Mandalorian Season 3

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Why did I want Grogu to force/call the darksaber to himself ?
Twice I thought it was coming 🤣

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
It will be many years before Grogu could rule Mandalore if it`s all a pre story. Unless Bo Katan takes the darksaber off Din in battle , which seems very possible as she can use it ok, Din will have to learn to master it....

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I thought episode 2 was great. Classic Star Wars action in many respects, with a guest starring role for R5-D4 (cue rapid Hasbro reissue, if they have a lick of sense), and a welcome beefed up part for Bo-Katan. A minor gripe would be how rapidly she got there to save Din before the evil cyborg eye could kill him, but Star Wars has always asked us to suspend our disbelief in some respects; it's just a matter of how well everything else is done around it, and with this episode, I thought that stuff was very well done.

Bring on episode 3!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ep3

Right…how to sum this one up?

I would compare this to a long haul flight…great, interesting and exciting at each end…boring and dragged out in the middle…but we all know that the middle bit is required to get you to the destination but you just wish it didn't take so long to get to there.😀

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
My thoughts too. I'm worried the story is going to be forced to explain the bullshit of the sequels which I'd rather just forget about. It would be nice for them to have a free reign with no baggage.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
It wasn't the best..the middle plot certainly dragged, but also wonder where that's going.
Cloning mandalorians, the mythosaur, Grogu, or something else ,like Palpatine

Last edited:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Interesting, although the middle did drag a little. I thought the Dr was being set up to be kidnapped to continue his work for Gideon, but I was obviously wrong. Or was I? Surely the cloning stuff is to do with Snoke/Palpatine. I'm on board with that, as long as they tie it in well. I have confidence in Favreau and Filoni.

Last edited:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I saw the new episode last night. I think it was very good. I was surprised to see the doctor was tricked. But when he was in the chair at the end then I was not surprised anymore, she is evil and I love it. I was also surprised to learn Bo-Katan Kryze is played by Katee Sackhoff :oops: wow she has changed a lot since I saw her in battlestar galactica and Riddick, I did not know it was her. Maybe it is the hair :unsure:

I was also confused about Elia Kane until I heard the name Elia. First I thought hey it looks like a young man but sounds like a girl :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree with most of the above. Episode 3 had a great beginning and end, but what the f*ck were Favreau and episode co-writer Noah Kloor smoking to waste two-thirds of the episode's runtime (and yes, it was two-thirds excluding credits!) on Dr Pershing's incredibly drawn out and tedious story? At a time when faith in Star Wars as a brand is on exceptionally thin ice under Krapleen Kunteddy's criminal mismanagement, it seems utter lunacy to squander most of one of the only 8 episodes in the new series of the previously well-received Mandalorian, on an extended tangent about a minor character nobody cares about. Sure, Pershing's story may become relevant later (it had better do after subjecting the audience to that dreary, interminable shite for 38 minutes), but they could easily have covered it in under a quarter of that time, and interspersed even that with proper, exciting Mando action.

I view this episode as a horrible misstep, however the story goes from here (which can only be to get better.... Surely?).

Jeremy

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Apparently, the ratings for S3 are lacklustre.
I don't think this latest episode is going to help the situation.

Here's hoping this drawn-out Pershing side story leads to something spectacular.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm enjoy it sort of. 😂 Definitely not as good as the first to seasons so far. 5 episodes left? Next episode needs to pull something out the hat, otherwise that's half a season wasted IMO.

Top Bottom