Euro 2016 Thread

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
****ing typical, the one game I haven't been able to watch turned out to be the best so far. Apparently Ronaldo had a right strop, would have loved to see it!

So England have Iceland. If we can't convincingly beat Iceland, a country with only 1% of our population and no footballing heritage, I can't see our reputation ever recovering (not that we have much of one already.)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Just seen our side of the draw! :shock:

No chance with Dildo hands in goal!

On paper we have the easeast team in last 16 I think. :?

Ian_C

Jedi Master
weasel said:
Looks like Wales or France for Norn Iron now.

I just don't get how they decide who faces who after the round robin games, but according to Wikipedia, Northern Island will get Wales, with the winner getting whoever wins between Hungary and Belgium.

Republic of Ireland, after beating Italy today (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA), will now face France, and the winner will face England in the following round ( ;) ). I shouldn't sound so confidant - Iceland has turned quite a few heads so far with their performance.

I am very happy all four UK based teams have advanced to the round of 16. That's a full quarter of the round consisting of teams from the UK. Let's hope at least one of them does us all proud by the end of the tournament. :D

Ian

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ian, NO ONE understands quite how UEFA figured the whole thing out. There is a document floating around that explains it all, but it's about 17 pages long and I really couldn't be arsed to read it before hand. Safe to say some UEFA big wig (ie retard) sat down and thought up the most convoluted, backward, overly complex system he could. He handed it to his boss and then he 'improved it' by making it even dafter.

I suspect the world will be cheering on Iceland. The story as much as anything means everyone will be rooting for them.

Have you see/heard the video of the Icelandic commentary from the last 20 seconds of their game? It's in Icelandic, needless to say, but it is amazing.

Ohh and Edd Ronaldo's strop is on Twitter. Capital Liverpool, whoever they are, @capliverpool, have tweeted it. Comedy gold. Sorry don't have your mobile number or I would have sent you a link to it.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
weasel said:
Ohh and Edd Ronaldo's strop is on Twitter. Capital Liverpool, whoever they are, @capliverpool, have tweeted it. Comedy gold. Sorry don't have your mobile number or I would have sent you a link to it.

I saw it on BBC iPlayer, quality :)

Ian_C

Jedi Master
weasel said:
I suspect the world will be cheering on Iceland. The story as much as anything means everyone will be rooting for them.

No doubt almost everyone will be cheering on Iceland right now for every game they place and not against their own country. People love an underdog success story. I want to root for them too - but I'm moreso hoping the Little Train That Could runs out of steam in their next game. ;)

Ian

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Gotta bump this by saying the Belgian team did Great today !! They could have had even more goals in the first half....

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It was a great game, yes Belgium could have scored more but I think Hungary were unlucky to not score any, they had plenty of chances. Slightly less excited about tonight now that we'll have to play France if we get to the quarter finals.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
edd_jedi said:
Slightly less excited about tonight now that we'll have to play France if we get to the quarter finals.

And if we get through France, it's one of Germany, Italy, or Spain. If they can get to the finals, they're being forced to earn it.

Ian

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
Hazard put in the performance on the tournament last night, from the games I've seen. Great game to watch.

Interesting one tonight! Hope Iceland don't play against us like Slovakia did and grab a sneaky goal in the last minute.

Time to sort the men from the boys

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Stargeezer said:
Gotta bump this by saying the Belgian team did Great today !! They could have had even more goals in the first half....

Do the people in Belgium not think their team is being held back by Wilmotts? They seem to be succeeding in spite of him, rather than because of him. I look at their squad and then watch their performances (last night a-side, but then Hungary came third in Northern Ireland's qualifying group so they really aren't great) and they are so much less than the sum of their parts.

Ohh and come on Iceland! :wink: :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Rant time.

Can someone tell me why the hell we had to watch a 5 min update on how England were getting on during HT of the ****ing NI v's Wales game?
Obviously that's exactly what the NI and Wales wanted to hear about, right!?
Ok, it was a **** game, but surely the fact that both countries are playing in their first ever European Championships knock stage game is enough to mean you can find something to talk about for 15 mins without having to ****ing talk about England!? Every other ****ing game of the tournament (LITERALLY, every single one) the conversation always goes round to Engerlund, is it asking too much that maybe just maybe for ONCE we could have a game were there was no discussion of ****ING ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!
It's the other two home nations playing each other for Christ sake. Just for once don't be a bunch of self centred arrogant wankers and talk about something other than the ****ing England team!

**** like that is precisely why everyone else in the UK supports England's opponents in any sporting event. :roll:

Rant over.

mumbo

Sith Lord
:lol: :lol: we were soooooooooooo **** I'm glad we got knocked out so I don't have to watch another woeful display

Well played and deserved Iceland 8)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I diden't watch the half time punditry because I'm board of it, same reason I'm not wasting time watching or listening to anything about going out to Iceland, to which even I am slightly suprised. Thought France would put us on our arse.

Is Wayne Rooney still player of the tournament for England, no Marcus Rashford was the brightest star in that tournament and yes I was wrong Rooney should not have been included in the squad at all.

Techniqly England are light years behind the top sides and when the pressure builds it shows right through. Funny how the most technically gifted player England have is 35 and sat on holiday with his feet up because RH won't start him. I'm talking about Micheal Carick who was man of the match in the cup final, not Rooney.

Unlike the referendum this result is a good one because RH will resine and hopefully the national team can move on.

mumbo

Sith Lord
One for the Spurs fans :wink:

Posted on my FB timeline

So you put 3 West Ham players in the England team and we win the World Cup
Capt. hattrick hero and the other scorer
You put 5 Tottenham players in the England team and we lose to fukking Iceland.

:lol:

Woy made the mistake of picking reputations and not form players.

Townsend for Sterling, Drinkwater for Henderson, Noble for Wilshire, Carroll for Rashford to name a few.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
They were all **** tonight, you can't just single out the Spurs players. Vardy barely touched the ball, and Hart should have saved that second goal. Just absolute drivel from the entire team from start to finish. Possibly the worst England game I've ever seen.

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Stargeezer said:

Do the people in Belgium not think their team is being held back by Wilmotts? They seem to be succeeding in spite of him, rather than because of him. I look at their squad and then watch their performances (last night a-side, but then Hungary came third in Northern Ireland's qualifying group so they really aren't great) and they are so much less than the sum of their parts.

Ohh and come on Iceland! :wink: :lol:

Brexit in football is a fact aswell now.

People in Belgium generally dislike Wilmots, but still think he brought where they are now. I know Belgium has the easy'er route in the EK, but Wales should be hard egg to crack. They play in the same formation as italy (3-5-2). And hungary played a good game (and some before that aswell), but they left much room in their defense and Belgium has really taken advantage of that.
People here in Belgium are more moaning about Lukaku as he really isnt in the game most of the time. He is just standing there and not moving much. I really hope Wilmots gives another player the chance to start in nexts game instead of Lukaku...

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
They were all **** tonight, you can't just single out the Spurs players. Vardy barely touched the ball, and Hart should have saved that second goal. Just absolute drivel from the entire team from start to finish. Possibly the worst England game I've ever seen.

Dildo hands is in trouble no chance of him getting in the Man City side next season, all goalkeepers these days are good shot stoppers. He's not even that any more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom