Mandalorian Season 3

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
There is something that I find so right about the Mando series. Really enjoyed tonight's episode. Nice to see an OT touch or two from Favroux - i.e Salacious Crumb.

Cyborg-Fett

Padawan
Trailer's arrived! Looks really awesome! Only a few weeks away...

It looks quite good but not sure, I haven't been able to view a single episode. And appears to have a bit too much CGI going by the trailer, cheezy visuals sort of thing.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Not a bad start, but hopefully it will pick up. Seemed like it was just introducing some storylines for the series
Yeah, I felt the same. Enjoyable, but quite a lot of exposition, which I guess is necessary. Some of the dialogue was a little clunky as well. Loved the pirates and their main ship was superb. I'm sure it will pick up.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree with the above pretty much. I enjoyed the episode overall. Yes, it had to set up the new story and hence was perhaps a little slow to get going, but it still looks and feels like Star Wars to me, which is more than I can say about the rubbish canon-breaking 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' series. That's the difference between a show where Kathleen Kennedy is largely kept at bay, compared to one where she gets to wield her fan-hating non-Midas touch. The sooner she flies off on her broomstick the better off we'll all be.

The only real gripes I had with the first episode was the rubbishy pirate captain that was clearly a feeble rip-off from Pirates of the Caribbean only done less well or believably, the mini-mechanics that were obvious puppets (I know Episode 9 featured one of them, but since I refuse to watch that non-canonical garbage, I haven't seen it), and the dreadful kiddy Mando helmets at the start, which were clearly shamelessly inserted to shift repainted and tweaked versions of these abominations with the gargantuan eye slit:

R.jpg

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
I agree with the above pretty much. I enjoyed the episode overall. Yes, it had to set up the new story and hence was perhaps a little slow to get going, but it still looks and feels like Star Wars to me, which is more than I can say about the rubbish canon-breaking 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' series. That's the difference between a show where Kathleen Kennedy is largely kept at bay, compared to one where she gets to wield her fan-hating non-Midas touch. The sooner she flies off on her broomstick the better off we'll all be.

The only real gripes I had with the first episode was the rubbishy pirate captain that was clearly a feeble rip-off from Pirates of the Caribbean only done less well or believably, the mini-mechanics that were obvious puppets (I know Episode 9 featured one of them, but since I refuse to watch that non-canonical garbage, I haven't seen it), and the dreadful kiddy Mando helmets at the start, which were clearly shamelessly inserted to shift repainted and tweaked versions of these abominations with the gargantuan eye slit:

View attachment 179755
They probably didn`t put too much effort in for the helmets as the kids heads are still growing :p

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
It was a great episode imo.
Can't wait for more...but I do notice I really miss Andor.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
It was a great episode imo.
Can't wait for more...but I do notice I really miss Andor.
Andor is definitely a great show, despite its poor viewing figures. Hopefully the second season will continue the good work started in the first and attract the larger audience the show deserves.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree with @lejackal by far the worst episode to date. Hoping it picks up, Mando was good but the entire episode just seemed un cohesive and to many scenes reminded me of Star Trek. I don't no what to think really.

lejackal

Grand Master
Maybe I need a rewatch but this wasn't Andor slow and deliberate, this was slow and painful, bad writing and crap acting with naff effects and worse creatures.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
No way I'm rewatching that episode, agree with you Carl on all your points which is annoying! 😂 Majority seem to like it though so can't be that bad, onwards and upwards. Hopefully.

Latest posts

Top Bottom