Euro 2016 Thread

mumbo

Sith Lord
Massive congratulations to Wales what a team performance thoroughly deserved 8)

I've got Irish roots and now to go find out if I have Welsh roots :)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeap, fantastic and thoroughly deserved win for Wales.
Fingers crossed they can hoke Portugal. The Portugese haven't looked great so far, but then Ramsey and Davies will be missing.

Ohh and back to my pet hate. It's half time in the biggest game in the history of Welsh football so an obvious time for a 5 minute chat about the ****in england football team. ONCE, JUST ONCE in this whole ****in tournament can we have a game were we don't have to listen to the tosser pundits talking about ****in England.
Shock horrow, but there are those of us who would rather hear about the game at hand than hear the xenophobic ramblings of muppets like Ian "only an Englishman understands the England football mentality" Wright.

Ohh and Glen hoddle? A man who hasn't managed for 10 years and who thinks disbaled people are paying the price for sins in a previous life. In what other country would he even be considered?

Ohhh and Wrighty, only an English man understands the English football way? Yeah, that'll be why there have been soo many successful English PL managers over the decades. Them foreigners just don't get it do they. Jose and Wenger have done nothing. Fat Sam and Pardew put them to shame. FFS Roberto DiMatteo has won a more prestigious tournament than any English manager in the last 25 years and he knows nothing about management.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Looks like i'm not the only one sick of hearing about England.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BeWarmers/status/749686058162458624?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm very happy Iceland beat England, if England had beaten Iceland France would have destroyed us and Roy Hodgson would have kept is job. :D

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Yeap, fantastic and thoroughly deserved win for Wales.
Fingers crossed they can hoke Portugal. The Portugese haven't looked great so far, but then Ramsey and Davies will be missing.

Ohh and back to my pet hate. It's half time in the biggest game in the history of Welsh football so an obvious time for a 5 minute chat about the ****in england football team. ONCE, JUST ONCE in this whole ****in tournament can we have a game were we don't have to listen to the tosser pundits talking about ****in England.
Shock horrow, but there are those of us who would rather hear about the game at hand than hear the xenophobic ramblings of muppets like Ian "only an Englishman understands the England football mentality" Wright.

Ohh and Glen hoddle? A man who hasn't managed for 10 years and who thinks disbaled people are paying the price for sins in a previous life. In what other country would he even be considered?

Ohhh and Wrighty, only an English man understands the English football way? Yeah, that'll be why there have been soo many successful English PL managers over the decades. Them foreigners just don't get it do they. Jose and Wenger have done nothing. Fat Sam and Pardew put them to shame. FFS Roberto DiMatteo has won a more prestigious tournament than any English manager in the last 25 years and he knows nothing about management.
FWIW mate I agree with you. I don't get all this 'has to be English' crap. I can see why it'd be an advantage to have someone with knowledge of the English leagues, but even that's not essential.

Who knows, if things with English and Welsh international football keep going the way they are then maybe in another 10-15 years they'll be talking about Wales at half time in England matches! :wink: Seriously, as an Englishman I find it embarrassing when they do this. Then again, most of the half-time analysis is toss these days.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Gutted.

Can't complain- massively overachieved and Ive never been so engaged in a football match since England vs Germany in 1990. A fantastic tournament from a team.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm gutted, that Portugal side has reached the final of the Euros, Franch or Germany will pull there pants down.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, gutted for Wales. It was a strange game. Neither side created much before the Portugal goal. Their second one was a bit fortunate, on another day that goes wide or straight to the keeper. After that it was game over. Portugal created a few more chances when they caught Wales on the counter but not a lot. I agree Germany or France will hammer Portugal.

There's nothing angers me more than seeing Ronaldo with a smile on his face. I HATE that prancing little narcissist. Gutted no Welsh boy decided to snap him in half in stoppage time.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
France it is then, can see them putting 3 or 4 past Portugal. Out of the 3 sides left after Wales whent out I have to say France would be my preference.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Still not sure how they won that. Germany absolutely battered them for massive chunks of that game. The penalty was ridiculously soft. If you're going to give that then everytime the ball goes in the box there will be a penalty for pushing/holding or players will just blast it at at opponents arm from 2 feet and take their penalty. It was a real shame because that decided the game. France's second was from shambolic German defending, why your man passed it across the box to Kimich i'll never know. He shuda booted it clear and didn't but even at that Neur's punch was pish.
After that it was game over, Germany didn't create much despite their dominance, they really missed Gomes, but they should never have lost that game.

PLEASE don't let Portugal win. I'll stick my boot through the tv if I have to watch that **** smiling as he lifts the trophy.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
weasel said:
PLEASE don't let Portugal win. I'll stick my boot through the tv if I have to watch that **** smiling as he lifts the trophy.

+1.

I also would be forced to stay inside for 2 weeks, as the large local Portuguese fanbase would step up their arrogance into overdrive, and it would be a constant parade of cars with flags attached to their hoods (is it still referred to as bonnets over there?).

Ian

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I can see Portugal winning on pens and you know who scoring the winning penalty!

After doing nothing but bang a phew free kicks over the bar and have a couple of strops for 120 minutes. :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
That's something else that bugs me. He hasn't scored a freekick for Portugal for something like 2 years. I think, THINK, he got ONE last year for Real. He takes EVERY free kick within 40 yards of the goal and shoot every single time. Not once has he looked to cross it. Yet he still gets to take them!? His strike rate must be about 1 in a hundred, and that's not an exaggeration. If I was a Portugese player I'd suggest he gets booted off free kicks. I know he is their best player, but if ****s them up 99 times out of a hundred surely Stephen Hawking would be more use taking them!?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
It's something like 58 free kicks in a row he's missed in major tournaments for Portugal, never scored a free kick in Euros or World Cup. :roll:

yoda

Sith Lord
I know you guys aren't keen on Ronaldo but that looks a nasty injury. Hate to see that happening anyone on probably the biggest game of their lives.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I was going to say something similar... I really don't like him and at first reacted poorly (on reflection), its actually no fun seeing one of the best in the game get a freak tackle/injury that takes him out of his biggest game on a stretcher after c25minutes... Kinda impressed that he tried to play on twice after treatments.

yoda

Sith Lord
Yeah I know it's hard on the guy that could be ligaments the way his knee went.
Haven't watched many games but getting to watch the final. It wouldn't surprise me if portugal went on to win sometimes that can give a team an extra drive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom