Premier League 2019/2020 Thread

yoda

Sith Lord
weasel said:
yoda said:
weasel said:
What the **** is "soccer"????? :wink:

:lol: Something you might only be dreaming about for awhile if a vaccination isn't found :)

How you holding out? It's **** alright for everyone. Can you get out for a bit of freedom? Indoors alot is very tough for everyone. I don't even know what day it is any more :? Talk of ph apps coming in maybe that will help open things up slowly for us.

Aye a third floor flat with a toddler is class fun.
TBF the wee man is too young to know any different and he is very good, but it would be nice to be able to go outside or do SOMETHING.

How you getting on? Plenty of fields out your way for you to fire the kids out into. Or did Social Services see that picture of them in the Spurs shirts and do the decent thing :wink: :wink:

:lol: no the little one is still here I'm like you just the one. Yeah in fairness because I'm not in the city it's easier to get some freedom. I can only imagine what it's like in the city. Its a bollocks people are being sensible but you know yourself you've dick heads ****ing the whole thing up for everyone. There's still drunken parties happening all over social media and people doing stupid stuff. These clowns are keeping the whole cycle going. I wish the law would move in and then we could get out of this mess quicker. Look after yourself and take no risks my neighbour is not too good at moment. It's serious if it manages to get a grip on your body.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
We're lucky enough here we have a park a few mins away and the Lagan toepath/meadows about 10mins walk away. We take munchkin down there once a day and let him run about. If we were in a tower block or had no Green space near **** knows what we would do. Lock down isn't easy on anyone but people stuck in flats with no access to green spaces, and with a few kids, must be going mad.

Fingers crossed for your neighbour.

Stay safe.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
My brother in law lives in Spain, he's been in a room with very little natural light for 7 weeks! I really feel for him and not sure how he's got through it. He broke up with his long term partner last year, so on his own. I really don't know how people cope with no outside space, must be very hard.

yoda

Sith Lord
weasel said:
We're lucky enough here we have a park a few mins away and the Lagan toepath/meadows about 10mins walk away. We take munchkin down there once a day and let him run about. If we were in a tower block or had no Green space near **** knows what we would do. Lock down isn't easy on anyone but people stuck in flats with no access to green spaces, and with a few kids, must be going mad.

Stay safe.

That's good you can get out it that will help things for you. Yip its not good indoors all day. I am sure there are people in a bad way suck in flat with no room.

Unfortunately from my last post my neighbour could not fight it anymore. He was in intensive care for 3 weeks. It really is a cruel virus it seems to attack the kidneys and lungs if you get a serious infection. He walked to the ambulance but never came home. It's hard on his family because they could not see him again because its so contagious. After that it hammers home what our medical staff really have to face everyday.
I feel we will all have a good chance because we are all aware now of the dangers as work slowly opens up again. I really hope this clears up before schools open up again because it's hard to keep the children apart.

I think we'll get back to the sport talk on this thread. It gives us all a bit of fun and a getaway in these hard weeks.

Stay safe and hope everyone else is keeping well look after yourselves.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
weasel said:
Lock down isn't easy on anyone but people stuck in flats with no access to green spaces, and with a few kids, must be going mad.

Welcome to my world :lol: first floor flat, 1.5 bedrooms, no garden or balcony, two kids aged one and two. It's a bloody nightmare. We are going out once a day for a walk, but the other 11 hours a day are a struggle.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
yoda said:
weasel said:

Stay safe.

That's good you can get out it that will help things for you. Yip its not good indoors all day. I am sure there are people in a bad way suck in flat with no room.

Unfortunately from my last post my neighbour could not fight it anymore. He was in intensive care for 3 weeks. It really is a cruel virus it seems to attack the kidneys and lungs if you get a serious infection. He walked to the ambulance but never came home. It's hard on his family because they could not see him again because its so contagious. After that it hammers home what our medical staff really have to face everyday.
I feel we will all have a good chance because we are all aware now of the dangers as work slowly opens up again. I really hope this clears up before schools open up again because it's hard to keep the children apart.

