Euro 2021 Thread

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Joined
Apr 20, 2020
Messages
520
weasel said:
Yup, but how do you jump without using your arms for leverage!?

Ps, well done Wales. VERY harsh red, was a yellow for me, but great effort to get through. I heard they probably play Russia or Finland in the second round. That's as close to a "bye" as you are going to get in the Euro's.

With difficulty 😃 but yeah Wales done well. Now let’s hope we come runners up in the group 🤔
 

edd_jedi

Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
8,029
Location
Brighton
So who else will be cheering on the Czech Republic tonight? If we beat them we get either France, Germany or Portugal in the next round :?
 

lejackal

Grand Master
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
6,904
edd_jedi said:
So who else will be cheering on the Czech Republic tonight? If we beat them we get either France, Germany or Portugal in the next round :?

I was pretty much cheering for Scotland last time as st least they looked like they wanted a result :lol:
 

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Joined
Sep 1, 2016
Messages
4,212
edd_jedi said:
So who else will be cheering on the Czech Republic tonight? If we beat them we get either France, Germany or Portugal in the next round :?

The game tonight (England) will I suspect be dull affair, both teams are through and then on top of that neither really wants to win either…all the makings of a dull game.
Now the Scotland game could be a great one.
 

weasel

Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
19,036
Location
My Island
Hard luck Scotland. That was the only game of theirs I got to see, but they just looked a class below Croatia. No shame in that though.
 

edd_jedi

Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
8,029
Location
Brighton
Yeah it was a tough group, Scotland came where you would expect them to compared to the other teams. Don't worry Scots, England will be out in the next round
 

weasel

Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
19,036
Location
My Island
Yeah, they were the 3rd weakest side in the tournament. They did ok, they didn't disgrace themselves at all, but just a little class or a few more top level players when push came to shove.
 

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
8,043
Germany it is then for England, should be a good game as Germany will have a go for sure.
 

weasel

Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
19,036
Location
My Island
Germany have been pish twice and good once. Which is once more than England have been good. Germany came third in a good group (on paper) and England won a poor group (on paper). The winner players Sweden or Ukraine, which is a gimme at this level.

Cue a dull draw and the German's to win on pens then!
 

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
8,043
Germans will take us apart and expose how inept Southgate is and I really, really, really hope I’m wrong! lol
 

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Joined
Apr 20, 2020
Messages
520
weasel said:
Germany have been pish twice and good once. Which is once more than England have been good. Germany came third in a good group (on paper) and England won a poor group (on paper). The winner players Sweden or Ukraine, which is a gimme at this level.

Cue a dull draw and the German's to win on pens then!

Think Germany came runners up in there group and we will beat them this time 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
 

stu70

Padawan
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
233
Location
UK
Glad Portugal went out, couldn't have happened to nicer bunch of players, the walking bell end Ronaldo and the monumental **** Pepe. Bye.
 

weasel

Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
19,036
Location
My Island
DarthHamblin said:
weasel said:
Germany have been pish twice and good once. Which is once more than England have been good. Germany came third in a good group (on paper) and England won a poor group (on paper). The winner players Sweden or Ukraine, which is a gimme at this level.

Cue a dull draw and the German's to win on pens then!

Think Germany came runners up in there group and we will beat them this time 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

You're right. They did come second.

stu70 said:
Glad Portugal went out, couldn't have happened to nicer bunch of players, the walking bell end Ronaldo and the monumental **** Pepe. Bye.

Pepe is such a nice chat, I dunno why you, or anyone, could possibly hate him.
Everyone knows my opinion on Ronaldo :wink:
 

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Joined
Apr 20, 2020
Messages
520
weasel said:
DarthHamblin said:
weasel said:
Germany have been pish twice and good once. Which is once more than England have been good. Germany came third in a good group (on paper) and England won a poor group (on paper). The winner players Sweden or Ukraine, which is a gimme at this level.

Cue a dull draw and the German's to win on pens then!

Think Germany came runners up in there group and we will beat them this time 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

You're right. They did come second.

stu70 said:
Glad Portugal went out, couldn't have happened to nicer bunch of players, the walking bell end Ronaldo and the monumental **** Pepe. Bye.

Pepe is such a nice chat, I dunno why you, or anyone, could possibly hate him.
Everyone knows my opinion on Ronaldo :wink:
Yeah pepes a idiot, but he does make it quite exciting, that was one of the best moments when he cleaned out hazard after the whistle 😂
 

weasel

Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
19,036
Location
My Island
I was surprised he stayed on. I was half expecting the whole game to descend into a free for all. Kinda disappointed it didn't. Always great viewing when two teams lose it and just try and kill each other.
 

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Joined
Apr 20, 2020
Messages
520
weasel said:
I was surprised he stayed on. I was half expecting the whole game to descend into a free for all. Kinda disappointed it didn't. Always great viewing when two teams lose it and just try and kill each other.

Exactly what I was thinking 😃
 

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Joined
Apr 3, 2014
Messages
8,043
DarthHamblin said:
weasel said:
Germany have been pish twice and good once. Which is once more than England have been good. Germany came third in a good group (on paper) and England won a poor group (on paper). The winner players Sweden or Ukraine, which is a gimme at this level.

Cue a dull draw and the German's to win on pens then!

Think Germany came runners up in there group and we will beat them this time 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

I genuinely hope your correct, whoever wins couldn’t ask for an easier route to the final. I love you optimism on England would love some of that myself I just can’t see it.
 

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Joined
Apr 20, 2020
Messages
520
theforceuk said:
DarthHamblin said:
weasel said:
Germany have been pish twice and good once. Which is once more than England have been good. Germany came third in a good group (on paper) and England won a poor group (on paper). The winner players Sweden or Ukraine, which is a gimme at this level.

Cue a dull draw and the German's to win on pens then!

Think Germany came runners up in there group and we will beat them this time 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

I genuinely hope your correct, whoever wins couldn’t ask for an easier route to the final. I love you optimism on England would love some of that myself I just can’t see it.
I believe every time mate 😃 hopefully Southgate will go with the right team instead of the easy options.
 

lejackal

Grand Master
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
6,904
Two stonking matches tonight and the Swiss looked like deserved winners in the end
 

Latest posts

Top Bottom