What annoys you the most in this hobby?

AllThings80s

Youngling
AFA Ready = I can't be arsed to grade it myself, but I'll happily charge you the price as if it was graded.
Rare = It's common.
Very Rare = It's even more common.
I'm No Expert = I know exactly what is wrong with it, but I'm not going to tell you.
Study The Pictures = Because I intentionally didn't describe the flaws in the description.
Slight Yellow Tint = The bubble is more yellow than the piss from a Scotsman after drinking 4 litres of Irn-Bru.
No Returns = When you receive this, you'll want a refund.
Sold as Seen = The reason I added only one picture from 10ft away is so that you can't see the damage done to it.
£12 P&P Charge = I'm going to send this via Yodel and keep the rest as profit.
Payment Within 24 Hours = I want your money now, but it'll take me 2 weeks to post it to you.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
AllThings80s said:
AFA Ready = I can't be arsed to grade it myself, but I'll happily charge you the price as if it was graded.
Rare = It's common.
I'm No Expert = I know exactly what is wrong with it, but I'm not going to tell you.
Study The Pictures = Because I intentionally didn't describe the flaws in the description.
Slight Yellow Tint = The bubble is more yellow than the piss from a Scotsman after drinking 4 litres of Irn-Bru.
Sold as Seen = The reason I added only one picture from 10ft away is so that you can't see the damage done to it.
Payment Within 24 Hours = I want your money now, but it'll take me 2 weeks to post it to you.

:lol:

You forgot:
"Buy now before someone else does!" = "Quick, make an impulse purchase because if you think about it you'll know it's a rip off"
"Listed elsewhere" = "Make me an offer that is more than I was expecting and at the same time means I don't pay fees and you take the risk"
"It's been in the loft for year" = "It been in the loft for cat years, so around 7 months"
Unique = Apart from the other 14 that are currently listed for a quarter of the price
Collector's item = If people collected **** (literally) they'd buy this as a stop gap until they found something better

subzero

Sith Lord
AllThings80s said:
Rare = It's common.

Also sellers stating in the auction description.. "this figure is worth £X" or "this figure usually sells for £X" = I'm telling you how much to bid because I don't want this to sell cheap.

lejackal

Grand Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
AllThings80s said:
Rare = It's common.

You forgot:
"Buy now before someone else does!" = "Quick, make an impulse purchase because if you think about it you'll know it's a rip off"
"Listed elsewhere" = "Make me an offer that is more than I was expecting and at the same time means I don't pay fees and you take the risk"
"It's been in the loft for year" = "It been in the loft for cat years, so around 7 months"
Unique = Apart from the other 14 that are currently listed for a quarter of the price
Collector's item = If people collected **** (literally) they'd buy this as a stop gap until they found something better
You both forgot;

Just Graded/Just back from the graders/I'm a money grabbing **** but there are a queue of people prepared to suck my cock as I take thousands of dollars off of them for items I paid pennies for a month ago.

subzero

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
AllThings80s said:
Rare = It's common.

You forgot:
You both forgot;

Just Graded/Just back from the graders/I'm a money grabbing **** but there are a queue of people prepared to suck my cock as I take thousands of dollars off of them for items I paid pennies for a month ago.

:D :lol:

khayman

Padawan
Facebook groups - I'm a member of some of them but when I started out I just used swfuk. I picked up most of my loose collection on here.
The groups came on and they multiplied, they branded themselves and gave themselves market power. Prices increased and increased - not just down to groups but the mass saturation didn't help.

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
Leia Blasters are mental at the moment

There's one on ebay now for about £100 I think, but of course it's the early bird issue blaster so that's okay :lol:

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
It's bloody happened again!

I posted on this thread about winning an auction only for the seller to claim it's been lost or damaged, and issue a refund. I've had another example today with a 1979 Chad Valley catalogue that I won for a tenner. It hadnt arrived after over a fortnight so I contacted the seller and got this response...

"Hi Andy, I'm sorry that you haven't received the item. Bizzarely, I have just got home from work and found that it has been redelivered to me completely damaged with a note from the post office. It looks like it's been caught in a machine or something. Anyway, it is that bad it isn't worth keeping, sadly. I will refund your payment straight away. Again, I'm sorry that you didn't receive it. Regards, Paul."

A bloody likely story! Unfortunately with the refund having been given eBay has closed the case and won't let me contact him again, so time to name and shame.

His name is Paul Quinn, eBay user name tobykenobi. One to avoid I would suggest.

Rant over!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
AllThings80s said:
Rare = It's common.