I think we'll get back to the sport talk on this thread. It gives us all a bit of fun and a getaway in these hard weeks.

Stay safe and hope everyone else is keeping well look after yourselves.

Sorry to hear about your neighbour. Brings it all home.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
weasel said:
Lock down isn't easy on anyone but people stuck in flats with no access to green spaces, and with a few kids, must be going mad.

Welcome to my world :lol: first floor flat, 1.5 bedrooms, no garden or balcony, two kids aged one and two. It's a bloody nightmare. We are going out once a day for a walk, but the other 11 hours a day are a struggle.

We are similar. Third floor flat, no balcony, obv no garden and none out the front or back of the building, we only have 1 munchkin and two bedrooms+an "office" so a bit easier. We're out to the park twice a day just to get him out. He's very good but I wouldn't fancy a primary school aged kid ATM they must be going bonkers inside.

Anyway football.......aren't spurs ****! :wink:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
weasel said:

I feel for you Edd, that has to be the worst age for that scenario. Search and destroy age, hopefully this is the last week of full lock down.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Bruno Fernandes in BBC team of the season. :roll:

No doubt he has looked a class act, but ehhh has played five games. That is not a guess, he has played FIVE games.....and makes the team of the season. Wise the **** up.

Surely there must be a cut off point for number of games played? I know he only joined in Jan and the season ended (so far) in March, but five games is taking the piss.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
weasel said:
Bruno Fernandes in BBC team of the season. :roll:

No doubt he has looked a class act, but ehhh has played five games. That is not a guess, he has played FIVE games.....and makes the team of the season. Wise the **** up.

Surely there must be a cut off point for number of games played? I know he only joined in Jan and the season ended (so far) in March, but five games is taking the piss.

Isn't it about the impact made irrespective of the number of games, there are numerous players that come into a team with a brilliant cv, then we get all the " give him time to adjust, let him get used to the way the team play, let him get used to what the club represents". If the player comes in and makes an immediate impact that is clear for all to see, then happy days in my book.

Look at Pogba, "ohh give him time, he needs to adjust, he needs to blend" give me a break, if a player comes in and is clearly a boost to performance then what's wrong with that, ok if we look back retrospectively and it's a flash in the pan then fair enough, but give him the credit he deserves for what he has done so far.

He is a definite plus in my book

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Not sure I understand what you're on about.

There's no doubt he has done well, I don't disagree. BUT he has done well in FIVE ****ING GAMES. Five. In no way shape or form should he even be considered for the team of the season after five games. The "Season" bit should at least be a hint as to what it's about.

I'm sure we could find plenty of other players who have been just as influential on their teams for a short spell, and no one is nominating them for the team of the season.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Kyle Walker feels "harrassed" for it being pointed out that in the last month he's had a sex party with prostitutes at his house, been to visit his sister in Sheffield for her birthday, and visited his mum to collect some "home cooked meals." Yeah, they all sound like essential trips Kyle. I thought he was a twat when he played at Spurs, a couple of years at City, who score enough goals to cover over his countless defensive mistakes, seems to really have gone to his head.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Young men with loads of money, for them translates into we can do what we want. Not all, but certainly some.

lejackal

Grand Master
The Pokice office surrounded by a good dozen youths in the park that had his bike taken away and then abuse hurled at him feels harassed. Kyle Walker thinks he earns enough that the rules don't apply. Now he's a ****

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
So who else has been watching the Bundesliga because it's the only football on? (Well, apart from re-runs of old matches)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I can't be arsed with it. God knows when the PL will be back, I think the FA should use this as an opportunity to change the football calendar to fit in with the World Cup in December 2022. Don't ask me what but something should be done and a bit of common sense would go a long way.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
So who else has been watching the Bundesliga because it's the only football on? (Well, apart from re-runs of old matches)

Saw bits of it. Very weird without fans

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom