What annoys you the most in this hobby?

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Happened to me the other week; won a 30 back Palitoy Fett cardback for £35 - absolute bargain and I was made up. Paid straight away but funds were returned 2 days later. Apparently a couple of people approached the seller after the auction closed saying they weren't able to bid for some reason. In the name of 'fairness' to these people the seller thought she out to run the auction again. She then resisted as a buy it now and it was snapped up for £150. Obviously I left the money grabbing whore negative feedback from which I got some satisfaction but it wasn't enough, so I spoke to eBay, laid out what happened and they've now banned the bitch faced ****.

And the therapy's going ok and I should be out in a couple of months.

:D :twisted:

subzero

Sith Lord
Lom said:
Happened to me the other week; won a 30 back Palitoy Fett cardback for £35 - absolute bargain and I was made up. Paid straight away but funds were returned 2 days later. Apparently a couple of people approached the seller after the auction closed saying they weren't able to bid for some reason. In the name of 'fairness' to these people the seller thought she out to run the auction again. She then resisted as a buy it now and it was snapped up for £150. Obviously I left the money grabbing whore negative feedback from which I got some satisfaction but it wasn't enough, so I spoke to eBay, laid out what happened and they've now banned the bitch faced ****.

Winner :D

Shame about losing out on such an amazing bargain, but at least she got a bit of good ol' karma in return which is a rare thing on ebay these days, ebay seem to usually let people get away with murder on there.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lom said:

I think for the sake of your therapy you should learn to say it how it is, as I am not sure how you feel about her! :lol:

Andy968

Padawan
eBay, the price hikes are mental. I remember a while back seeing a pair of AT-AT chin guns online for £20, now they're £50. Then they're is repro, this stuff looks pants, why do I want to do up my collection with stuff that is not real and looks fake?
Prices for me is what will slow me down.

subzero

Sith Lord
When you spot what you think is a MOC at a bargain price on ebay, then you go into the description and it says "recarded"

Wouldn't hurt to mention that in the main ****ing title lol.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Wildly exaggerated Ebay auction titles, e.g. "WOW.....HUGE vintage SW collection.....MUST SEE"

Click on the photo and it turns out to be a broken Mini-Rig, six beater figures and a pubic hair.

:evil: :evil:

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
All of the above... I go into every purchase with trepidation, expecting there to be a problem with every transaction. That way you are often surprised at how nice people can be. If you're careful after a while you can often tell when something is untoward. I'm no expert but if it looks too good to be true it usually it. The prices are horrendous but I don't set my sights on anything that I consider to be out of my grasp. The low ranking MOC's etc, sometimes pop up for an alright price. I try not to get annoyed as it's meant to be fun. It's like everything in life, there's always someone out there with an angle, I try not to rise to it.

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
subzero said:
When you spot what you think is a MOC at a bargain price on ebay, then you go into the description and it says "recarded"

But it has been painstakingly recarded tho :D

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I dipped into the carded jedi figures a few years back, bought 4 from 4 different sellers and everyone turned up damaged so I stopped right there

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
I dipped into the carded jedi figures a few years back, bought 4 from 4 different sellers and everyone turned up damaged so I stopped right there

Gotta love them sellers who put it in a damn jiffy bag with a single wrap of bubble wrap around it ( to stop it from getting crushed ) :lol:

Some of them still send it like that even when you politely request it be sent in a box and explain to them why, they're like "no **** you a jiffy bag will work"... and then it turns up like it's been through a garbage compactor on the detention level, grinds my gears that does!

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
subzero said:
pizzathehutt said:

Gotta love them sellers who put it in a damn jiffy bag with a single wrap of bubble wrap around it ( to stop it from getting crushed ) :lol:

Some of them still send it like that even when you politely request it be sent in a box and explain to them why, they're like "no **** you a jiffy bag will work"... and then it turns up like it's been through a garbage compactor on the detention level, grinds my gears that does!

the first one I received was a bib fortuna turned up with a cracked bubble, it was wrapped in a few sheets of kitchen roll and put inside a nike shoebox with nothing to stop it from moving around. idiots!

maxf

Jedi Master
Twin30mm said:
Click on the photo and it turns out to be a broken Mini-Rig, six beater figures and a pubic hair.

Link? I need a ginger to complete my run!

Awl Skulkerkey

Padawan
subzero said:

I couldn't agree more. Ebay should be held accountable for bell ends misleading main titles for items. If you went to Morrisons and bought a beef lasagne which later turned out to be horsemeat? - aargh bad example, that happened right? :lol:
Ok but if it is recarded then f*cking SAY SO.. don't try and hide that recarded word in the third paragraph down near the description ending just before postage details. Lying Ebay Wankers! Put them in a seperate section hidden away called 'Conman Corner Collectables' :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
Awl Skulkerkey said:
subzero said:

I couldn't agree more. Ebay should be held accountable for bell ends misleading main titles for items. If you went to Morrisons and bought a beef lasagne which later turned out to be horsemeat? - aargh bad example, that happened right? :lol:
Ok but if it is recarded then f*cking SAY SO.. don't try and hide that recarded word in the third paragraph down near the description ending just before postage details. Lying Ebay Wankers! Put them in a seperate section hidden away called 'Conman Corner Collectables' :lol:

Haha true, it's just dishonest and quite pathetic tbh, they're purposely not putting 'recard' in the title to force viewers to click on it and have a look just in case it changes our mind and it leads to a sale. Which actually does the complete opposite because all it does is causes massive disappointment when you finally read it's a recard, and the only ones who are ever gonna buy these pieces of **** are people actually looking for recarded figures, the genuine vintage collectors are never gonna bother buying them so there's no point in forcing us to click on it.

Yes they should be held accountable ( or the seller ) to some degree doing this, if this practice was done on amazon they wouldn't last 5 mins, can't get away with **** on amazon it's very strict there.

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
This sort of iss take really annoys me

Attachments

• IMG_0115.PNG
    IMG_0115.PNG
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,005

subzero

Sith Lord
Lol, now THAT'S taking the piss :evil:

Sad part is if some div actually buy's that then that could quickly become the new market price :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom