What annoys you the most in this hobby?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Richard_H said:
Collectors with egos the size of the ****ing planet who think that the world revolves around them.

So eloquently put, summed up in less words exactly what I was trying to say. :lol:

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Here's an extremely petty annoyance for you.

For some reason, people still getting the character names wrong really gets on my tits :lol:

"Darth Vardar"
"Hans Solo"
"Princess Leah" etc.

I mean, these character names have only been around for the last 40 years. Jeez :roll:

subzero

Sith Lord
Twin30mm said:

For some reason, people still getting the character names wrong really gets on my tits :lol:

"Darth Vardar"
"Hans Solo"
"Princess Leah" etc.

I mean, these character names have only been around for the last 40 years. Jeez :roll:

Nothing makes me more angry than seeing the words "Hans Solo" in an ebay listing :evil:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
subzero said:
Twin30mm said:

"Darth Vardar"
"Hans Solo"
"Princess Leah" etc.

Nothing makes me more angry than seeing the words "Hans Solo" in an ebay listing :evil:
The one that always winds me up is 'Star War'. How hard is it to know that it's 'Star Wars', for Christ's sake?! It's only one of the most famous and successful films, franchises and merchandising lines ever! How can you possibly have heard of Star Wars and yet think it's called 'Star War'?!... GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

x-pack

Grand Master
People who say they've never seen Star Wars. Ok they may not be part of the hobby as such but they get on my tits.

This is possibly a wider thing in that if you've never seen Star Wars then you probably just don't like watching films, and that rags me as well. I know a few people of around my age who say they never saw films like The Goonies. It makes me wonder what they were doing through the 80's! Something else and something weird that wasn't part of the world I lived in :?

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
Millennium Falcon - Complete, just missing training ball.

AT-AT - Complete, just missing chin guns.

IT'S NOT ****ING COMPLETE THEN IS IT!!!!!

Jez

Sith Lord
Scammers
Liars
Flippers
Repro
Dust
Bickering/Children
Ignorance
Some Facebook rules
Accidental breakages
U grading

However, it's still a great passion and good will always overcome. I get annoyed with my kids but i still love them dearly.
We almost need another thread, what do you love about this hobby :)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I've been pondering this for the last week or so. I've come to the conclusion that things shouldn't annoy you in a hobby. It's supposed to be fun, enjoyable, a release from the pressures of life. The day things start to annoy me is the day I'll pack it in. I think some people get far too uptight about it all. Yeah sure it can be frustrating but sometimes you have to remember it's only mass produced plastic toys. It's the films, my general fandom and love of Star Wars that's more important than what I own.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I'll steal these from Jez:

- Scammers
- Liars
- Flippers
- Repro
- U grading

and I'll add in

- V1, V2 weapon etc. classifications - too anal for my liking and I personally don't agree with some of the assumptions being drawn
- Trolls - where do they get the time, why do we all feed them?
- urban myths and its associated ignorance
- posturing - including but not limited to some FB Admins acting like they have some importance in the hobby rather than selflessly facilitating as they should, money throwing, public generosity rather than being thanked after for doing something quietly, mail call posts, billy big bollocks turning up for a few days with a massive credit card limit and then buggering off

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Within the last two or three weeks I've had two eBay purchases cancelled, one because he had lost the item, the other because she had listed accidentally because she had sold the item last week.

If you're not going to be satisfied with the price your auction finishes at, then start your auction higher or set a reserve dammit! Although my payments were refunded, it's really annoyinng when you've followed an auction all week and then been delighted with a bit of a bargain.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I must be lucky as I have never had a eBay win cancelled, yet...
But when a seller uses such poor lies something should be done by eBay.
How can you lose something that you took pictures of a week ago, or forgot you have sold an item already, just blatant lies.

subzero

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
I must be lucky as I have never had a eBay win cancelled, yet...
But when a seller uses such poor lies something should be done by eBay.
How can you lose something that you took pictures of a week ago, or forgot you have sold an item already, just blatant lies.

Iv'e had it happen only once, won some Star Wars comics in a '7 day auction' at a bargain price I could not believe, next morning the seller just says... "i'm refunding you because I meant to start the auction at 'X price' and if the only thing that can happen is negative feedback then i'm refunding you, why should I lose out on money?" ( seller's actual words ).

It would be good if there was a system in place where the item is posted to an ebay depo before the auction starts, effectively holding the item in a kind of 'escrow' then seller's can't be dishonest and back out. When the auction is over ebay ships it out and the seller can't do anything to **** the buyer about, it would give buyers more confidence to bid, a bargain should be a bargain won fair & square and that's that, if it was the other way around these seller's would flip out and give neg fb if they had the same cancellation happen to them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom