurs HQ considering Conte has a reputation for spending and apparently has made it clear what he wants. Obviously I'm not expecting a complete rebuild in one window, but to do zero business this month would not look good for a team with ambition but such clearly gaping holes. I would be very happy with just one new center back, even that would make a big difference.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes three days until deadline day, and no business for Spurs yet, aside from renewing our keeper who really is now old enough to need replacing, and offering Wolves less than they paid for him for Traoure (who no surprise turned it down!) I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Spurs HQ considering Conte has a reputation for spending and apparently has made it clear what he wants. Obviously I'm not expecting a complete rebuild in one window, but to do zero business this month would not look good for a team with ambition but such clearly gaping holes. I would be very happy with just one new center back, even that would make a big difference.
As a fellow Spurs supporter, you won't need me to tell you not to hold your breath! I genuinely don't understand the thinking at Spurs when it comes to transfers. Lewis and Levy seem to want success, but without paying for it. Well guess what...?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Its worrying that Liverpool and City are the only teams adding to their squad in this window. Man Utd in dire need of a DM but nothing happening, joke of a club.

lejackal

Grand Master
Arsenal are trying (I think) to get a couple of new faces in, although we were well and truly lead up the garden path with the vivochochchchchch (can't be arsed to look how to spell it) bloke. At this rate we'll swap Auba for some magic beans and resign Wilshere

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think Arsenal and Spurs will add to their squad, but Man Utd I can't see it. Annoying because their are some cheap options that are low risk for the DM position.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Everton aren't really going to go for Lampard are they, surely nobody in their right mind thinks this is going to end well. He was mid-table with practically the same squad Tuchel has now, do you need any more evidence that a manager doesn't just sit there while the players do all the work...

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Meanwhile at Arsenal….

That's brilliant. Bloody accurate too!

Everton aren't really going to go for Lampard are they, surely nobody in their right mind thinks this is going to end well. He was mid-table with practically the same squad Tuchel has now, do you need any more evidence that a manager doesn't just sit there while the players do all the work...
Yeah, someone is going to have to explain that one to me. Fat Frank took the 4th best side in the Championship to…..fourth in the Championship. Then got the Chelsea job and while he did ok, Tuchel showed pretty bloody quickly how much more the squad had. How the **** that qualifies him to manage a club in turmoil and a relegation fight is beyond me. They genuinely could go down now. And he is MAD if he takes the job.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
If the story is true, and i hope, for her sake more than his, that it is some sick wind up or "joke", then his career is ruined and he should never be seen on a football pitch as a professional again.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Let's wait and see, although it very much looks that way. Career over and all that, if it's true then rightly so. But as others have said my thoughts are with the victims.

lejackal

Grand Master
Based on the audio recording and the photo I dont fancy his chances. Hopefully the girl is okay

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom