Not open for further replies.

castlegrayskull

Padawan
Name: Dave
Single
Residence: Leeds, W Yorkshire

Collecting Focus: Avid Collector as a child

Just introducing myself...

Having moved house over 25 times in my life, I figured it was time to reduce the amount of boxes I keep moving, so it seems the time has come to offload my 80's Star Wars collection.

After seeing SW and ESB then actually seeing the original release of ROTJ at the cinema - I was hooked - loved the story and ideas and I got lost in the world of Star Wars for many years ... possibly still am! (I have tickets to the BAFTA premier in London on thursday)
I collected random Star Wars figures and vehicles over the years (as my parents finances allowed) I now have a reasonable collection of loose figures and some boxed vehicles - mostly well played with (I was a careful child) so everything is in pretty good condition.

Off the top of my head ... a couple of the boxed toys are ESB Slave 1, ROTJ Xwing and ROTJ Scout Walker ... in the next few weeks/months i'll catalog what i have, take photos and get peoples advice on the best place to sell and fair prices for all.

Thanks
Dave

Hawkeye

Youngling
Name: Tudor (Like those kings, yeah)
Single/Married: Single
Residence: West Wales
Kids: Obviously not
Pets: Black Labrador cross golden retriever called Alfie
Collecting Focus: Anything Vintage at this point. I'm just starting out and I'm doing this because of a love for Star Wars and action figures.
Character Focus: None really

Collecting interest: Everything vintage

Looking For
-Anything affordable for a 15 year old (nothing over £50 for a single item)

jayums

Jedi Master
Hi everybody,

My name is James - from Norfolk in the UK.

I've just started my vintage collection... having found a dozen or so figures in my loft! I've always loved star wars (well, the original trilogy) and thought it would be fun to put a collection together, which relatively speaking, is affordable (i also like vintage watches but sadly my salary limits this collction somewhat!)

I'm very prepared to do research which is something i will enjoy, but thought id join this forum to learn and ask questions. Equally, if you have any figures you wish to sell to get my collection going then do get in touch. I should probably list what ive got already i guess, but have to go out now (force awakens midnight showing beckons!). Thanks for reading :) J

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Evening all,

I'm Kev, 41.
Live and work in the Midlands as an assistant manager in retail.

I have all of my stuff from the good old days and got it out of storage the other day after a friend of mine told me he was about to sell his.
What with The Force Awakens coming out, it's stoked my interest in vintage again.

I used to live in Tokyo and have collected a number of items from there including the Pepsi bottles, cans, and keychains, magazines and promo items and food packaging all the way to the Bandai 3po, R5 and R5 model kits and the Tamashii Nations Vader.
My favourite of my modern stuff is my R2 alarm clock and Gentle Giant R2 and Leia animated statue (black/white version). Got them both from Japan.

I am considering adding to my vintage stuff with some carded figures. But not sure yet where to start or which figure to get first.
I have no real focus, just what interests me. I do seem to have quite a lot of R2 stuff though.

Post on Rebelscum under the same username.

cocofstar

Sith Lord
Hi guys,

Hope you are all doing well :D Been a long time since I darkened the forum so I thought I would drop by and say hello. Moved house recently and I just finished converting the attic into a space for my collection. It has been in storage for the last few years and the time has come for it to come out of storage, hopefully over the Xmas holidays.

I'm not sure if I am gonna start collecting again or what is going to happen but I am feeling very excited about seeing it again. I have been lurking on here over the last couple of weeks checking out my old collection pics and reminiscing about the past. Gonna see the new movie tomorrow night and I'm feeling a bit of the buzz again.

Here are a couple of old links to my stuff in vintage showcase. I had a Yoda focus, 47a Focus and collected a bit of everything toy related.

Collection:-
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4058&start=30

My 47As:-
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6041&p=90784#p90784

My Yodas Rebelscum:-
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1002373/

My Collection Rebelscum:-
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t952524/

doobie1knobi

Hows yas all goin ..

Cant wait till tmara ......bringing the kids to cinema cos their off school......their excited too......just thout id spread a wee bit of xmas cheer with yas all .....
Sorry if in wrong thread

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
cocofstar said:
Hi guys,

Hope you are all doing well :D Been a long time since I darkened the forum so I thought I would drop by and say hello. Moved house recently and I just finished converting the attic into a space for my collection. It has been in storage for the last few years and the time has come for it to come out of storage, hopefully over the Xmas holidays.

I'm not sure if I am gonna start collecting again or what is going to happen but I am feeling very excited about seeing it again. I have been lurking on here over the last couple of weeks checking out my old collection pics and reminiscing about the past. Gonna see the new movie tomorrow night and I'm feeling a bit of the buzz again.

Here are a couple of old links to my stuff in vintage showcase. I had a Yoda focus, 47a Focus and collected a bit of everything toy related.

Collection:-
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4058&start=30

My 47As:-
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6041&p=90784#p90784

My Yodas Rebelscum:-
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1002373/

My Collection Rebelscum:-
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t952524/

Hey mate, LONG LONG time no see. How's things! How's the family?
Not many if us auld timers left on here now.

Ps, you moved any closer to civilisation or are you still out in the sticks?

bwarrp

Hello everyone,

I've just started collecting POTF2, vintage baffles me at the moment and with my first child on the way, budget limits me!

I am really interested in the different variants, having found a few already!

any advice on collecting POTF2 is greatly appreciated!

Look forward to getting to know you all!

Laurence

cocofstar

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Hey mate, LONG LONG time no see. How's things! How's the family?
Not many if us auld timers left on here now.

Ps, you moved any closer to civilisation or are you still out in the sticks?

Alright lad :wink: Family are good mate. We have a boy and a girl now so hands are pretty full :D

Moved to Aghalee :shock: , 1 whole mile away from where I used to live. So technically I'm even further out into the sticks now :D

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
Thought it was about time I posted and said hello after joining a wee while ago.

Always been slightly obsessed with StarWars since seeing the original release of New Hope in the cinema at the grand age of 7 years old and Jabba the Hut was actually a fat man. Anyway usual story never kept any of my original toys but over the last couple of years I have began to collect again but my main interest is in the mailers strangely, I think it's to do with the fact the figures are still sealed in the baggies and that you get unique inserts etc that were never part of what the shops sold but I do like the carded firgures too. I also collect the original Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica figures and also the modern Black Series StarWars 6 inch firgures. A bit of a mix but I like them all.

The information on this site is fantastic and for the people who provide all of this especially on the mailers I would like to thank them all. At some point I will hopefully post up some photos of the collection I have, although ive yet to get some of them graded (yes I know some of you aren't fans of it) but I like the way the cases present them and I get them UV protected so they will last longer than me.

lejackal

Grand Master
Bunglebubs said:
Thought it was about time I posted and said hello after joining a wee while ago.

Always been slightly obsessed with StarWars since seeing the original release of New Hope in the cinema at the grand age of 7 years old and Jabba the Hut was actually a fat man. Anyway usual story never kept any of my original toys but over the last couple of years I have began to collect again but my main interest is in the mailers strangely, I think it's to do with the fact the figures are still sealed in the baggies and that you get unique inserts etc that were never part of what the shops sold but I do like the carded firgures too. I also collect the original Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica figures and also the modern Black Series StarWars 6 inch firgures. A bit of a mix but I like them all.

The information on this site is fantastic and for the people who provide all of this especially on the mailers I would like to thank them all. At some point I will hopefully post up some photos of the collection I have, although ive yet to get some of them graded (yes I know some of you aren't fans of it) but I like the way the cases present them and I get them UV protected so they will last longer than me.
Welcome to the forum, if you're looking for nice cases and UV protection without being interested in the sticker with the grade on you can't do better than GW Acrylic. Cheaper to, you'll see a thread in the vintage for sale section. On top of that Christian is a good guy to deal with.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
cocofstar said:
Alright lad :wink: Family are good mate. We have a boy and a girl now so hands are pretty full :D

Moved to Aghalee :shock: , 1 whole mile away from where I used to live. So technically I'm even further out into the sticks now :D

Good to hear the family is doing well. Aghalee? You missing electricity yet? :wink: :lol:

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
lejackal said:
Welcome to the forum, if you're looking for nice cases and UV protection without being interested in the sticker with the grade on you can't do better than GW Acrylic. Cheaper to, you'll see a thread in the vintage for sale section. On top of that Christian is a good guy to deal with.

Thanks for the welcome lejackal

Yes I have seen those cases and will need to get some of those ones for some figures I have that are still in their baggies but like I said I do like the fact that they are sealed in a nice presentation and nobody that visits me can open them up and could potentially damage them.

RBT84

Youngling
Hello, I'm Rob 31 from the Midlands.

I used to collect Vintage and POTF2 in my teens, I stop around 10 years ago, Recently I have been thinking about collecting again after picking up a few figures etc for my Nephew who is 11 and knows more about Star Wars than me :lol:

SpaceViking

Youngling
Hi, I'm new. I'm a long term star wars fan and I used to collect but honestly, I am running out of room for everything. I need to downsize the collecting, as my current profession concerns making historical costume and cosplay stuff and room for that takes priority. I am 53, a mum, and I was at school and college when the first three Star Wars films first came out (when the things I have to sell come from) and loved it from the start. Now my kids are enjoying it too. I recall when Jedi came out and my best friend and I went to see a showing of all three films back to back. Good times.

I am the proud possessor of a plush soft toy Kenner Chewbacca, with bandolier, but have not found any reference to him anywhere. He's about 18" tall, long brown fur and a big grin. My favourite. Anyone throw any light on him, I would be grateful. I'll mention it when I find the appropriate forum.

Nice to be here, and to meet people with a passion for collecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom