Mandalorian Season 3

lejackal

Grand Master
Wow what a banger and what a wonderful decision to cast Ahmed Best as the badass Jedi who saves grogu. With all the **** that poor man went through I was chuffed to bits to see him get another go at Star Wars.
I'm 100% with you on Ahmed, I never realised how bad things got for him until a couple of years ago.

Cant exactly say Im a fan of the Grogu doing Mando training but but other than that this episode was in the fine to good range for me

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I totally agree. After the disappointment of last week's episode, I thought this was a real return to form. A great rescue mission (for an admittedly annoying foundling who should have been long-since eaten by the dragon creatures before he got rescued, but I digress), and a great little bit of filling in of Grogu's backstory back on Coruscant. I too loved Ahmed Best being cast as the Jedi that saves him (which means there are two Coruscant residents that look exactly like Ahmed, unless Achk Med-Beq was actually Jedi Master Kelleran Beq in disguise: :)

Beqs.jpg

And with this week's Bad Batch also proving to be a big improvement over last week's tripe, this has been a good week for Star Wars! Long may it continue! :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ummmm…for me a weak story…like too many this season….full of plot holes…why was the kid not eaten etc….the back story bit was the only saving grace.
The money spinning, very annoying little green sh*t gets more annoying as the weeks wear on…oh why couldn't he have stayed with Luke…mind you, I'm looking forward to seeing the little sh*t in a Mando helmet…it will be a massive improvement.
You may gather that I'm very disappointed by this season, unlike the Bad Batch this doesn't appear to be improving.😔

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I saw the new episode last night and I can only say it was great. Maybe a little short :unsure: So far all episodes in the new season has been great (y)

But I do not understand why all the Mandalorians do not go back to their homeworld after they know it is safe to be there :unsure:

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Probably the best episode so far, other than the rescue mission that was a bit drawn out. Great to finally see how Grogu`s rescue started.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Fantastic to see Ahmed back. Lovely for him to get some well earned recognition.

For me, the highlight of another mediocre episode.

Unfortunately, the bad writing of BOBF/Kenobi has carried forward into Mando. Very disjointed, with some baffling leaps of logic, redundant sub-plots etc.
Half the season gone and I still have no idea (or interest) in where the story is going.

Hopefully, it'll pick up in the remaining eps, but I'm kind of checked out at the moment.

Roll on Andor S2

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
For my money Season 3 is a bit unfocused. While the production value is great and there have been some enjoyable moments. I love seeing the world building and back-stories coming to life and it is an enjoyable place to hang out for 40mins each week - but the 'A-Plot' is lacking a clear direction - it's almost like the creative team have these characters but don't quite know what to do with them - or are just trying to move them into place for the next big event - i.e. are we about to see Ashoka?

I am hoping that things begin to line up and we get a real mission for Mando soon and a satisfying way of bringing the various threads together.

Wald

Padawan
Hi, again.
I'm so hyped for season 3! The trailers are highly inspiring!
However, I'm currently holding back until all episodes have aired.;)

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Finally!
A decent, fun episode with good action and some intrigue at the end. Loved the little cameo, as well.
Shame its taken five episodes to get there.

Here's hoping this episode marks the start of an upward trajectory in the quality.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes, I agree it was definitely a good one. I still don't like the silly pirate or eye-rollingly naff things like having a ship's wheel to steer the spaceship, but those are minor gripes (plus hopefully old seaweed beard has snuffed it, although irritating Ozzy Nikto is still kicking about like a mosquito to annoy Mando in future). Overall though, I thought it was a great episode, but with just 3 left in the series now, I do wonder where it's going to go from here as I don't honestly feel like an awful lot of substance has occurred thus far...

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Yeah, Captain Watercress was pretty naff.
Suppose I've been spoiled by Andor, as this season seems to be more kiddiefied as the previous ones.

I can't help being a bit nit-picky....
The whole town/planet seemed to consist of 30 people, judging by the crowd that escaped the attack. Possibly a restriction of working on the Volume stage.

Also, the Mandalorians stating that "we have no ships". How the hell do they travel about?
I doubt the Armourers forge will fit in the boot of an Uber.

Unfortunately, they seem to be laying the groundwork for the Sequel Trilogy, what with machinations of the ex-Imperial Officer and The New Republic being portrayed as incompetent and unwilling to forsee future threats by disarming.

A disappointing season overall so far, but this episode gives hope that it'll end with a flourish.
7.5/10

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Another fantastic episode. But strange to see a town full of life and only 30 escape to the dessert. Maybe the rest died :unsure:

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
The other town folk must have escaped in a different direction, or possibly in the tunnels, as my wife said same as the above posts.

I also thought that the 1pilot of the attack ship had been destroyed earlier hitting another pirates ship.
With 3 episodes to go they have an awful lot to achieve, for our expectations, and I hope Grogu isn't going to be constantly captured throughout the series for dna.
Is the little guy ever going to be safe , as it's going to be a while before he's able to look after himself, 🤔

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Loved this episode- a bit different and quirky, with some nice world building. Was a bit worried at the start with the teenage Mon Calamari- terrible writing and voice acting- straight out of AOTC. Thankfully it really picked up and ended up being thoroughly entertaining, with some really cool moments. Loved the psycho medical droid in the lab.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Quite a few cameos from Jack Black, Christopher Lloyd and lizzo. Only a few episodes to go, so when are we going to properly see the mythosaur, have the united clans descend to Mandalore, find out more about the cloning, Morff Gideon ,Thrawn etc etc.
I just hope they won't end by Grogu being captured again, or it being a constant plot in the series.

Hod10

Padawan
Well episode 6 was an interesting episode, I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I think I liked it.

Mosh

Padawan
It was a mix of "nice to see" and an apalling Disney bog pit. Knighting Grogu for helping a princess cheat? Keys to the city? Ridiculous.

Palifan

Sith Lord
I must admit that ep 6 was a little lost on me as well ( you pointed out many of the reasons above Mosh). I had this general feeling that the wheels were coming off the Mano rails as I watched it and found it all a bit He-man in places. I think there are only 8 episodes in this series (possibly 9?), and for only having a couple left it's looking like being the weakest series of the bunch, although there has been some top notch action and VFX's this season.

I have spoken

Ian

Latest posts

Top Bottom