This should be a T-shirt

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
When people sell beaters and POTF2 figures for silly amounts and make out they are really rare. Also when they list modern crap as vintage.

subzero

Sith Lord
A new one for me lately is seeing a card fresh figure for a cheap price listed up on ebay for no more than 60 seconds, then going to checkout and click the pay button to see an error message that someone has just that second bought it. :( :( :(

Part of the game though I suppose. :lol: .. onward & upwards!

subzero

Sith Lord
AndyPreston said:
Hi Andy, I'm sorry that you haven't received the item. Bizzarely, I have just got home from work and found that it has been redelivered to me completely damaged with a note from the post office. It looks like it's been caught in a machine or something. Anyway, it is that bad it isn't worth keeping, sadly. I will refund your payment straight away. Again, I'm sorry that you didn't receive it. Regards, Paul.'
It's bloody well happened again!

I posted on this thread about winning an auction only for the seller to claim it's been lost or damaged, and issue a refund. I've had another example today with a 1979 Chad Valley catalogue that I won for a tenner. It hadnt arrived after over a fortnight so I contacted the seller and got this response...

"Hi Andy, I'm sorry that you haven't received the item. Bizzarely, I have just got home from work and found that it has been redelivered to me completely damaged with a note from the post office. It looks like it's been caught in a machine or something. Anyway, it is that bad it isn't worth keeping, sadly. I will refund your payment straight away. Again, I'm sorry that you didn't receive it. Regards, Paul."

A bloody likely story! Unfortunately with the refund having been given eBay has closed the case and won't let me contact him again, so time to name and shame.

His name is Paul Quinn, eBay user name tobykenobi. One to avoid I would suggest.

Rant over!

Wow, the guy probably does this so often he's forgotten who he's previously said it to or hasn't, he must be copying & pasting that excuse!

tobykenobi?.. Toby Wankernobi more like!

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Ah, sorry, I didn't mean he'd sent me the same message twice, something must have gone wrong with the formatting when I posted that yesterday. This is the first time I've dealt with this particular chap, and I've amended the original post.

However, this has happened three times in recent months with different sellers - you win the auction at a good price, pay immediately, wait expectantly for it to arrive, and then get fed a cock and bull story that its got lost or damaged, and get a refund. As far as eBay is concerned that is the end of the story and there are no come backs at all against the seller. It pretty much allows any seller to back out of a sale that they consider has gone at too low a price, without fear of being reprimanded by eBay. Seems everything is stacked against the poor buyer.

subzero

Sith Lord
AndyPreston said:
Ah, sorry, I didn't mean he'd sent me the same message twice, something must have gone wrong with the formatting when I posted that yesterday. This is the first time I've dealt with this particular chap, and I've amended the original post.

However, this has happened three times in recent months with different sellers - you win the auction at a good price, pay immediately, wait expectantly for it to arrive, and then get fed a cock and bull story that its got lost or damaged, and get a refund. As far as eBay is concerned that is the end of the story and there are no come backs at all against the seller. It pretty much allows any seller to back out of a sale that they consider has gone at too low a price, without fear of being reprimanded by eBay. Seems everything is stacked against the poor buyer.

Ahh I see what you mean now :lol:

Yeah it does seem just really obvious when a seller does that, because the item that went cheap just happens to be the one parcel that 'goes missing' or gets 'damaged' in transit. I think sellers do this to also avoid neg feedback thinking the buyer will sympathise with their story.

Crumm

Padawan
I think at the moment it is the weapon prices.

I have just started out and have a few figures that are minus weapons. Original Leia and Luke farm-boy seem to be the worst ,the prices people want for their weapons are absolutely crazy.

Thing is the figures are in excellent, almost mint condition and I want to get them graded (they are my originals from when I was a kid and happened to be stored away for a long time) so I am a bit stuck unless I stump up.

I have taken the price hit on a Luke saber, mostly because he is a rare and pretty much mint variant, and I know he will make a good grading figure when sent in. The Leia is in almost as good condition, but the prices for her blaster are just stupid.

I flat out refuse to go repro because that is just wrong!

Repro is my second most annoying thing, I actually never knew it WAS a thing until recently. Who are these people? why do they do things like this? I am sick of seeing a weapon that I think may be reasonably priced only for it to be...Guess what?

subzero

Sith Lord
benny100 said:
Echo base on Facebook! I'm on it, but can't wait till I've hit my collecting goals so I can unfollow it! I literally hate 99% of it

:lol: :lol:

I joined it yesterday just for a laugh to see what all the shenanigans were about, I haven't seen anything crazy or stupid posted on there yet though, but it has only been 1 day. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom