General Euro 2012 Discussion Thread!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Dark Sith Lord said:
Re Refree. Yeh it took about 20 mins of the 2nd Half to give us a ****in decison as for Cabaye. He could have been given 4 yelow cards for professional fouls. Worst Ref performance of the tournmanent and not just Bias!

He was poor, TBF the one in the Greece game was even worse, 2 yellows for nothing!

jackabina

Sith Lord
Awesome game tonight. Portugal got a good win against a spirited danish side. Why can't Bentner play like that for Arsenal?

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Well we did the hard way AGAIN. I throught Walcott was good with some actually good crosses on the end of his pace. Great Finish from Welbeck. However, for 15 mins after second half. We had forgot how to defend corners and who the **** was marking Mellberg :?

jackabina

Sith Lord
Very fortunate. I think England have found a limit. Will it be good enough to beat better teams :|

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Me and my little girls (5 & 7) thoroughly enjoyed tonights game, the Mrs had gone out so I let them stay up & watch their first full game. Better than the usual England performance, we got well behind them and plenty of beer & chocolate was had.

Not great but a victory none the less, onto Tuesday....

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Two mediocre sides.
England prob just about deserved to win, but as Liam said who the hell was marking Mellberg for that second one?

If I was you I'd be praying you don't get Spain!

PGowdy

Grand Master
Last night was a fantastic game and an excellent result for England. There's no avoiding the fact that we weren't very good for a lot of the game and made a very mediocre team look good but as i pointed out to my brother at the final whistle, as average as it was, it's better than any england performance in in the world cup 2 years ago by some way. We have to take small mercies with England. You have to remember, Holland lost to Denmark! Italy couldn't beat Croatia. A win of any kind in this tournament is not easy and unless you're Spain or Germany, playing slick cohesive football is just not something most national teams take to very quickly in major tournaments.
Tho we refused to accept it, in terms of tournament performances and results, we've been one of the worst in the world for over a decade and in our history have only managed to get out of our group in the european championships twice. For this tournament to be a success we need to get out of your group and IF we're really lucky with the draw we'll get a weak team in the QFs and get to a semi final for only the 3rd time in our history, in any tournament!

PGowdy

Grand Master
If we don't win the group we will almost definitely get Spain and we will definitely go out. I'd make Spain about 1/8 favourites to beat England. We would need a miracle.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I was saying to a mate last night, has there ever been a better midfield than Spain's? Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Fabregas, Villa, Mata?

That's SEVEN world class midfielders who would be the star man in any other country.

That's ignoring Jesus Navas and Santi Cazola who are proper good.

Scary scary stuff!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Would love to see them win, but I think the Germans will be too strong for them.

Though I thought the Dutch would bet them as well, so........

ewok13

Padawan
They will be strong indeed, though hopefully we will get 1 point and the Dutch wins their game. So that we can move on with Germany :)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Seriously, WTF happened to the Dutch?

They don't even look like a team, never mind one of the supposed favourites

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom