what to do next

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
well i prob got 2 more figs to get once next couple of deals are sorted which leaves me with a problem.
Just dont know what to do nextdoes any one se e the point in just buying stuff to stick in cupboards.gonna display me loose collection then either gonna call it a day or may just get a few pieces that hold a lot of memories .prime, megatron ,prowl ,jazz,he man ,skeletor. Also may get some 12 inch figs darth, c3p0 r2 and stormtrooper never saw any of other 12 inch as a kid so no appeal to me.
Though for some reason i tend to look at me loose collection and see a nice holiday lol

PGowdy

Grand Master
I've got a long way to complete my loose and am in no hurry cos like you say- what next??
I also agree that it's not as good if you can't display the stuff. All my stuff is on display and if i ran out o room i would either make more room or stop buying stuff.
I also collect other toy lines from my childhood- Visionaries, MASK, Transformers etc etc and also Panini and Topps stickers.
It's kind of endless that way and could easily keep me busy for 10 years.
Of course, there's always MOCs.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
mate me and moc,s dont get on they soon become mint loose lol. I got to get a prime and megatron and prowel as for he man prob just get a he man and skeletor as the size and amount of figs is just to much

Chewie

Jedi Master
I've also found myself in the same situation, But its like an addiction i can't seem to stop :shock: There is no point me collecting MOC as i've nowhere to put them.....same goes for vehicles.

I've just found myself buying AFA rarer figures VC Jawa/Blue Snag but got them now.....Not got a Luke DT yet though. I've thought about collecting the Ewoks/Droids but i didn't watch the cartoon, so don't see the point getting them as i would be buying them just for the sake of it...

plantman

Sith Lord
I still havnt found the urge to buy any more SW, i got sick of buying stuff and just storing it away.

Ive got a lot of he man stuff on the go as its far cheaper and my son loves it, even the new classics line is real quality.

I think my next SW buy will be a load of used figures and vehicles that i can give to my son and play with, its the only way ill get enjoyment from what i have obtianed...and they were made to be polayed with :)

Andy

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
Yeah jabba I kinda got the same problem , initially I went nuts and tried to get one if everything I was interested in . I had achieved my loose collection (as I saw it) pretty quick as I didn't care about condition of completeness . But as I had no where to display I soon decided to sell the loose and vehicles as I had got the buzz of seeing the toys from my childhood again and then they were packed off into boxes.

But unlike others it didn't mean stopping or slowing down , instead of collecting more variations I just focused on what I really liked as a kid and now ,,,,,,Imperials .

Now I have a focus that probably can never be finished , this year I hope to hit 250 imperials then onto my ultimate objective 500 stormies lined up in a diorama hanger. Well maybe in cabinets .

But I still enjoy the bargain hunting and the hunts for lots and local stuff

Boba 71

Padawan
I find I now have to be very selective with what I buy due to money (second kid is now 8 weeks old)
I was very lucky, I collected the figures as they came out so I never had the hassle and cost, I remember buying 9 of the last 17 in one go for 99p each!
I don't think you lose the bug of collecting but I do think it comes in waves. I had all my childhood stuff stored for a good 10 years before I picked it up again.

Rich.b

Padawan
In a similar situation myself mate, as my loose set nears completion I have been wondering where to go from here. I dont have the space or the budget for a moc collection and I dont think I have the self discipline for a focus collection.
I have started to buy trading cards from various Star Wars sets as they are another thing I remember collecting as a kid but its not the same as the toys.
I dont want to be a varient deviant and dont remember droids or ewoks figures so am unsure where to go next with regards to the figures, I have a couple of mini-rigs and may go down the boxed mini-rig and creature collecting route....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom